“Clean and Basic Inn Close to Everything”

Killington Center Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We have visited Vermont on the weekend of the big snow storm Feb. 8-10. We drove in before the storm and reaped the rewards of the skies on the skiing slopes the next day.
The Killington Center Inn looks nice from outside as this is a complex of buildings. There was ample parking.
Positive: The place is on main road and is minutes from all the good food and entertainment-Sun Up Bakery, Lookout Bar, Liquid Art Cafe, and only 10 min drive to the mountain lodges. It is clean and orderly. Rooms were decent, with a desk, plenty of lamps, two chairs and beds were nice and firm. The housekeeping staff was nice and prompt. I believe I saw pastries for breakfast in the front desk building.
Negative: Unfortunately the room was cold. They should make sure the heater is able to heat the room. The heater unit was old and huge and very loud. It kept blowing the same temperature air even when we set 90 at the thermostat. When we came on Friday, it was running non stop, and we later realized the window was malfunctioning and could not close properly...but the staff fixed it right away. Also, there was an insane draft from the door- I could almost see outside on the bottom and side of the door through the gap in between the door frame. Think of sustainability and how much wasted energy can be saved with insulating strips.
Because of the heater having to run all night, somehow the loud noise gave us bad dreams. I know it is sounds ridiculous, but I was half awake all night, and the rest of the night I had dreams of someone wanting to murder me. Coincidentally(or not), my roommate had similar dreams.

Overall I would visit again, I think that for the price the place was pretty good.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank doudini2
There are newer reviews for Killington Center Inn & Suites

Reviewed 17 January 2013

We stayed last year as a group and had a blast. We rented the effieciency and the adjoining room, and it was great for our group. The place is clean, nice staff and best of all on the route of the "Bus". We were able to have the "Bus" take us to the Wobbly Barn and take us back, which was a major plus. The price is great for a place so close to the moutain!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank lesley l
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Very plain but OK value. OK breakfast. good location. good parking, easy to get in/out. wasn't very full when we stayed there, but didn't hear other people when we were there.

Why does trip advisor require 200 character minumum for a review?

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank plhr21
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We stayed there with a group of friends for over ski trip, the room is big, 2 queen size beds and with an extra spare bed, which give us plenty of space to dry our boards and boots. The room is clean, only thing I don't like is the shower sprinkle. Continental breakfast doesn't have many choices, only bagels and hot chocolate. The service was good, we put out the do not disturb tag, so they drop the clean towels outside the door.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sunnyflowerl
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My husband and I stayed in Killington as a 2 day break during a business trip in July. Killington in the summer has plenty to do, but not many people there! That translates to a large drop in services available this time of year.

I am under the impression that the rooms/condos in this property are privately owned, and that may be why we had such a poorly maintained room. There was a fist-sized hole in the wall next to the door. It was in need of updating in all areas of furnishing: TV, linens, paint. The mattress was awful. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. That would not be too bad except that there was no ice maker except in the office. There is also a microwave and computer for guest use in the (locked) office.

The office is only open on the weekend, and in the morning during the week... so you can check out. We stayed Sunday and Monday nights. We got there shortly before the office closed on Sunday, and were able to get ice to chill a bottle of wine and some snacks. Monday we looked for ice to purchase since we couldn't get into the office. The deli we went to was sold out. A very kind bartender at another hotel was willing to sell us some. Breakfast is also not available at the hotel during the week. It may be offered on Saturday and Sunday, but be ready to make other plans. Overall, I did not think it was worth the $85 plus tax that we paid.

We did enjoy the area. My husband rented a mountain bike, and said the trail was really fun. It had options for people who wanted more a technical ride as well. I enjoyed the hotel pool, all to myself on a sunny morning. We found a place to rent inner tubes to float down the very lazy river.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank babynurse21
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We were in town for a weekend wedding. We called 4 days prior to arrival to ask about an early check-in so we could get ready for our afternoon event. A very nice woman told us it should not be a problem but we should call on our way up and she would make a note in the file. We called the morning of arrival to be told that " they would see what they could do" but there were no guarantees. Upon arrival our room was not ready and the front desk person told us that we were basically lying about calling ahead and that there was NO WAY they would have promised to have a room ready early. She was very aggressive and rude to my husband. She then said we could have an upgrade. My husband had gone into the reception area to check in and I was waiting in the car. When I entered the room to see what was taking so long she immediately interrupted me and told me to be quiet!! I have NEVER experienced a more rude person in a customer service business! When we agreed to taking the "upgrade" we found a room that was freezing and had a filthy shower with old soap in the corner, and no towels. After returning to the reception we were sent to another room with minimal to no apology. The second room was ok, other than the wet carpet (afraid to think why it was wet next to the bed). We would NEVER stay at this hotel again and urge you not to try it! However I have stayed at perfectly acceptable Comfort Inns so don't let this ruin all of them for you.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erika00715
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We decided to get away for the weekend and enjoy the hiking at killington and surrounding areas. This was a great place for the price. It was very pleasant and the pool was excellent. We ate a quick breakfast of cereal and donuts 1 morning and then ate out the other morning...love sugar and spice.

The rooms were very spacious and clean and the location you can not beat, for this motel is close to everything. For the price you can not beat it!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
The Mountain Inn
Killington Grand Resort Hotel
Killington Motel
Killington Motel
#2 of 13 in Killington

Been to Killington Center Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!