“Great condo and location!”

Whiffletree Condominiums
NYC
“Great condo and location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2006

We booked Whiffletree through killington's web site by calling them on the phone. Somehow the price is a lot cheaper than getting a quote online. For a 3 days 2 beds 2 baths package for 5 of us we only paid $212
per person including the 3 days lift ticket!! The price was unbelievably low. ( We got the i -1 unit, all units are not the same because they have different owners.)

When we got there we couldn't believe that for such low price, we could get a great condo like this. It's only 2 mins drive to the ski lodges. The condo was very clean and nice furnished. The kitchen had everything we could possibily needed. (cookware, really nice silverwares, plates, bowls, equipments, paper plates.... glasses and even wine glasses )

The living room was spacious with a comfortable couch and tv with standard cable channels. The Tv is is a bit small and older (around 20 '' - 24" ). It's no problem with us.

All the rooms were clean and spacious with drawers and roomy closets. All rooms have its own heating controls so you can adjust base on your preference. The only complain I had is that in the smaller room the heater made a small noise once in a while that bothered me on the first night. (as I got more tired from skiing it didn't bother me anymore.)

Overall it was a wonderful stay, all of us left with a great smile!

• Liked — great value for it's price, great location
  • Disliked — noise from the heater in the smaller room
  • Tips/Secrets — get a package deal from killington's web site
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank travelnyc78

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
North Haven, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2005

We thought it was great. It was a nice 1BR condo, full kitchen, was clean, plenty of space, excellent location. For the money you can't beat it. Other comparable priced loding at killington will get you a dumpy hotel room anywhere else; at wiffletree you get a condo with a fireplace and living room & kitchen. Had no issues at all with the place, everything exceeded my expectations. This will probably be the only place we stay for now on.

• Stayed December 2005
2 Thank dem1234
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2005

We stayed at 1BR condo for the Labor Day weekend. We purchased mountain biking passes thru online reservation as well. It is started when we arrived at the front desk of Grand Summit hotel to register. We were surprized that there is no pool at this condominium and we can't access one at some other hotel (there are plenty around). At the first look it was pretty 1BR condo although it was look more like walk-out basement since the building is on the slope and we've got 1-st floor (there were plenty available units). It looked like it was some flooding prior to our arival and unit smelt strangely, carpet near the door was removed. Sheets were wet too. When we played tennis at court in front of our building we spoted outdoor pool with sign "For whiffletree residents and guest". Reservation desk was surprized that there is one (they just didn't know). During the night we couldn't sleep because of fire detector that was buzzing quitely every 5 seconds but loud enough to wake us up. But it all started next day when our keys for the room stopped working altogether. Apparently insted of 2 nights they were set-up for 1 night. The problem was that my wife got locked out for 3 hours with 2 little kids without ability to call or reach anybody, while I was hiking. All activities that we purchased for this day we had to shorten or cancel (without refund). The only refund that we got from the killington reservations was for biking passes that we couldn't use and for the bike that I've rented in the morning and couldn't use either.

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank Zevik101

Travellers are raving about these Killington hotels

St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2005

This was a big mistake staying at the Wiffletree in Killington. I visited Killington for a weekend of golf with a friend of mine. I booked a package on ---- after reading the brief description on the web site. I booked a one bedroom thinking it would have a two beds . It had two beds but they were single size with the room being so small that if I spread my arms out I could almost touch the walls. The pull out couch was an option but I would not have been able to golf due to it being so uncomfortable, the beds were not much better. Next the TV remote did not work. The security guard came and tried to fix it but was unable. Luckily it was late enough where TV was not necessary. Next for the AC, there was none! The second night we were able to get a fan. The room just did not feel clean. The tub in the bathroom was so worn I’m surprise it did not leak. I’m not usually very picky where I stay but this place needed some serious work. I sure won’t be staying there again. Pay the extra money and stay at the Grand Resort.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2004

Phenomenal! Great place to stay, everything I wanted at a great price...Needs a hot though.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2003

Older, but will maintained Condos 1/2 mile from Snowshed, very close to Ram's Head family center. Cozy, warm, and clean.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member