“Fantastic Little Inn”
Review of Greenbrier Inn

Greenbrier Inn
Ranked #8 of 14 Killington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 January 2009

My husband and I visited the Killington area for a long weekend ski trip. Greenbrier Inn is very close to the Killington ski area as well as the shops, restaurants and stores. We arrived a little early and early check in was no problem. Steve introduced himself to us told us a little about the mountain, how to get our ski passes and recommended local restaurants.

Everyone at the Inn was incredibly hospitable and friendly. We absolutely loved it. The room was very large, the bed was comfortable and warm. There is free WiFi but connection is very weak in the rooms. Each room has a small fridge and free bottled water.

The continental breakfast has simple cereal options including oatmeal, with coffee, tea or hot chocolate. You may want to notify them of dietary needs ahead of time as they only offered milk (no soy).

We spent a good portion of our day out on the mountain skiing. It was great to come back to the Inn for some hot chocolate next to the fire!

We plan to visit Killington again and will definitely stay at Greenbrier the next time as well.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilangel4228
There are newer reviews for Greenbrier Inn

Reviewed 29 December 2008

I just came back from skiing at Killington and I just had to write a review for this place! This place is small, but in a really good way. It's cosy, personal, and the owners are such nice and warm people! The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, and we have no complaints. I do wish they had a little more selection for their free breakfast, but it's not really such a big deal (hey, it's free anyway)
Did I mention that Greenbrier is really near the Killington ski lodge? (a very short drive away)

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank taniamnor
Reviewed 26 July 2008

The Greenbrier was probably my wife and I's best hotel experience. The service was unbelievable as well as the location and scenery. They went out of their way to get you anything that you needed. It was a great mix between a bed and breakfast and a quaint hotel. They do an excellent job of prodiving a wonderful overall expereince. And they are only a few miles from the mountain. If we go back this is the only place we are looking to stay.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2008

Stayed here between Feb 28th to March 1st.

Must say the owners were great. We initially payed for 5 nights and once we got to Killington we got such great snow conditions that we decided 3 nights in Killington is enough. We talked to Steve, the owner, and he was completely fine with giving us back our money for the 2 nights that we payed in advance. We got the money back via our credit card a few days after our stay.

Now for a more general review..:
Following the good reviews Me and my friend booked this place from Israel.
We just called and booked.
When we arrived we were amazed by the room which was much more than we expected. The place is a 5 minute drive from the slopes and all the restaurants and shops.
The central Killington Information place is right accross the street. Nice clean rooms, great cabin feel and good service all around made our stay that much better.Free internet and free bottled water in the rooms as well.
Renting a car is very recomended in Killington. And if you do rent this is the place to stay. Even with the shuttles I'm sure you'll be fine.
Thanks Otto, Steve and Ashley :)

Guy and Idan,
Tel Aviv, Israel.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2008

When I first entered the Greenbrier Inn I was captivated by the smell. A scent of pine with a hint of cinnammon that matched perfectly with the place. Out from the cold, a wam smile greeted us upon entering. Otto, the owner/manager who is always there for his guests, showed us to our room and helped us with the luggage.
The whole building was decorated as a cabin, with a lot of wood and warm colors. The room was spacious, with a bed, a sofa, a table with a couple of chairs, a small refrigerator and the usual TV furniture. We were lucky to stay in the first floor and our room had a door that let us play with the snow right outside.
In the morning, Steve served the continental breakfast. As Otto, Steve went out of his way to make the guests feel at home.
The Greenbrier Inn had a gift shop that looked like nothing I had seen in my life. More than a gift shop, it is a place with exquisite merchandise. It was almost as big and warmly decorated as the Inn.
The Ski area is just 5 miles away from the Inn. Most of the restaurants and pubs are within that same distance. There is a market across the street where the traveler can find anything from bread to wine.
I will definetively stay in the Greenbrier whenever I go back to Killington. Just the way Otto, Steve and Jen treat their guests is more than enough reason. Add to that the comfortable room and hotel, the location and the smell and it makes it the only place where I would like to stay. BTW, I brought the smell back home.. they sell it at the Gift shop :)

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2007

My husband and I spent a long weekend in Killington. The Greenbrier Inn was clean, comfortable, and convenient, though dated.

STRENGTHS:
- Excellent customer service
- Great location, 5 min from Killington ski area and 5 min from multiple restaurant options
- Backyard connects to Appalachian trial and the inn has several sets of snowshoes you can borrow to hike along the trial (MUST DO!!!!!)
- Quaint store with trinkets and souvenirs attached out front
- Ample parking

WEAKNESSES:
- Dated decor in rooms (bedding, wallpaper, etc.)
- Toilets needed update
- Water in bathroom tasted very metallic

Stayed: February 2005
Reviewed 19 March 2007

My girlfriend and I come up to Killington 2-4 times each winter to ski and we always stay at the Greenbrier Inn. It's centrally located, quiet, clean and homey. Otto and Steve are the best at helping out in any way they can to make our stay pleasant. I would recommend this place to anyone. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple