All reviewsnew ownersthe pubappalachian trail adventuresindoor hot tubpoolside barphoto boothsaint bernardschange of ownershipfull menulawn gamesturned aroundnice bonusold schoolliving roomfamily weddingthis past weekendcommon areas
Reviewed 13 January 2018

We stayed 2 nights at the Summit Lodge while skiing Killington. This is a classic rustic New England ski lodge. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed the hot tub and outdoor pool, both of which were clean and relaxing. The included breakfast was hearty and delicious. Each evening, we lingered in the living room near the huge fireplace and enjoyed meeting other guests. Our room was comfortable with 2 queen beds. There are lots of activities to amuse everyone. We did not eat at the onsite Irish pub, other guests said the food was delicious with large servings. We would stay at the Summit again when visiting Killington.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Summit L, Front Office Manager at Summit Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you Ireihle, for your business and your kind words. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and do hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 13 January 2018

This was our first visit this year. The new owners have been upgrading steadily but have kept all the charm and friendliness that makes it special. The breakfasts are still vast and delicious! They've opened up the space around the hot tub so you can now see out to the winter pool ( which is a neat place to be on a starry night or when snow is falling). The Lodge is a comfortable place for solo travelers, couples, families and friend groups.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
SummitLodge1, Owner at Summit Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Thank you for the kind words we are very lucky to have such a great place and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

This is our first time for this ski season. One of the obvious changes is the bedding has been upgraded! The bed now has new duvet covers. I was a little perturbed by the fact that they came at the expense of top sheets. So you are sleeping under the duvet but no top sheet. The bathroom toilet have been upgraded to do away with the 50s pink. They were supplying each of the room with Vermont Flannel bathrobes which is a very high end resort touch. Unfortunately they were not in our room so I thought they stopped this practice. My boyfriend went to the front desk to ask and they handed them over. I would have thought it was an oversight of the cleaning crew but every other person I spoke to asked us where we got the robes. I think they are trying to do away with them which would be a shame.
Another main change we saw was the breakfast menu has been put back to an all inclusive so there is no extra charge. Another improvement. The Drink menu for breakfast is on the back but I still think there are no takers.
i will say our cleaning staff was lacking and they did not replace shampoo and conditioner nor was the waste basket in the bathroom emptied.
One more change was they used to have mid week buy two get one free on your booking but that has gone away. The price is still reasonable so it is not a concern
I also noticed that the rack for the wood for the fireplace was not filled as often as it was. On the flip side there is now coffee and tea in the common area in the evening as well as pre breakfast. Another nice touch.
That is my take on the changes on my go to place for skiing. I still highly recomend staying here. The new owner is doing a great job!

Room Tip: You have lots of options from economy that does not give you a view of the mountain to family suites.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Skibear225
SummitLodge1, Owner at Summit Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thanks for taking the time to mention us, we have had some issues with house keeping which I have addressed, the robes are not going away sorry you had to ask for them we do have a delivery of new robes inbound any day now. I will check on the firewood as I know we have no shortage, again thanks for your feedback hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Took my two teenage kids to Killington for a few days of skiing. Was (record breaking) cold outside, but the Summit Lodge was the comfortable, warm place we needed to be to unwind at the end of every ski day. The staff was super-nice to all three of us, and the food and amenities were exactly what we wanted/expected. We spent time in the lobby/sitting by the fire and in the pool and hot tub nightly. The breakfast buffet every morning before we headed to the slopes was perfect for the three of us. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much, the Lodge is for sure a family resort and we would love to welcome you back again real soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We have been skiing in Killington for over 20 years and from our experience this Inn has it all! The new owner and his wife are working hard to improve this rustic lodge. His Irish charm in combination with their superb hospitality is certainly a reason to frequent this venue. The staff members are friendly and accomodating. The hot tub and outdoor pool are a rare find in Vt Inn's. For our family, these amenities are a necessity and they are much appreciated after a long day of skiing. The restaurant/pub along with it's live entertainment is certainly a plus. The fireplaces and rustic decor gives it a cozy feel. The Summit Lodge offers its guests the full Vermont experience without going elsewhere while staying there. We will definitely continue to stay here and definitely recommend it for families, couples, friends or if traveling alone.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Colleen2018

I love the title thank you so much, we all look forward to seeing you again real soon.