See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 January 2010

Just returned from staying at the Whiffletree Condos over MLK weekend, and I would not recommend this place. Yes, the location was great. We could ski down to the condo for lunch, then grab the bus back to the lodge after, but location is all this place has going for it. I would compare it to a cheap hotel. The beds weren't comfortable, the bed frame was broken, I didn't get one good nights sleep the three nights we were there. The biggest issue was cleanliness! Upon our arrival we discovered broken glass on the floor of one of the bedrooms, there were ping pong ball strewn about the place (beer pong I'm sure from the previous renters), gum stuck to one of the mirror frames, old toothpaste, deodorant, and bar soap in the bathrooms, cigarette butts and trash on the balcony; whoever is responsible for housecleaning should be fired! If locations is all you're concerned with, then yes, stay here, but if you're looking for an all around great weekend, look elsewhere.

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Canoer42
Reviewed 27 December 2009

LOOK its simple DONT DO IT !!! --- I booked Wiffletree because :Wise: vacations steered me there.
It was supposed to be a decent deal and a good spot. WHAT A FIASCO.... poor communication, no receipts, no directions, and finally the keys woudlnt work. Sat in the 14 degree in the cold for oveer a half hour to even get in.
WHAT was worse the place is like a smelly run down frat house, ICE COLD HALLWAYS, slop on the walls, SHODDY RUGS THAT SMELL, filthy wimdows , Teeny space dirt windows poor quality , really not clean With all the choice in Killington and all the COMPETITION, YOU CAN FIND MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER FOR SAME PRICE--I RAN- AND IM SO BLESSED I DID... I STAYED AT THE NORTH STAR, FULL HOUSE KEEPING, JAQUIZI, COMPLETE KITCHEN AND LARGE SUITES VERY VERY NICE FOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE....<Negotiable>

BE VERY VERY CAREFUL.... WIFFLETREE NEEDS TO BE DISENFECTED, RAZED, CLEANED AND THEN REDECORATED.... ITS GROSS!

Date of stay: December 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank disspointed
Reviewed 30 March 2008

great place to stay. good location. nice kitchen area. good view from the balcony. I am a travel agent myself and stayed a lot of different places. Anyone that says they didnt like this property for any reason is crazy! Its awesome

Date of stay: February 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank geoleti777
Reviewed 15 October 2007

We have travelled a lot and this is, far and away, the worst place we have ever stayed. We stayed in two different units as the first one was so bad, we asked to be moved to another. The second unit was just as awful. The units are in need of some serious repair, (broken concrete patios, hanging door frames, disconnected and hanging thermostats, ripped or nonexistent window screens, garbage in the hallways, etc.). They also had mice and ants and overall were not very clean. It was a tough weekend with my mother, sister, husband and two children, ages five and one, in tow. Killington Grand Resort, which manages this property, asked us to send them a written complaint. We did so a month ago and after repeated attempts to contact them, we are still awaiting a reply. Never again will we book here or with the Killington Grand Resort.

Date of stay: September 2007
1  Thank Likes_to_travel78
Reviewed 27 May 2007

A very economical way to spend a weekend at Killington. Wiffletree is for people who would rather spend their money on an extra day of skiing/riding than on room service or indoor pool. My friends and I ususally get the 1 or 2 bedroom (bring an aerobed...no one should have to use that pullout) and it's great. Instead of having to go out to eat for every meal we just hit the Grand Union in Rutland and made our own food. It's about 30 seconds from Snowshed so you can go back to the condo for lunch without having to spend $8 for soup at the lodges. Where else can you spend less than $200 a night and get a fireplace, living room, and full kitchen? There is NO airconditioning or pool, making this a better choice for winter sports( heater works fine). We will always stay at Wiffletree. Be warned. Each is privately owned so the kitchens are owner-stocked with essentials for the most part; but sometimes things are missing...like a can opener, or measuring cups.

Date of stay: March 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank awleia1