“Affordable Ski Accomondations”

Val Roc Motel
Val Roc Motel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Had a great stay here. Needed to attend a 5 day 6 night Ski Instructor event at Killington
this past week when they received about 3 feet of new snow in as many days. The room
was clean, quiet and private , unlike other choices that were in my price range.
The hot tub helped with sore legs. The guy who answers the phone is the owner and is able
to make on the spot decisions and gave me a break for 5 + nights which really helped with my budget. I would stay here again, very pleasant.
Linda

Room Tip: Bring a warm bathrobe ( with bathing suit) and slippers as the you need to go outside to get into th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Val Roc Motel

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have stayed at the Val Roc Motel many times. The surroundings are amazing. The location is the best for skiing, boating, hiking and relaxing. The owners are very hospitable and really make you feel comfortable. I recommend the Val Roc for anyone who wants to get away from the busy city and see the most beautiful place on the East Coast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ilissa M
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Great owners who care about your experience, perfect location (close to skiing) and overall great experience. The rooms are clean and have the basics needed when you return from a day of skiing and want to relax - a refrigerator, microwave and comfortable beds.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Val Roc between Christmas and New Years. We simply had a wonderful experience, the rooms were clean and we had everything that we needed. The owner Dan was extremely hospitable and had great knowledge of the Killington area. We really enjoyed the hot tub, it was clean and was great way to end a day of skiing. It was our first time to Killington, but it surely will not be our last and we will most certainly be staying at the Val Roc during our future visits.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stay at the Val Roc Motel for all my trips to Killington. It's clean, quiet, has a refrigerator and Microwave and is very spacious. I feel very comfortable and it's my home away from home.
The hotel is reasonably priced for the location and spacious rooms.
I think it's a great place for skiing since it's close to bear as well as visiting in the summer

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My Wife and I drove two hours to Killington on short notice in the middle of
Christmas crowds. We were most pleased to find Val Roc Motel with a reasonable
rate at Peak time. $152 night with taxes etc.

We did not have to fight the crowds on the access road.

The skyship base is only 1/4 mile away and day two we drove to the base of Bear Mountain
which is about 5 minutes. No traffic tie ups and close up parking was a good benefit to us by staying at Val Roc.. Got in some decent skiing considering the mountain had 6 days of rain last week. Dined at nearby restaurants, Back Behind Saloon and Corners Inn.

The room was basic but clean, all we needed to ski and eat out. The Hot tub was a good
bonus. Queen Bed was comfortable and we had two good nights sleep. Would stay there
again and plan to do so later this 2014 ski season.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My family stayed at the Val Roc Motel for a ski trip last week. We were traveling with friends who have called Val Roc their Killington "home" for many years. We had seen Trip Advisor comments before heading up but we trusted our friends' judgment.

The room had plenty of space for our family of 4 and all of our gear. We found the room was clean and well equipped. There is a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The outdoor Hot Tub was a blast, but I couldn't get the kids out of it to go to dinner. It takes about a minute to get to the skyeship gondola from Val Roc, and 20-30 minutes to Okemo Mountain. We will stay here again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kathleenbyh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
Killington Grand Resort Hotel
Killington Mountain Lodge
Killington Mountain Lodge
#4 of 13 in Killington

Been to Val Roc Motel? Share your experiences!