“OK, but not worth $200 per night”

Killington Center Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Reviewed 15 March 2011

The rooms are clean, however, this property needs some touching up. Some of the furnishings, carpeting, etc., are worn and need replacement or refreshing.

Location: Very good. Not slopeside, but next to shuttle bus stop and a few restaurants are a very short walk. Grist Mill restaurant/night club is just 600 yards away. Peppino's (Italian food) is 150 yards away. Johnny Boy's Pancake House is on the property and offers a better breakfast, quite complete and good. About 800 yards up the road is "Pizza Jerks" and their pizza is very good.

You CAN stay here if you don't have a car, however, some might consider this a "push", so to speak. 98% of the hotel guests come by car.

The room could be described as passable, however, the mattress was somewhat worn and was sagging in the middle. Cable TV wires were stapled to the floor molding giving an exposed look that was not attractive. Wallpaper seams were peeled away from the wall in places, and was bubbled outwards from water damage elsewhere. The TV was a 25" CRT (cathode ray tube) affair with a fair assortment of channels.

Breakfast is continental; you can make waffles. Coffee, tea, juice, cereal, muffins, bread, a toaster, yogurt, etc., made for a decent breakfast. If you stay is one to two days, the breakfast is passable.

This property has a summer pool NOT open in winter.

Rooms were clean, towels/linens good, pillows good. Wall unit heater/air conditioner worked well, but fan noise was evident. Room was cold upon arrival, but heated up within 30 minutes. We did not hear noise from neighboring rooms.

Try to avoid paying top dollar as this property is NOT worth $200 per night during peak vacation periods ("President's week). If rooms are $75/night for two, you might consider such a price a fair deal.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RobGNYC
There are newer reviews for Killington Center Inn & Suites

Reviewed 10 March 2011

Really liked room,but no h2o pressure. Cold had pressure & there was hot fr/spigot, but not w/pres. to come out of shower head consistently. GM came to "make adjustments", said we must be "city people, unused to rural areas with wells and low water pressure, unable to be pleased", & that the shower had an anti-scalding device to protect us (fr/taking a shower?). When I said I was disgusted with his treatment of the situation, he became belligerent, threatened to have us off the property. He called with options for us to go, w/o telling where, it was after 7pm & we chose to stay. Then he repeatedly asked if we were satisfied with our shower in a bullying way. Very unsettling.
He was annoyed when asked for AAA discount on "holiday wk" at ck-in, too.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DownhillDowntime
Reviewed 1 January 2009

We made a last minute reservation at the Comfort Inn Killington after a terrible experience at a nearby hotel/lodge (see my review for the Turn of River Lodge). One thing I can say about staying in a chain hotel like the Comfort Inn is that you know exactly what you're going to get, unlike privately owned accomodation where they may or may not wash the sheets. Comfort Inn was impeccably clean, the front desk were so welcoming, and the cleaning staff were smiley. You get free breakfast (including make-your-own waffles) and the shuttle to and from the base lodges picks you up right in front of the building. In fact they will also drop you off at restaurants and bars on the way which came in handy.

I've been coming to Killington since I was a kid and have stayed in lots of places here, from private chalets to swanky condos. Now as an adult on somewhat of a budget I would definitely stay in the Comfort Inn Killington again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuggageEnthusiast
Reviewed 2 September 2008

My husband's family used to come here every December to ski at Killington (now we are all quite busy). I've stayed there twice - once with his whole family and once with just him. We enjoy it; the kitchens are well equipped and the rooms are clean. I would stay here again, although it is relatively expensive during high season. The breakfast is ok: we got some things from the continental breakfast and then made something in our room too. It is nice to go with a big group of people who you know - when my husband and I stayed there the group of people in the room next to us was quite noisy.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Tirrelli03
Reviewed 31 March 2008

I was in the lobby getting a coffee. There weren't any creamers out on the counter anywhere so I opened the fridge under the coffee counter and took out 3 creamers for my coffee. This guy, the assistant GM verbally assaulted me, made sarcastic snide remarks to my face and more or less showed a total lack of professionalism. The fridge did have an "employees only" sign on it but geez I was just looking for a little half and half to put in my coffee. Its not like I was stealing food or trying to stuff a 12 pack of beer in there. You'd think if it was such a serious issue they would keep creamers out on the counter like the rest of the coffee serving world does. When I told him there was no reason for him to treat me so disrespectfully he wanted to argue about it and he said i didn't deserve it because I didn't ask for permission to open the fridge. (I guess that gives him the right to be a total jerk?) When I asked him his name he wouldn't tell me. He only said he was the God [-] Assistant GM. As for the property. I didn't do breakfast. The bathroom was not cleaned very well and the garbage bins were not emptied. I didn't bother bringing this up management. Figured it wouldn't go over very well given the creamer incident. Place is a little pricey for what you get in my opinion.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
4  Thank kosvt
Reviewed 5 March 2007

We had two couples staying in two different rooms. Each room was the large room with the kitchenette. The room was pretty nice and spacious. We all had the same complaintes... the water was a little unpredictable and the heater, which is usually right next to the bed, is VERY loud and it turns on and off constantly. A little pricey for what you get I think.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank poohbear79
Reviewed 27 February 2007

The Comfort Inn is one of the few chain motels near the slopes. Its location is close to the Killington lodges. This type of motel fits in very well for the adult skiier or boarder. This is a motel and as such, access to your room is by driving and exterior steps. The rooms are fine and sound does travel from the hallways and other rooms.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
The Mountain Inn
Killington Grand Resort Hotel
Killington Motel
Killington Motel
#2 of 13 in Killington

Been to Killington Center Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!