“My favorite thing about Killington!!!”
Review of Chalet Killington

Chalet Killington
Midland Park, New Jersey
“My favorite thing about Killington!!!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have been going to the Chalet every year for the last 5 years. My friend highly recommended that we stay there for our group trip since he enjoyed it so much the previous year. The last couple of years I started to do two trips a year to Chalet Killington. One trip with my girlfriend and then another trip with some friends of mine for a guys weekend. The owner Dave is so friendly and very helpful while you are there. Dave's son works in the restaurant in the morning and is very nice while providing the complimentary breakfast. The complementary breakfast is awesome no matter what you get (pancakes, eggs, and etc). Baja Burrito is the restaurant inside the Chalet and its our favorite place to hangout and relax after a long day of snowboarding. I didn't see Norm this year, but Norm and Brandon are great bartenders and they are very friendly as well. You have to try the Goombay -- they're amazing. The food is great at Baja and reasonably priced. If you decide to order a burrito during happy hour they are half off which is a great deal. I met Wishbone for the first time this year when we checked in after getting there late at night. He was very friendly and helpful. The place just makes you feel like you're at home, whether you are hanging out in Baja Burrito, relaxing in the living room area with the couches and fireplace watching tv, or enjoying the hot tub/pool area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank J153

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We recently stayed for a few days for a ski trip to Killington mountain. I read the reviews here and thought it would be a great place to book. I made sure to look at the pictures people posted, and it seemed clean. The room I had received was so run down, the mini fridge was gross with stains all over it, the ceiling had brown spots everywhere. Breakfast was good, just like everyone else said. The beds were so old, that even after a long day of skiing, it was hard to sleep. Place also smells strange. People who worked there were extremely friendly. Would never return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ballston Lake, New York
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed for a week and had a great time. The breakfasts are superb. Our room had new beds and a flat screen tv. It was a pleasure to deal with the staff. They have a great outdoor heated pool, a sauna and hot tub inside, a pool table and a ping pong table. Dinner was excellent in the restaurant. It is an older property, but clean and a good value.
We will be back next year!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My wife, 14 year old son, and our dog stayed at the Chalet Killington 5-9 December 2013. Our first ski visit to Killington. The owner and staff were very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were very clean and well kept, but a little dated. We skied Killington right down the street. Breakfasts were made to order and delicious. There is an In-house bar and restaurant, and several restaurants/bars within easy walking distance. Great place for everyone, except maybe those requiring constant pampering. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We have stayed here a few times one of those being my very first trip to Killington, January 2012. Check in was very easy. The rooms are old and could use updating but they are clean and comfortable so the lack of remodeling wasn't an issue. This is also a DOG FRIENDLY place which is always nice to see and although we saw quite a few people with their pets, we did not hear any barking in the middle of the night. The heated pool was also nice and open late. I think my favorite part of the place is the Mexican restaurant and bar especially if you're in the mood for margheritas! YUM!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed in the Chalet in early January 2013. The reason we booked this particular Chalet was it's closeness to the mountain and fact that they accept dogs. We and up leaving our dog at home, but still kept our reservation.
Room looked clean but was so outdated with very old mattress and even older box with a lot of stains and holes. Carpet looked so dirty that I would not step on it barefooted.
Rooms need serious makeover.
We did not dare to use the hot tub.
The only positive comment I have is for the service. They are very friendly and the breakfast was amazing.
Unless you want to take you dog with you and no other place will accommodate you, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed here for the Spartan Beast. The hotel is less than a mile from the start line and has a heater hot tub and sauna. But the location isn't the best part; it's the staff and the service. I left my credit card at the restaurant across the street during dinner. I realized this at check-out the following morning, but unfortunately the restaurant was closed. The owner said he'd take care of it and we went to breakfast down the street. 30 minutes later the owner showed up at the place where we were having breakfast with my credit card that he picked up from the restaurant. Now that's incredible hospitality like I've never seen before. I'd highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends