“Wonderful, quaint ski lodge”

Mountain Sports Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Killington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2008

I stayed here on a three-day weekend with a group of 8 20-something skiers, and it was exactly what we were looking for. The rooms were simple and clean but very roomy, especially for four people in each.
The lodge is very cosy, with a nice living room area. The gym is quite small and basic, just a few machines, as are the hot tub and sauna. Still, for the price they offer, you can't expect much more. They also offer a very good breakfast every morning, have a large ski storage room, and are just a minutes-long drive from the slopes and local restaurants and bars.
If you're looking for something affordable, this is definitely the place to go.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank traveler917
There are newer reviews for Mountain Sports Inn

Reviewed 29 March 2008

The Mountain Sports Inn is really skiiers and travelers inn, simple and nicely kept up. The owner and staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was plain but clean, the bedding was fine and the towels were hardy enough to rub up a reasonable glow after a shower. They are very friendly at breakfast and will pretty much provide you with whatever you like. Expect it to be good but not amazing. They have a nice "living room" area to hang out in if you or the kids want to get out of the room.

If you are uncomfortable in less than fancy lodging you might not be impressed. I was very happy there, and even happier to save some money to spend on skiing and dining.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2008

When my husband and I were looking for a place to ski & stay we wanted something a bit rustic yet comfortable. This pretty much fit the bill. The rooms are plain but clean. Our room had a beautiful view out to the woods. I am not a super clean freak, but after reading some of the reviews I decided to bring my own comfortor and pillows and I am very glad I did. The beds are super uncomfortable, and we used extra bedding to put under the mattress saver because otherwise I could feel the bed springs!! ah!!
The breakfast is very good. (O, one small note....if you have any sort of emergency after 7:00 PM, there is absolutely no service until morning....like a runny toilet for example) There isn't a fridge but I brought a cooler and kept it out in the car...all my food stayed cold. Also, if you aren't sure if you should take the trip in your SUV or smaller car to save gas, choose the SUV because everything is iced here!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2008

I stayed at the Mountain Sports Inn this past weekend with a few of my friends for a "girls ski getaway". We booked through the Killington visitors site and got a package deal with ski lessons, etc. Overall, the stay was pleasant. The rooms, as others have mentioned, are very simple rooms, a little outdated we thought, but cozy enough. At night, it got a little cold even with the heater going. The bathroom was big enough for 3 to use and the shower had pretty good pressure, although the water temp. tended to get lukewarm by the end on occasion.

The staff was very friendly and always welcoming. We enjoyed the morning breakfast in which the staff actually made to order breakfast of your choice from the menu. Location was convenient -just down the road from the restaurants, bars, and slopes.

One thing to mention is that "The Bus" that is supposed to be a free shuttle up and down Killington Road does NOT pick up at the Inn and we would have to walk next door to the Comfort Inn to pick it up. Not that things are far, but we hadn't planned on driving everywhere.

Overall, if you are looking for a clean, welcoming, cozy place to stay the Mountain Sports Inn is a good value.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2007

I stayed here Dec 8, 2007 for one night. The room is pretty basic with a double bed, tv, coffee table and stand up shower. The bathroom was clean, but the shower was lukewarm. The walls are INCREDIBLY THIN. I could hear people next door having a conversation and all night long people trudging up and down the stairs. A friend of mine in another room plugged in her hair dryer and blew the circuit for the whole entire room. There is only a radiator in the room that you can't control the thermostat--it was a little cold even though we added extra blankets. I'm not a light sleeper, but had a difficult time getting a good nights sleep with all the noise and people up at wee hours to get out to the slopes. Breakfast was pretty good with bagels, danishes cereal and coffee. For $80 bucks a night it wasn't too bad, but I'd rather stay farther away in rutland for a better nights sleep. 9 mile drive is totally worth the extra wink eye.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skyjenny
Reviewed 15 March 2007

Four of us stayed here in early March 2007. If you are new to Killington, don't get confused by the assortment of lodging options that contain both the words "mountain" and "inn."

I had a good overall experience staying here. The rooms are basic, but clean. I took a couple pics of the bathroom (see attached). Four of us shared a room, and we had enough space for all our stuff (luggage, ski clothes, etc). My only real complaint are the thin walls...I woke up a couple times to the voice of people walking down the hallway (or maybe it was the next room?). A minor point was that the t.v. seemed very old (but who goes to VT to watch t.v.!). Even with those negatives, I'd still stay here again. The staff are very friendly, the lobby is nice (big couches, a fireplace, big screen...very cozy), the hottub is nice and well kept. They serve breakfast and it is good. They have some continental breakfast stuff and are also happy to make you french toast, pancakes, eggs, or bacon (or any combination thereof). Good coffee and orange juice. The view is nice at breakfast...you can see the woods behind the Inn and they have a bird/squirel feeder. Very pretty in VT!

They have a nice sized storage room to store your skis/board/whatever. We left our luggage in there on our last day so we could hit the slopes again after checking out. And yes this place is located near the slopes. The shuttle will pick you up at the Comfort Inn next door, or you could always drive to the slopes.

Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank NthanNewJersey
Reviewed 1 December 2006

The Mountain Sports Inn Staff makes you feel like you are at home at all times. I have stayed there a number of times and always have received great service. Now you need to know there is a newly added portion of the hotel along with the older portion. I have stayed in both and encountered no problems. The room, sana, and hot tub where kept very clean and the owner is almost always on the premisses making sure that you are happy. At night is has been quit and free of any loud noise. The Breakfast in the morning is very well done. If you want to relax out of your room the rec room is newly renovated with a big screen TV with a DVD player with your choice of DVDs or bring your own along with cable TV. They also have board games, in this area. I have never felt more comfortable in a hotel setting then the Mountain Sports Inn.

Neg...
I think the workout area should be updated.
Everything else is perfect!!!

JMB

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gtlover98
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
Killington Motel
Killington Motel
#2 of 13 in Killington
Killington Grand Resort Hotel

Been to Mountain Sports Inn? Share your experiences!