“Perfect Ski Stay”

Chalet Killington
Huntington, New York
“Perfect Ski Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This past winter was the second time we had the pleasure of staying at this property and we are looking forward to the next ski season staying again. This is a family run place that welcomes you in with open arms. The service is second to none and a number of places to go are within walking distance. In addition the hotel offers a fire place room for its guests to relax and / or watch TV. Shuttle service is offered back and forth to Killington for convenience. Highly recommend for the ski lodge feel.

Room Tip: Rooms further from the lobby are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LJScan72912

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is a family run place on the Killington access road. They make you feel like you are sharing their home. Way better than some of the huge impersonal venues around Killington Just down the road from the base lodges & walkable to cocktail lounges -places to eat

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Essex, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

What a great friendly place, from the moment I walked in the door I felt like I had been here before and all the people knew me.
I was a little apprehensive looking at the place but I was so wrong. Walking in the lobby there was a large fire place blazing throwing off plenty of heat on a cold day, with a half dozen guests hanging around all travelers talking together about nothing special. It was easy to join in and before I knew it almost and hour went by.
I went to the desk checked in to a clean room simply done. With a fantastic view of the mountain.
There is a mexican restaurant right in the hotel that was very good home cooking. The salsa and all the side dishes with dinner were home made. The service was wicked friendly.
After dinner went back to the fireplace to have some more conversations with more people that had gathered. After a Great night went back to the room till the morning!
It gets better, I went down to see the fair for breakfast, expecting the usual offering of coffee muffins and toast. I was pleasantly surprised when the waitress came over and ask what I wanted for breakfast. I asked for a menu and she said we really don't have one we will make what you would like. What an answer, the chain places could take a lesson from this place. Oh, after breakfast I asked if they would charge it to the room. Then I was told it came with the room! It was a great meal.
I did not check out the pool or the hot tub but will be next time I stay there.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We were able to book a room due to a cancellation March 7th. We considered ourselves lucky for winging accommodations on the drive up from DC...9 hours in good traffic. We called and landed the 3rd floor room with a view...a nice view of the mountains I might add...great while sipping a beer after a day of skiing (a small fridge is provided).

You know what you get when you stay at the Chalet. Yes, it is older and dated...but basic and clean...beds were made and fresh towels supplied...not a bad price including a hot breakfast to order...including fresh coffee, bagels, muffins and toast. The staff were courteous, informative and helpful.

For those that just want a place to stay while skiing...the Chalet offers great access to the slopes and parking...also walking distance to two bar type pizza restaurants.

I could go on and list some shortcomings but knowing what the Chalet has to offer for the price...it is hard to pass up.

Room Tip: Chalet Killington offers accommodations for people with pets...I am not sure if select rooms are set...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank oceancrest67
Uxbridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed with two teenagers for a week both kids had their own queen bed and a king in our own room minus a door for us. Very comfortable with heated pool and indoor hot tub. Great breakfasts included. This is an older lodge not brand new. If you want the 5 star look and feel don't come here. If you want to have fun and feel country living then this is the place. Our room also had two flat screen tv's Will return again

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank P G
NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We were lucky to find this place at the last minute on our recent stay at Killington. I booked over the phone and paid in full for one night, and we checked in at midnight the same day and our keys and receipt were left on the check in counter for us. We had our small dog with us so this pet-friendly place was one of our only options. Room had 1 queen bed and 2 singles, plenty of room. Furnishings and linens were old and questionable looking. But of course there was a flat screen TV. My bed was terribly uncomfortable and squeaked all night long, I really could not sleep. Breakfast was included and it was very good. Other than that, I could not wait to get out of there. For $150 on a Wed night it really was no great bargain.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SunNFunNJ
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We were back at Chalet Killington three years after our last visit and couldn't be happier!!

Let's face it, you aren't going to the mountains to spend time in your room, you are going to hit the mountain and get in some great runs. This place isn't fancy, it isn't supposed to be. I give it 5 stars because it is 100% of what it should be, a friendly, clean place that is great for dogs and close to the mountain. If it was supposed to be the Ritz in London it would get 1 star.

The staff are friendly and will walk your dog while you hit the slopes. The whole place has a casual and welcoming feel to it. The drive to the base of the mountain is less than five minutes, but they also have a free shuttle. The attached restaurant serves good Mexican food at decent prices. The included hot breakfast was made to order, fresh, hot and delicious!! A big plate of eggs, sausage and pancakes washed down with hot coffee is perfect before you go shred the mountain.

Be warned, this place isn't fancy. Things are a little rough around the edges and no frills. Bring your own shampoo and hair dryer. You didn't really want to use hotel toiletries anyway did you?

What you will find is a place that is clean, run by friendly people that is minutes away from the Beast of the East. Your dog will be welcome and taken good care of while you ski. In the evening, don't be surprised to find dogs, kids and adults around the fireplace having fun.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family