“Good Place located right near Killington Ski Resort”

The Foundry at Summit Pond
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Killington
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: In the heart of Killington, Vermont, on the banks of the Summit Pond, lies The Foundry. This new addition to the Access Road provides the best in cuisine, entertainment, activities, and scenery! The Foundry offers two menus, an American Bistro-Style menu in the dining room, and a Tavern menu in the bar. The atmosphere of the dining room will surround you with warmth and relaxation, but feel free to keep the party going in the Tavern where we will offer live entertainment a few nights a week. Look forward to year-round activities on the pond, from ice skating and skate rentals this winter, to paddle boat races and Foundry Fly Dogs in the summer! Our outdoor seating will be heated, and open this winter, so come grab a chair and enjoy some of the best views in Killington!
Glen Head, New York
“Good Place located right near Killington Ski Resort”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I ate at this restaurant/bar when in Vermont this last weekend. It was a good local place to try, the food was tasty, the atmosphere was lively with a combination of the bar band and skiiers, the prices were a little high but that could be expected given the location. They've got a good beer selection on tap including a few local brews as well. Overall, worth visiting if looking for food at Killington Ski Resort.

• Visited April 2014

Bethel
“Food good - service the worst I have ever had!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had a party of 8 and our service was horrible. Our waitress, Courtney, seemed to have an attitude about her from the time I asked her to repeat her name because I didn't hear her. Table service was a non event. She took our glasses, never brought water, or bread for the table. No one checked on us during the meal, the food was good, not great. She had no intention of splitting our bill, did not follow up on our order, and at the conclusion, did not even ask us if we wanted dessert or coffee (a huge profit margin on coffee). Think of the easy tip it would have been and much larger had she lost the chip on her shoulder and had she have been at least a little attentive to her customers. Yes, you guessed it. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone and I definitely will not ever return. Too bad too, because it is in a great location but they will also go out of business if this continues.

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank LackawannaLink
Brandon, Vermont
“Prime rib special was off the hook .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Good stuff guys , good stuff. Did a local restaurant tasting last year on my first business trip to Killington , and you guys rocked my taste buds. I ordered the prime rib special ( I think it was a 12 or 16 oz prime rib with 2 sides , for around 12$ on Thursday ) and it was cooked PERFECTLY. The mashed potatoes were great , and had a hint ( not overpowering ) of butter. I can't remember the vegetable I had but I definitely ate every single bite of it. My client had a some sort of fish sandwich . and it looked amazing with the fancy bread roll it come out on ( had to stop myself for asking for a bite ) . I don't set the bar too high for restaurants in tourist areas , but this surpassed my expectations for the area of Killington. The prices are pretty high here , but I'll let that pass because the quality of the food is on par. They also have some very interesting and innovative bar drinks ( you'll have to find out for yourself ) .

• Visited October 2013
Thank FattiMCbutterpa... n
Washington, NH
“Best of Killington!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were recommended to try the The Foundry by our hosts at The Snowed Inn. We knew it when it was the "old place" and went expecting to be disappointed. We went on a Sunday night and we wanted a quiet meal, so we chose the dining room. The bar was busy with après-ski but there was only one other table occupied. The dining room is very impressive with a huge fireplace (gas fire but realistic) and a menu to match. Memorable salads. I had the 2.5lb lobster and it rocked! They do it with a stuffing which replaces the green liver but the shell is still on, for your cracking pleasure. My wife had perfectly cooked filet mignon. A splurge but very good value. We floated into the bar for a nightcap, by which time it was quiet - all in all, a perfect evening.

P.S. We overheard that Monday's was 'oyster special', so we went back for après and ended up eating at the bar which was also excellent with great salads.

• Visited March 2014
Connecticut
“Great atmosphere, good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We have visited the Foundry several times this winter, and each time the food has been good. We sat once in the main dining room, but it is much more fun in the bar area, albeit noisy!!
The bar menu is good value, the main dining menu slightly overpriced. Great music too.

• Visited February 2014