“THE LAST PLACE I would recommend” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mountain Inn

The Mountain Inn
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Sofia, Bulgaria
“THE LAST PLACE I would recommend”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

The "hotel' is mostly a lodge. There is absolutely no privacy: when your neighbour opens his door you have the feeling he is entering your room. The so-called "deluxe suite" didn't even had a sink in the bathroom. The sink is in the other side of the room. The bathroom is not clean, the receptionist the first night was more than unfriendly. Breakfast is poor but at least the guy there is friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Savina K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Please read all the posts staying how dated, dirty, small and poorly run this hotel is. We paid far too much for a sunken mattress, one sink far away from the toilet in the basement. I would NEVER recommend this place. We'd be more comfortable in the car. Keep looking for better accommodations.

Stayed March 2014
4 Thank jb76orange

Travellers are raving about these Killington hotels

Goderich, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I should have paid closer attention to the previous posts and taken them seriously. It does happen that people post quite harsh reviews which sometimes make the location seem worse than it is. For me, the previous reviews were very accurate, and I should have taken them seriously. I can say that the location was nice. It is close to the slopes, but not close enough to walk to the ski lift, so if we were going to take a shuttle anyway, I would have preferred to stay further from the hill, and stay in a better hotel. The staff seemed nice, but that is about all I can say for this hotel. For the price, I knew it wouldn't be a 5 star resort, but its not cheap enough to justify the state of things in this hotel. The conditions are poor. This is more like someones old fishing lodge, than a hotel.

Decor - shabby.
Room - drafty (COLD), dark and musty, could not consistently get the water hot enough in the shower. I was tempted not to take my boots off in the room as the carpet seemed sketchy. The bed was fine.
Restaurant - only had the breakfast, and it was ok, but I would have rather bought some yogurt and granola bars and kept them in my room
The hotel was very noisy at night. Some previous posters said this too, so I brought earplugs, but I was still awakened in the night by other patrons. Also, no elevator, so be prepared to carry your suitcase.

In the end, I would pay the extra money and go to a different hotel. For me, this was just too 'rustic'. The price of this hotel was extremely high for what it offered. If I could pick a price to pay for this, I would say maybe $70/night.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tellulaB
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

The hotel is very dated, rooms small and unappealing even though we were apparently given a "nicer" one of the rooms on the higher floor. The pool area is only open from 330-7. There are cameras and even audio recorders all over the hotel. Made me feel like I was in a fishbowl after the front desk agent admitted to me he was specifically watching my friend and I in the hallways, coming and leaving. He then told me about how he calls the police on people if you have more people in your party than you pay for and it is capped at 4 (we paid for 4, we only had 4). So it was a little bit of a strange experience for a not very comfortable or nicely decorated hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank dbossman
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Visited in December before the busy ski season. Our room was comfortable but certainly a bit on the older side. The staff is super helpful and friendly. Breakfast was fine with an assortment of breads, cereals, juice and coffee. I believe during ski season they cook eggs etc... Yes, you can hear your neighbors but this is not a five star hotel. They also have a heated jacuzzi downstairs but we did not use it. I'd definitely go back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I nave stayed at the Mountain Inn many more times. The surroundings are amazing. The location is the best for skiing, hiking and relaxing. The staff was very hospitable and really make you feel comfortable, restaurant is also good I enjoy food.There was a bar lounge too. The rooms are clean and have a basics needed when you return from a day of skiing. I recomend The Mountain Inn for any one who wants to get away from the busy city and see the most beautiful place. Overall great experience..

Room Tip: rooms with fire place
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank vinceat
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

What you have read about The Mountain Inn is largely correct. The location cannot be beat. This is a classic ski lodge so don't expect five star accommodations. The staff is very friendly and really helpful. The bar is a really big plus also. The bar restaurant is connected to but not affiliated with the hotel. We caught two great acts at the bar all for free (no cover no minimum). We were four adults in a first floor room so quite cramped. Others we were with had a similar third floor room that was much larger so make sure to request this when making reservations. The rooms are a bit aged but there was always plenty of hot water and the shower refreshing. Some of our party also really enjoyed the heated outdoor pool and sauna. Breakfast leaves a bit to be desired. Will definitely be returning as price and location are well worth the few minor issues.

Room Tip: Ask for larger room on upper floors. Not all are the same size.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family