“Home away from home - in any season!”

Mountain Meadows Lodge
Ranked #2 of 14 Killington B&B and Inns
Randolph, Massachusetts
“Home away from home - in any season!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Looking forward to returning soon. Can't say enough about this wonderful place and Bill and Anne. We've visited in the snow and cold, mud season :) (aka spring!), the glory of summer and the splendor of autumn. A truly welcoming place that feels like coming home to family. Love the space in the lodge - and that you can find whatever kind of place you need at the moment - a fire to read in front of, movies to watch, games to play, a piano to sing around, a magnificent view to contemplate, great conversation. And the outdoor options are limitless - as are the views! Our family has visited alone, brought friends (who were welcomed like family by Bill and Anne) and attended a "Family Fun" weekend a few years back. And I can imagine my son's wedding there - when it's time!! (No pressure, Alex...)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Castleton, Vermont
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed at Mountain Meadows with our 4 year old during the summer, and would love to go back. The lodge atmosphere is warm and welcoming, with plenty of room and activities for kids and adults. The property is beautiful, with the lake, hiking trails, raspberries, swimming pool, and of course Alice the pig, who my son loved! The hosts, Bill and Anne, are very friendly and attentive to any guest needs. I would definitely recommend the lodge!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Troy, New York
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We are gearing up for another wonderful stay at Mt. Meadows Lodge. This Feb we will be there again with our Church event and everyone is so excited. We Always enjoy our time there each and every year we go. The rooms are cozy, the space is great and it allows for fun for all different age groups. In our group we have folks that love to do so many things. Snow shoes are there for those that want to take a hike on the trails or off. Sleds are there for the kids and adults to enjoy playing in the snow. Some go skiing and others just sit around the large fireplace and talk. We have others that play games in the game room and others that play the piano in the music room. We have some that just love to put together puzzles in the kitchen and others that lay on the chairs and just read a book. There is so much to do and we always enjoy sitting up and enjoying each other company in to the early morning hours. I can't say enough about Bill and Ann and actually we feel a little like family. They are extremely kind to us and we enjoy their company greatly. Bill is always making sure he has food on hand so the kids get to feed the animals. A highlight for the kids to say the least. If your looking for a quiet, relaxing getaway that wont break your budge then you found it. We love it so much that we book each and every year for our annual Church's Mid-Winter Retreat and the entire Church enjoys it every year.

Looking forward to the trip in the next few months...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Burlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Bill & Anne go out of their way to make you comfortable. There are many things already there for young families to enjoy. The pool and the hot tub are nice. There is Alice the pot bellied pig and Alex the pony. There is kayaks, a canoe, bonfires and smores. They also have many games, movies and books when the weather doesn't cooperate. I highly reccomend Mountain Meadows for young families.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have gone with my family to Mountain Meadows Lodge for many years. To say they are gracious hosts would be an understatement, they will jump over backwards to make you feel comfortable, there has been many times, where I will need something random throughout our trip and somehow Anne or Bill find a way to make it happen. So, if you are ever looking for a place to go on vacation and call home, this is the place for you. While it may not be a 5 star hotel with amenities up the wazoo, it does have that charm your looking for when venturing out into mountainous countryside. From hot cocoa to sitting by a cozy fire, they have just what you need after a long day of skiing, hiking, or playing with the pig (Alice). I look forward every year to this vacation, not only because it is a great place to get away and bond with my family, but because Anne and Bill always remember us and make us feel special. We live in the city full time and made this our winter tradition/our getaway from the hustle and bustle and will keep it for many years to come!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My family and I have went to MML for the first time last year. After even one stay I can say they are like our second family! The lodge is beautiful and warm, and we felt like we are welcomed by our close family friends the second we arrived. Anne and Bill run a wonderful, respectful, hardworking, bend-over-backwards staff. For example, my kids wanted to play ping pong but all of the balls had been destroyed by the kids of a family staying there that we overlapped with for a night. I watched the children stomp on the ping pong balls after they trashed the game room - NO parents in sight! The next night Dave (the manager) offered to run out and pick up more ping pong balls for my kids! WHAT SERVICE!! Thank you! Lauren and Tiffany always were friendly and making sure we had everything we needed at meals, etc.

We loved the family feel and we loved the Mercier Family as well as their staff. We are booked again for this winter and are counting down the days!! We will be coming here for years!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
ny
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We are avid travelers. As you can see from my profile, our family has traveled many times to Europe and I rarely dislike a hotel and give it a negative review. Whether we stay in a boutique, Four Seasons, or a small 3 star facility, I do my research and almost always find nice things to say. Our family has traveled to Istanbul, London, Paris, Costa Rica, Sicily, Italy, Portugal, Mexico and parts of the Caribbean. With that being said, my children, for the most part, well behaved.

We stayed in Mountain Meadows Lodge 3 years in a row. We stay over Christmas Break and we travel with other families. Last year we went with 4 other families. This year my family and another family booked our stay on line. Two days later, the owners sent us a rude, abrupt e-mail stating that we are not welcome at their facility. We thought this was an error and tried to contact them via e-mail and phone MANY times and they have failed to respond. I wrote to Bill and Ann(the owners) that I would like to know why they have blacklisted us from their lodge and they ignore and refuse to return a call or e-mail back..

This came to us as a shock and be we are bewildered because they never reprimanded our children, never spoke us during our stay or insinuated that they were unhappy with our family!! We helped with the dishes, were respectful and friendly to the staff and always tipped them upon our departure. Needless to say, I am outraged that they could be so rude and ignore our calls and e-mails.

Let me tell you the real deal with the our stay at the Mountain Meadows. The staff, in general, rude. The owners are not happy people and seem to always have an attitude, unfriendly and rarely smile. The waitress in the restaurant has a very poor attitude. There is one person, a young man, who is the only friendly employee. We always went out of our way to say good morning and hello and Bill, Ann and the waitress and they always seemed as if they were in a bad mood. It is an uncomfortable feeling but we are busy with the children, skiing, and with our friends so we didn't pay much attention.

The rooms are mediocre, bathrooms are very small, tiny towels and not enough for our family. The bedspreads are old and worn and I know they are rarely washed. We hated sitting on the beds because I disgusted that they were not clean. The bedrooms are dark and some of them have cold drafts coming through the windows. The really big problem is hot water for the shower. Every night, after skiing, they ran out of hot water!! All of us had at least one cold shower during our stay therefore we had to rush into the shower and be very quick. This is very uncomfortable since it is freezing after skiing and then we have to freeze in the shower. They are aware that this is an issue but do nothing to rectify the problem. By the way, we never once complained.

The breakfast is decent but it is rare to get hot water or hot coffee. We joked that this year we were going to bring up our coffee maker. When we would get back form skiing they rarely had hot water or coffee out. We would have to put the water in the microwave to heat it up. On occasion we would ask for hot water and but they always seemed as if they were annoyed so we would stopped asking.

So why did we rebook this year? Convenience. The children liked the Lodge and were comfortable. It was becoming a tradition which Bill and Ann ended. It was inexpensive compared to the other facilities and a short driving distance to the mountain. It is situated on a nice piece of property. In addition, we did not have to research for another hotel.

Bill and Ann are not friendly people. I am appalled how they handled the situation and will not respond and ignore me, my husband and the other family. I do not think I have ever given a TERRIBLE on TA, but in this case Mountain Meadows Lodge truly deserves the this rating.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family