“Loved the place - Felt like home”

Mountain Sports Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Killington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Stayed over the Columbus Day Weekend. They had the best price I could find in town. I wasn't expecting much because of the price. My boyfriend and I simply loved the place. It was very home-like. The staff was very friendly. They helped us with recommendations on dinner, a hike, and some sight seeing. The owner and his staff are very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. it was exactly what we were looking for and more.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Mountain Sports Inn

Reviewed 14 October 2009

First of all, they charged additional 8 bucks if you booked through their own website. And to make things worse, they didn't clearly specify the charge in the summary of the booking unless you looked very carefully at a weird note place in the webpage. I am not sure why some of the previous reviewers claim the staff is friendly. We arrived Sunday night around 8pm and there was a woman standing in front of the counter talking with the receptionist guy while I was literally standing there for 2 minutes. The receptionist didn't greet me at all and nor did he apologize for the unnecessary delay after the woman left. We booked a premium room and it turned out to be a very plain normal room with only a small TV. The heat was working well though, I had to admit that. The breakfast was very tasteless so don't expect too much if you consider this a factor. For more than $100/night, you deserve some place better.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2009

Bob and the staff made our stay excellent - from the booking of the room all through the stay. We brought a group of six couples to the Inn for an overnight couples retreat. All in all, the rooms were just what we expected. We hope to be able to visit/stay in the future. Thank you again, Bob!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2009

Based on my positive experience last year, I once again stayed at the Mountain Sport Inn Like last year, I was treated to exceptional service and clean comfortable accommodations. The owner Bob and staff were exceptional in their attention to customer service and made every effort to make my stay a pleasant one. Who gives of his time and knowledge freely and will leave no stone unturned to make your stay perfect. This year we took the deluxe suite. It was beautiful it’s a more like a house then a suite with 3 bedroom 2 ½ baths full kitchen, dining room, and living room with fireplace. It was nice to have the whole family in one rental then in separate rooms. The price is really reasonable. We will be back again next year.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank SnugglesBristol_CT
Reviewed 25 September 2009

In real estate they say location,location, location is everything --- Mtn Spts Inn has this covered. Add, friendly, friendly, friendly and again Mtn Spts Inn has this covered.
This is not a "cookie cutter" chain facility --- it is a family owned and managed Inn with clean, comfortable rooms and facilities looked after by a low key staff who are locals with a great attitude and helpfulness in making a Vermont stay a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Our family will definitely be staying here on future trips to the area if available.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2009

Killington is one of my favorite mountains to ski at and I stay at the Mountain Sports Inn a lot over the winter. One morning at breakfast over last winter Bob, the owner, and I were chatting about mountain biking and he suggested coming back up in the fall to ride the mountain. What a GREAT trip! As always the staff were friendly and very helpful. One of my favorite things is the living room with a big screen TV, large comfy sectional sofa, dining room table, and wood burning stove. I continue to go back because it feels like my home away from home it's quaint, cozy, friendly and inviting. You can't beat the price & location, on the Killington access road.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 12 September 2009

I have just spent a week at the Mountain Sports Inn located in Killington, Vermont. Needless to say, the area is just beautiful and the Inn is situated on the Killington Ski Access Road. The owner Bob could not have been more helpful and cordial. The people who work with him were great. It is a wonderful, comfortable, reasonable place to stay situated in the heart of the Killington Area. I would strongly recommend the Inn to anyone and look forward to returning to my home in Vermont and again staying at the Inn. The congeniality, cleanliness of the place, beauty of the surroundings and family atmosphere is hard to beat. Thanks to Bob and his Staff for making my stay memorable. Michael Foley

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
Killington Motel
Killington Motel
#2 of 13 in Killington
Killington Grand Resort Hotel

Been to Mountain Sports Inn? Share your experiences!