We were able to book a room due to a cancellation March 7th. We considered ourselves lucky for winging accommodations on the drive up from DC...9 hours in good traffic. We called and landed the 3rd floor room with a view...a nice view of the mountains I might add...great while sipping a beer after a day of skiing (a small fridge is provided).
You know what you get when you stay at the Chalet. Yes, it is older and dated...but basic and clean...beds were made and fresh towels supplied...not a bad price including a hot breakfast to order...including fresh coffee, bagels, muffins and toast. The staff were courteous, informative and helpful.
For those that just want a place to stay while skiing...the Chalet offers great access to the slopes and parking...also walking distance to two bar type pizza restaurants.
I could go on and list some shortcomings but knowing what the Chalet has to offer for the price...it is hard to pass up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chalet Killington is located on the Killington road about 1 mile from the lifts. Each room includes a private bath, cable tv, wireless internet and daily housekeeping. Also enjoy our lounge, restaurant, hot tub, sauna, outdoor heated pool and game room. We offer free slope-side shuttle from December to April. Be sure to bring your dog along, we are Pet Friendly!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Chalet Killington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chalet Killington Hotel Killington
- Chalet Killington Vermont