“Nice and spacious condo” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Highridge Condominiums

Highridge Condominiums
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
“Nice and spacious condo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed for six day President's day week at Highridge, unit B-17 and were pleasantly surprised how big and nice the unit was! The living room and the master bed room even had a excellent view of the Killington ski area.
It was a 2 bedroom 3 bathroom unit. It included a sauna and 2 person hot tub which was really pleasant after a day of skiing!
There is a bus from the Highridge to Killington ski area that did run every 15min so sometimes you have to wait for up to 15min until the bus arrives. The ski home trail is VERY FLAT, more like cross-country skiing, so it actually easier to the bus from the ski resort back to the condos. Because of this, it takes too much time to return the condo for lunch but there are enough places to eat at the ski resort (although quite expensive).

Service was good, we received fresh towel every day (there is no cleaning of the condos during your stay).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rennsemmi

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was our return visit to Highridge, after last year's disappointing stay (see previous review). Although we stayed at a different building this time, I would like to mention that I was contacted by new owners of A-16, who assured me that there has been a lot of improvement since my last review. I do believe the repairs made will greatly improve the stay at that unit, the heater was replaced, and new shower installed, along with other renovations.

This trip, however, we stayed in a larger 4-br unit, in Q building. It has exceeded our expectations. The unit was gorgeous, and spacious, and comfortable for our large crew. The building is off the beaten path (don't miss your turn in!), very quiet, and the view of the mountain was spectacular. We could see each trail on the mountain, and discuss the day's skiing by pointing out the window at them, instead of a map )))
Each of the bedrooms had something different to offer (basement bedroom had a large sitting area with fireplace, main level bedroom had a jacuzzi tub, upstairs one had a king size bed, another - a small sauna), each bedroom has a separate bathroom, plus a half-bath on the main level by the entrance. Laundry and dryer. Well-stocked with toasters and utensils kitchen. We could not find the dvd remotes, but managed to use our phones for that. The skylights in many rooms, and a balcony. It was fabulous, and we admired the unit each day, as it was slowly becoming our home away from home (we stayed 11 nights). Kids loved it, adults loved it, pizza delivery probably not so much, as it was easy to miss in the dark LOL. We could see our building on a clear day from Superstar trail. We will be back! Outstanding unit. Daily towel change, but we tried to save the planet, and not replace them so often ))).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Reading, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at Highridge Condos during our children's February break. We arrived Monday early evening and checked out on Thursday morning. Our primary reason for this trip was to ski at Killington.

The condo unit was very clean and decor was up to date. Our unit, D2, is a two bedroom unit. We've stayed in more spacious condos before, but this one still had plenty of room for the five of us. The master bedroom had a king size bed that was slightly too big for the room, but very comfortable. Our three children shared the other bedroom which has bunk beds and an over sized chair that pulled out for sleeping (it didn't seem quite as big as a twin bed, but it was plenty big enough for my eight year old). The second bedroom has it's own bathroom.

The kitchen was stocked well enough, and the living and dining spaces gave us room to eat and relax. We did have some trouble getting the washer/dryer to work. After several unsuccessful attempts at pressing buttons, making sure the power was connected, and a call to the front desk it mysteriously turned on. So, crisis averted, as we really needed clean neck gaiters for skiing the next day! The only other technical issue we had was the whirlpool tub in the master bathroom. The stopper doesn't work and so the tub wouldn't hold water. Not a major issue, just a minor disappointment for me as I wanted to indulge a little.

We always pay attention to the noise level when we stay in any condo unit or hotel room. This one was no exception. We've found that side by side units tend to have less noise, but those are harder to find. Highridge is a three level complex, and unit D2 is on the second floor. We could hear the people above us walking around occasionally, but fortunately they weren't too noisy and didn't stay up late into the night. It didn't adversely effect our stay. We did feel we had to remind our eight year old not to run around a few times, because we didn't want to disturb the people below us. But to be fair, this is true at just about any condo unit at any ski resort (that we've stayed in). Some may be slightly better then others, but unless you're willing to splurge for top of the line you're probably going to be dealing with some amount of noise from other units.

