I was up here with a huge group of people Friday/Saturday nights. I read the other reviews on here and was really nervous about the "mice" situation.
When I got to my room, I did a full inspection all over the place. What mice? I didn't notice anything that would say there was an infestation here and after two days I was slightly suspicious of that review.
First off lets back up - this place was clearly a lot nicer than I expected. Pine hardwood floors and very recent renovations was simply great. I was in one of the single rooms with a twin bed. The bed was so comfortable, it was hard to leave it. There's no TV in the room, but you can get WiFi access, and easily watch TV/movies on your iPad or other streaming device. They had two flat screen TVs in the "main room", and that common area was really fantastic. You can also order hot tubs to the lodge (which we did) and enjoy them after a long day on the mountain. Our group didn't even go out to the bars much - we mostly cracked open a cold beer and sat in the common room playing board games or Jenga, while watching college basketball & playing music.
Minor issue 1 is when the dawn broke the room was very bright. Again, minor, since most people are headed to the mountain early, but I went to the mountain around 9 and was up by 7. Wished I brought a sleeping mask.
Minor issue 2 is the walls are a bit thin. I could hear someone coughing the night away in another room. My iPhone had a "white noise generator" (its in the music store) which solved that for me on the first night. So I do agree if you have a loud neighbor, that might be an issue.
Minor issue 3 is I went to the game room to play pool, only to find all the tips of the pool sticks were broken. But they had a very nice foosball table and a poker table too. I spoke to the people at the desk about the pool sticks, who told me that the group from the last weekend broke them, and that replacements were on the way.
I liked the continental breakfast (bagels, muffins, etc) with cereals (raisin bran, cheerios and something else), oatmeal, coffee, orange juice, apples and bananas. Its not fancy, but they serve it from 8am to 10am. In my humble opinion they probably should consider 7am to 10am, only because a lot of people who want to get a jump on the mountain might want to grab something and head up there early.
Most of my points are quibbling points and if I do go back there in the future, i'd just remember to bring my own pool stick and sleeping mask. I have been to 5 star hotels and "low" star hostels all over the world - unless you are a snob or have a chip on your shoulder you should really like there. After leaving I was extremely happy our group chose this hotel.
I think this is a great option for big groups who are planning group vacations to Killington.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 3 miles from Killington Ski Resort and overlooking the fairway of Vermont’s #1 voted golf course, this country inn has everything you could hope for in your Vermont vacation. Completely renovated in the summer of 2011, this 30 room inn is ideal for anyone seeking a family, golfing or skiing vacation or attending a destination wedding. This larger than life up-style country farmhouse is finished with wide, white pine flooring in the guest rooms and great room with natural stone tile in the foyer and private bathrooms. The handmade natural wood touches add to its’ unique ambience. The great room where the complimentary continental breakfast will be served daily features a beautiful fieldstone fireplace, endless windows to let in the natural light, a big screen television and cozy sitting groups for guest enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Trailside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beattie`s Trailside Hotel Killington
- The Trailside Inn Killington, Vermont