“A trip to Killington isn't a trip if we don't stay at the Summit!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Summit Lodge & Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Summit Lodge & Resort
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A trip to Killington isn't a trip if we don't stay at the Summit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I have stayed at the Summit at least once a year since I was 2 years old (I am now 24). I've been there with family and friends, and the thought of staying somewhere else makes the trip seem incomplete! For me, the memories I have there are too many to count. Swimming in the heated pool outside then jumping in the snow piles to do snow angels in my bathing suit. Bringing friends and boyfriends to experience the friendliest dogs in the east. Getting up early to get those amazing chocolate chip pancakes with a side of ice cream (a favorite during my tween years). The staff has such personality and charisma, and they know the area so well they can help you with any sort of question you could have about the Killington area. There is no place like the Summit Lodge, so if you are looking for a cookie-cutter luxury hotel this isn't the place for you! This place has character and warmth and is an experience like no other. You will meet people from all over the world, and probably see them there again next year! It is hard to put into words how much I love the Summit, so I will leave it at that. I LOVE IT! Can't wait to plan my next trip!

Room Tip: Suites are great for families, and there are room with bunk beds for multiple kids/friends
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

It's good karma, our spiritual retreat. Owner & staff are like family. Of course the St.Bernards make it special. This is a great place to go even if you're not skiing. You can relax by fireplaces in a wonderful "livingroom." There are cozy other little nooks to enjoy - library, hot tub, outdoor heated pool, bar-pub, plus great food. You don't even have to go out. It's kid-friendly, feels safe. This place is one of the great finds of my life. It seems like everyone who goes here feels like this. Most of the people you talk to have been going for many years. My husband and I actually got married at the Summit - in the summer. It's super in the summer, too. I really can't say enough about this place. You will not, cannot, go wrong if you choose this spot for your trip to Killington. One more thing - there's great sightseeing close-by, such as Simon Pierce Factory, Maple Syrup Farms, and more. Carol A Zielinski

Room Tip: We always get a suite. People with children seem to like the "family room."
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Westfield, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was our 4th visit from Indiana to Killington since 2011! We have stayed at the Summit Lodge each visit. Every time we are treated with a friendliness that always make our trip feel special! We have met so many interesting people on our trips. Our kids have made wonderful friends as well. Each time we meet people who have been staying at the lodge for 20-30 years. I hope we become one of those families as well!

Room Tip: Call the lodge direct. Tell them what you are looking for and staff will fit your needs.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lenox Dale, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Another fantastic trip to the Summit! Nothing like swimming outside in the middle of winter, my 9 yr old nephew thought that was the greatest!!! My aching bones loved the hot tub after a long day skiing. Benny in Saints Pub was a great new addition. Kudos to Billy Bauer and his staff once again. Hope to get back soon.

• Stayed December 2013
Fairfield, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I just finished an eight day stay at Summit Lodge In Killington, Vermont. This was my forth time to stay there while attending the PSIA's PROJAM event held annually at Killington. It was better than ever. If you are looking for one of those sterile, ultra modern places, then this is not your place. If, however, you enjoy a stay in "old' Vermont, look no further. It has all the amenities of a first class ski hotel; clean quiet rooms, hot tub, heated outdoor pool, saunas, and fireplaces 24/7. A very large an delicious breakfast menu is included in the cost of the room. Service can be a little slow, but worth the wait. There is an dinner menu that is affordable and the quality of the food is as good as you will find on the mountain. I love this bar!! It is frequented by guests and locals alike. The staff is friendly and the owner is always on the premises and sometimes in the bar. The two Saint Bernards, "Rachael" and "Teddy" are there to make you feel at home also. All in all, it is fun place to call home for a week in Vermont and I can't wait to do it again next year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Walt Disney World, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

So first the cons!
This place needs some work, a pot holed driveway led me to the summit lodge. When I arrived in reception no-one greeted me immediately which I thought was rude. They saw me but rather than say "I'll be right with you" they just blanked me until they were finished their task (You never get a second chance at a first impression) Then when the guy checked me in he was very mono-tone.. Not welcoming but not rude either. Didn't smile, just did his job. Didn't offer to help me with my bags.
When I was shown my room I was very disappointed to find that it was extremely outdated, needs a total revamp. everything from the bed covers, headboard, pictures on the walls and fixtures. No-where to unpack my things.. No storage.
I was however satisfied that it was clean enough. Cheap shampoo and conditioner, no body lotion.
The rest of the lodge was awfully outdated too, lots of pictures and memorabilia of dogs. Literally everywhere to the point of looking cluttered. could do with a clear out in my opinion.
They seem to have crafted their identity on the dogs. even the menu was bone shaped. Not very classy or appetizing.
The summit lodge does have some great pro's too!
Indoor hot tub is perfect after a day on the slopes, kids are allowed in too and the server will happily bring cocktails. Their is a weird African wall in the hot tub room. I don't know who dreamed that up but it does not fit with any decor in Vermont.
A huge fireplace is in the lounge area which is very comforting and pleasant to sit near especially with the big beautiful dogs they have.
the place DOES-NOT smell like dogs! They only are around for a couple of hours during the evening.
They have a pub! This was great to have a beer, meet people etc.
breakfast! It's free so it's good enough. If I were paying for it I would choose to eat elsewhere, if breakfast was great maybe I would have chosen to eat dinner here but I decided to dine out during my stay.
The inn keeper bill was a really nice guy.
So all in all the summit lodge offers a pub, restaurant, hot tub, outdoor heated pool and free breakfast. The rooms and general Decor is outdated but the place has everything you need!

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cheshire, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Myself and 13 family members stayed at the Summit Lodge in Killington last weekend. It was wonderful. the location near the ski mountain is perfect, and they have their own door to mountain shuttle. The hot tub and outside pool were great for the 4 teenagers. So was the free popcorn. The restaurant was excellent, both breakfast and dinner. The best part however is the staff, they all went out of their way to make our stay fantastic. The building is an older building, but the furniture and beds were big and modern. We will be returning!

Room Tip: Ask for the family rooms if you have teenagers who want their own bed.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family