Other nice features to staying at Highridge included: A short two minute walk to the fitness center where there is an indoor pool and an outdoor hot tub. The pool was too cool for my husband and I (but not the kids), however we enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub. There is daily free shuttle service to Killington which is about a mile away. Fortunately we could see the shuttle go by from our unit, so we could gauge how much time we had to get outside to catch the next one (every 15 minutes during vacation weeks and weekends, every 30 minutes non-peak).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carolyn J
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed at Highridge in early January for four nights - Sun thru Thursday. Unit A13 has 1 bed / bath on the main floor and 1 bed / bath on the lower floor. There is also a pull-out couch on the main floor along with a fully stocked kitchen. Lower floor bath had a dry sauna. Unit also has a stacked washer / dryer. There is a great view of the mountain from this unit. It does have a small deck with two chairs.

There was only my son and I on this trip so we had lots of space to spread out. The unit was well maintained and very clean. Wood supply for fireplace was near entrance to building. Only complaint was the main living area had no heat but starting a fire solved that problem at night but mornings were chilly. Bed and bath areas did have heat. Beds were very comfortable.

Killington has a shuttle bus service that stops near the building. It runs every 15 minutes and takes about 10 minutes to get to Snowshed. There is also a indoor pool on the property. In summer you could probably walk but we decided to drive due to the cold weather and icy roads.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank stormbridge
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Excellent location with frequent shuttle service to snowshed lodge. We did the ski home trail one afternoon which was a lot of fun, but exhausting -- more like cross country skiing. Enjoyed the outdoor hot tub at the rec center and then into the sauna to warm up. E15 is showing its age but was clean and well maintained. It worked great with two teenage children as they had twin beds in the loft. This unit also has a private sauna. Great family vacation.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sharao1225
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

This week may be the fourth time we have stayed with this rental group in the KIllington ski valley area.
Clean and well kept up condos.
I cannot sat the health club was as good this time as in the past. May be because they are nearing the end of the season. It seemed a little run down at the heels. There was a huge amount of soapy bubble in the hot tub. May have been pranksters. I could not get my door combination to work and had to be let in.
Still, we got a discount because it was mid March and it was a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for alphabetical numbers higher up (like HIJ) and you will be closer to the health club/pool/spa...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

We had stayed at Highridge many times before, and I always had given high praise and wrote good reviews. I am also not giving up and will travel there again next year. But I have to say - unit A-16 at Highridge was far below par, compared to similarly priced ski resorts, and even to other unins in the Condominium complex we've stayed.
I will mention right away that the managers of Killington lodging, particularly Mark and Tami, were very courteous, and attentive to our pleas; some of the condo's issues that could be fixed during our stay were addressed, and we have reached some agreement as far as compensation for our troubles.

However, the unit has very many issues to correct, before it can be rented for the price we paid. In fact, if I had been running a hotel, I would be embarrassed to let my guests stay at a place like that.
There were six of us, including a senior, a four-year old and a baby, so moving to another unit - if it became available after the busy MLK weekend that happened to be in the middle of our stay, would be a lot of trouble (if you have ever travelled with a child and a baby, you know how much is involved). We had to bite the bullet, but it meant - we had not have a decent night of sleep in the 10 days of our stay there. We kept trying to move around to see how we can be most comfortable, moved beds to accomodate for the crib, etc.
There are three bedrooms, three baths, which is what we needed for our family members configuration. But everywhere there was a problem, and in the end, no one was comfortable, and I felt bad too - I had booked Highridge for us, bragging about our previous great experiences.

The basement (dungeon) bedroom, is located at the bottom of a narrow flight of stairs, and had the coldest bathroom ever. Seriously, the floor was like ice, and the air - not much different from outside freeze. The only way to have it warmer is to keep the door open to it, BUT then the water heater ("conveniently" located behind a thin wall next to the head of the bed) will scare the beegeebers out of you at odd hours of the night. It starts up randomely, and sounds like a helicopter landing in your room, which is not the best sound at all, especially at 1, 3, or 5 AM. And especially when the baby is sleeping in that room as well. The bedroom istelf is heated by a heating unit, not central ac, and thus has strange pockets of cold and scolding air around the area. There is no humidifier, so the air got so dry, your nose will crack on the inside. My solution was to pile up used towels in front of the heating unit (where it blew really hot air in one direction only), and water those well. i repeated that procedure several time during the day, and at night (when I was up anyway for the helicopter fun), and that helped. The tub was an odd shape: warped on the bottom in the middle - like a hill - so we kept sliding to the edges while standing on slippery surface. The tile was cracked on the wall because of a dangerous sliding glass door fixture. It looked like someone had slammed it previously into the wall, and the piece of tile broke off, leaving a hole with sharp edges (easy reach for kids).
Upstairs tubs were very dirty upon arrival. The water would not drain, but raise clumps of hair up into the tub, to amuse the bather. The bathrooms were cleaned, and clumps removed, after we complained to the management. One of the three tubs had a hand-held shower, which is odd - try to wash yourself and your hair with one hand while holding shower head in the other. We were told that was an "owner-selected" feature. But - there is no way to hook that shower to the wall, it just lays in the tub. It would only take a shower hook to get that better.
Out of four TVs, only the one in the living room was showing something. Later, TVs in two more bedrooms were hooked up to work, but the "dungeon" remained room tv is "VCR-only", which is odd as well.
The carpet everywhere in the room felt filthy upon arrival. As if it has not been even vacuumed in preparation. The carped was cleaned when the bathrooms were, as well, but the dirty look remained. It was hard to put my kids down on it, esecially a 9-mo old, who is learning to crawl and walk.
There are cracks in walls, and chipped paint. Also, in guest's closets we found buckets of construction materials - plaster, paint, etc, as well as tools (not safe IMO). These items should have been locked in the owners closet, but as it was, we even had a visit from a construction guy, who wanted his bucket of something back.

But wait! Although there were more minor problems and issues, let me say a GOOD thing about the unit. The view. It was of the whole ski area, and we watched beautiful mountain out of thewindow. The kitchen stuff worked fine, for the most part (toaster can be replaced with a working one, and potholders added). It is conveniently located close to the mountain, and you can either drive yourself there, or take The Bus, which is super-easy.

We did not enjoy the unit this time. First thing on vacation - I was not prepared to clean bathrooms, deal with problems, move furniture, hide construction equipment, spend sleepless nights listening to loud noises (oh, you can also hear well anyone upstairs or on the side of you), etc, etc,etc. I hate to complain, but I had to do it. I am glad the managers were nice about it too.

We will return next year to Highridge, but to a different unit. The managers had assured me that they will work with me at the time of our next booking, so we can select the right place for us.
I apologize for any spelling mistakes, but I have two kids tugging on my clothes :-)

See my previous review of Highridge, titled “4th time at Highridge, a great vacation, as usual”

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank L-Bolek
Henry D, Owner at Highridge Condominiums, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
As the new owner of A-16 I would like to respond to this review as the follow-up review is not proinent nor detailed enough with respect to the headline review. When we purchased this unit, we were unaware of this issue with the heater. The issue did not get caught in the inspection either. We have since replaced the unit with a super high capacity, highly efficient unit which is very quiet. The carpet was also replaced prior to our purchase. Since our closing, all of the construction materials have been cleaned up, walls patched and paint redone in a number of places. While I would consider these minor issues I do understand guests expectations when renting a premium unit. We have added humidifiers, replaced the living room chairs, outside chairs and cocktail table, added 2 Blu-Ray players, glassware, cookware and gotten all 4 TVs to work properly. We also added new beds in one of the bedrooms. To call the bedroom basement a dungeon is harsh. It is spacious, bright and has beautiful mountain views. Regarding the cleaning, that is a KRV cleaning issue and not at all the owners responsibility. We are required to use them as well. As we use the unit regularly we plan to keep it well maintained and will continue to update it so that it meets our own standards. Note that the unit was recently re-assessed by the rental agency and given their highest grade. Hopefully that is reflective of our efforts. We hope future renters enjoy it as much as we do.