“Wine Tasting Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Higganum Ct
“Wine Tasting Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

What a great place for the annual Aleski wine tasting! The atmosphere is very cozy and welcoming!The breakfast buffet was outstanding and The bar also a great meeting place for a beverage!The rooms are very nice and simply decorated but very clean.The hot tub well cared for.The view of Killington is spectaular and the best part of Summit Lodge?-The dogs!!!Look forward to coming for this event every year and statying at The Summit Lodge!

Room Tip: Room that looks out to Killington!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Love the dogs and the owners. The hotel is conveniently located, the restaurant and bar is great. The free breakfast is very good.The hot-tub is fantastic after ski. The room are basic but the fire places always burning and the rustic decor is all the charm I need.

Room Tip: Choose a room far from the game room.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank belanger500
Wall, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

We have been staying at the Summit Lodge every holiday weekend in January for the past 8 years. It is truly the most warm, friendly place and set in the most beautiful grounds. The staff is great, the bar and restaurant never disappoints, and we always enjoy the hot tub and pool after a great day of skiing. There is a reason that we continue to return year after year with many other of our friends for this very enjoyable annual trip. LOVE playing with Teddy and Rachael, the new Saint Bernards! Highly recommend the Summit Lodge!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
North Egremont, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

This lodge is on the Killington access road. Its claim to fame is its St. Bernards, of which it always has two. Kids love them. The rooms are a bit spartan but more than adequate. There's a hot tub and saunas for apres-ski. The restaurant is okay, and the breakfasts (which are included in the room price) are great. Prices are reasonable, something not easy to find this close to the ski area.

Room Tip: Ask for something quiet. Many of the rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Summit Lodge in early December for a wedding. What a wonderful venue! From the scenery to the fireplace, the resident Saint Bernard's, the good food, it just couldn't have been more perfect! The wedding guests must have filled all of the rooms. We arrived Friday evening, had a glass of wine in the bar then took advantage of the large hot tub. A buffet was held in the large living area with the fire crackling. We then moved downstairs to the bar and enjoyed sing along entertainment from a great piano player. After a great breakfast in the sunroom the next morning, we watched pictures being taken of the wedding party out in the gazebo as light snowflakes added to the ambiance. The reception was well done with excellent food served at different food stations and the breakfast sunroom converted to a dance room with a live band and bar. After a wonderful breakfast the next day we all departed having enjoyed a perfectly marvelous weekend at the inn and the special warmth and coziness it has to offer.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Sparta, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

I have been staying at the Summit Lodge every winter for the past eleven years with my family and it has always been a great experience. My first trip was when I was eight years old, and it was a wonderful place to spend time with the family. It is very cozy in the lounge with the fire place and the St. Bernards keeping everybody company. They have an outdoor pool that is heated in the winter and a hot tub inside with a sauna in each bathroom. I was always happy to relax in the hot tub after a long day on the mountain. However, this past year was my first bad experience there. While I was staying at the lodge, I brought my hookah from home (for those of you who do not know, a hookah is a water pipe that people smoke tobacco out of, and it is legal in all fifty states). Upon our arrival, my family asked if we could smoke tobacco out on the main patio, just outside the lounge area. The owner told us it was perfectly fine. I then set up my hookah and the owner asked me what it was. When I explained it to him, he told me that it was fine that I smoked it as long as it was only tobacco in there. He also said that I could take some chairs out there to sit if we'd like. He was very hospitable and I was grateful for that. The next night, I did the same thing and the manager came outside just to make sure it was tobacco that we were smoking. She saw that it was and left. Later that night, I made some friends at the Summit Lodge and one of the other guests was outside with me until about 12:30 a.m. At that time, a very tall man named Bob (Nighttime Security / Manager) opened the door and started berating me and barking orders for me to put the hookah away, put all of the chairs back inside, and to leave and go to bed. I was very confused as to what was happening because I have never seen this man working there before, he did not have a name tag, nor was he wearing a uniform. He just starting berating me and others in my company by lecturing us on how it is illegal and we should leave if we want to do that. When I told him that the owner allowed it, he said something to the effect of "I don't care what he told you. I say you can't." I was incredibly shocked as to how rude he was to all of the guests staying there. That was the first bad experience I have ever had at the Summit Lodge. Otherwise, it is a fantastic place to stay so long as you do not hang around the lounge area after midnight while Bob is on duty.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

My fiance and I just returned from our second stay at the Summit Lodge. After our first experience, we immediatly booked our second stay.Although we didn't ski, this lodge is the perfect place for a winter getaway The Summit is a perfect place to relax and unwind. We enjoyed relaxing in the family style lodge by the fireplace and having winter cocktails in The Saints Pub! There are several great restaurants on the same road along the mountain. We can't wait to book another stay next year and to hang out with the the Saints, Rachael and Teddy and little Astro!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple