“Good Solid Breakfast, Fun Place”
Review of Wally's American Grill - CLOSED

Wally's American Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stopped in for breakfast, had French toast, home fries, sausages and coffee. Plenty of thick, richly coated and cooked French toast with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Home fries plentiful and tasty. Didn't need more than a piece of fruit for lunch. Everything on the plate was a la carte (even the maple syrup - in VT yet), so the total bill was a little more than expected, but considering the hearty amount of food, no real complaints - it's in a resort town, after all. Server was friendly and attentive - can't ask for more than that.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

The breakfast was huge and very good and our server was great. She was the only one working and it was busy but she was attentive and never lost her cool. Which is good as she is studding to be a nurse so her patience will pay off. good for her.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is the first time we've had breakfast where the OJs are really made in front of you, freshly squeezed...amazing...my kids loved it...The food taste real! The eggs, bacon and pancakes all taste homemade actually a lot better than I cooked them myself... We've tried breakfast in fancy and expensive hotels but this is the best! We've had mimosa and screwdriver as well and it was very good....They were short staffed that day too and we had to wait....but they tried their best to accommodate us as best as they can and our server was very nice... it was worth it or was that the mimosa and the screwdriver talking....lol...It was a fun breakfast!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had a very good breakfast. It was a cute place that was a comfortable place to be. The service was ver good and we had a good breakfast.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Used to be the go to place for Brunch. Hands down the best "I got a hangover and I need me some fried goodness" kind of place. There was always a line but it was worth holding your green self up to make it all go away. Then as you sit down you watch this crazy orange machine thing that would send oranges around the 50's diner inspired room that would make you think that the hair of the dog (they have a full bar) might be the thing you need to go with your omelette. Now, its painful to go into the place. The decor is dated and sagging, the food is made with no love, 1/2 time the orange contraption doesn't work, and the wait time for a "diner" is just silly. Family place sure. But the kids will be ready to kill the deer out back by the time they sit down as they are just that hungry and tired. Don't get me wrong, it is fine. And the staff look like they are hustling, but it can be just too long for a diner. I don't get it. I still come in, and I'll wait....while myself and strangers try not to kill each other over the slow to open tables. I'll have to usher myself to a table and get my own menus and wait to hail down a staff member to get my order, and it's okay. I have hope, and I remember. You'll come back. I'll keep coming back. Someday you and I will be reunited and I'll come back to Tripadvisor and just glow about you!