“Loved Everything about this place. The Perfect Place.”
Review of Chalet Killington

Chalet Killington
Reviewed 18 February 2007

The Chalet Killington is a great place for a family get away. When I stayed there, I felt right at home. The employees were very nice, and the rooms made us feel right at home. The fire place in the sitting area was a great place to enjoy a drink from there amazing resturant.

Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank daveFNewYork

Reviewed 9 October 2006

What a horrible dump! The owners have no business being in the motel/inn business. There was zero hospitality and the place was dark and dingy.....a good place for a horror film. We paid $125/nite for this rip off! They have no idea what hospitality is! Breakfast was a joke. Cold crumbly eggs, dry french toast and cold coffee. Being a camper, I know about roughing it, but we received warmer welcomes and experienced more comfort at many campgrounds throught out the northeast.
The inn was freezing cold when we got there and I had to demand heat be turned on! Oh yeah, don't let me forget to mention the stench that filled the building!
There were no vacancies in Killington when we got there so we were stuck. They should be shut down by the Board of Health and the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
14  Thank llampaso
Connecticut
Reviewed 26 February 2006

Anyone who does not belive my opinion should come here and see. It is hard to believe that such a ---- hole is still in business. Terribly dirty to the point of fascination. Do not you ever think of spending a penny here.

• Stayed: February 2006
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Caldwell, NJ
Reviewed 1 February 2006

I've been staying at the Chalet Killington every year for almost ten years now. Yes, it's true that it's more on the plain vanilla side of inns. It has rooms with comfortable beds, hot showers, good food, cozy fireplace and extremely accommodating staff. So when I hear that people speaking poorly of Chalet Killington, it's because they expect way too much. Your in Vermont to Ski, hike, and take in the fresh air and beautiful scenery. If your going to stay in your room and watch TV all day ( which you could do at home ) then no, this place is not for you. So don't complain that the bathroom has a mismatched tile or that the curtains don't coincide with the wall paper. You should be coming back to your room, exhausted from a day out doors. In short, I love the place. It has good food, great people and comes at a bargain. If your a pansy and need accommodations that come with Waldorf prices then you need to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 October 2005

I liked this place and the price was right. Paid $75 a night for 2 nights in room 14. The place was clean and the staff beyond friendly. Don't expect bell service or things you find when traveling for business. This place is laid back and caters to a ski crowd (of course). The restaurant was not yet open for the ski season, so I cannot comment on it. The outdoor pool was heated and still open! I did not use it, but it was nice that it was available. There is a hot tub and a game room in the basement. Again, I did not use them, but others in my group gave positive reviews. The fireside living room is great, with its "conversation pit". Breakfast consisted of coffee, orange juice and home-made muffins in the lobby. There is a restaurant (Peppers) about a 1/16th of a mile away (30 second walk) if you want something more substantial for breakfast. There are other restaurants within easy walking distance, but I don't know if they serve breakfast or not.

Dave, Angela and Vanessa (and the new kid whose name I did not catch) are wonderful. I was there as part of a group of people in town for a wedding. The bride's family has close ties to the Inn. Maybe we got extra friendly service because of that, but the place seems to have considerable repeat business, so I don't really think that was the only reason.

Make sure you are aware what kind of place this is before you book. There are no phones in the rooms. No elevators. (I think the Inn has 3 stories. We stayed on the 2nd floor). Everyone had brought cell phones so we did not need telephones. I lugged my suitcase to the 2nd floor, but if I had asked, someone on staff would have helped, so this was no problem at all. The beds were comfortable and the place was clean, clean, clean. Hair dryers and a table top ironing board are available by asking at the front desk. The rooms are equipped with phones and radios and we had a nice gift bag in the room waiting for us when we arrived.

If I had a complaint, it was that it rained the whole time we were there and I hesitate to blame this on the Inn. ;-)

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank CarolAnnBrynMawr
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2005

We had stayed at the Chalet Killington before, honestly because we liked the staff not the hotel. What a difference on our last visit. They have done a major amount of work on the place. They were even finishing up a new pool in July. If you have been there before and thought it was so-so, give it another try. Everyone's favorite desk girl has been hard at work. Good job girl!

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2005

After arriving at the chalet killington having just completed a 14 hour door to door journey from the south coast of england, my initial impression was that the hotel was very basic. after a good nights kip and a few hours spent in the building the next day i started to realise how nice the place was. it is a basic budget accomodation but the staff could not have been friendlier, the place was very clean and comfortable, and sitting around the open fire with a cold beer after a knackering day on the slopes was perfect. the hotel has a very warm laid back atmosphere, a cheap bar, good food and a very hot hot tub, what more could you want at this price. people who have slagged this hotel off in previous reveiws obviously expected far too much as it says in all brochures its a budget accomodation, but it is very relaxing and the atmosphere around the place makes up for that by a long long way. all you moany gits of who most are american might i add, should not be so damn tight and pay for a five star if thats what you want. i loved this place and would stay again, well done to all the staff at this family run place for makin it a great trip !!!!

• Stayed: March 2005