“so-so meal experience for fine dining cost”
Review of Garlic

Garlic
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Killington
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Judging from the other reviews... the dish washer must have prepared my dinner yesterday ! Aside from the bread & roast garlic every dish was prepared badly. Osso bucco was tough & dried out (improperly reheated) Ceasar salad was a joke (bottled dressing) Puttanesca sauce seemed to come from a jar. this was olive garden quality food for 100 dollars a couple ! (no drinks ) Go to any average italian place & you get better food for 1/3 the money

Reviewed 13 April 2014

First off let me just say that I've been eating food for about 28 years. In these 28 years , I've come to appreciate good quality food at great prices. This place is not that , especially the prices. The prices on the menu are of a high-end fancy restaurant ( 18-30$ a plate ) , and you get in return food that looks like it was prepared by a few line cooks with very little cooking experience. Which brings me to the question , is there an actual " executive chef " at this restaurant? The plates I had ( a pasta dish with mushrooms , a few more at different times within the years ) have always been over-seasoned , lacking presentation , and all around not what you should be getting for these high prices. It seems an overhaul of the menu is in dire need , or at the very minimal an extreme price drop. Now I don't want to seem like a negative nancy , because this place has a great bar and pretty delicious drinks. If anything , I would go back for the great attentive servers , and the atmosphere.

Thank FattiMCbutterpa... n
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were a party of 5 and everyone was happy with everything. Delicious fresh bread with the signature garlic, steaks cooked perfectly and starters were excellent. If you have limited time in Killington this is he spot.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Awesome selection of Vermont craft beers. Plenty of space at the adjoining bar. I liked the appetizers more than my entree. I ordered the Salmon special (roasted potatoes were uber salty). So your experience may vary. Overall I had a pleasant time and will come back.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were impressed with the breadth of the menu. The bread and roasted garlic that they serve after taking your order was unusual and excellent. I enjoyed the eggplant parm, although the meatballs I ordered as a side were good, but unremarkable. My GF ordered a special sausage and mushroom dish over pasta that she also thoroughly enjoyed...the pasta was perfectly cooked. We were here at an early hour on a Sunday evening late in the ski season, so the restaurant was empty...our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable. We would certainly return here when we are back in the Killington area.

Been to Garlic? Share your experiences!