“Limited menu - but tasty”
Review of Ovations at Killington - CLOSED

Ovations at Killington
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Killington Grand Resort Hotel offers a warm Vermont dining experience at Ovations Restaurant, serving homestyle American classics and farm fresh regional cuisine. Our chefs prepare both family favorites and modern creations, using only the freshest & local ingredients.
Bedfordshire
“Limited menu - but tasty”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Menu is rather limited, atmosphere not buzzing. However, the meal we had (meatloaf & smoked brisket mac n cheese) was very tasty. Definitely beats trekking out in the freezing weather.

Visited February 2014

“Best Food and Service on the Mountain!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Ignore the old reviews. Ovations aims to please and was the best dinner and service we've had all week on the mountain. Or server Owen was attentive and made sure we were happy with our visit. The food was excellent with hearty portions. So much so they could actually serve less of the vegi/starch side dishes and you still have more than enough. Steak, ribs, onion soup, and scallops were all hits. Clam chowder was good but as a native Mainah could do without the red pepper in it. Atmosphere is upscale but not stuffy. Definitely recommend if you want real food.. not fried!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank ME2VA
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Reset and toss out the old reviews”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Despite Ovations' #31 of 41 restaurants ranking in Killington my wife and I ate here for our last night in the Killington resort. We were beat and didn't feel like going out. The first thing we noticed about Ovations was that if was full of people eating. We had been at Killington for a week and every place we had dinner only had a few people dining. From start to finish we had a great experience. Our server, Rachel, was great and "made" the evening. She was friendly, efficient, and went out of her way to ensure our experience was great. Besides, the great service, everything we ate that evening was excellent. I highly recommend the Thai lamb skewers if you want a memorable starter. Both of our entrees were also excellent, as was dessert. After having such a good experience, I mentioned Ovations' low ranking to Rachel. She was aware of it, as was the management. They were not happy with it and had set out to fix the problems and get Ovations up to where it should be. This reviewer thinks they have accomplished that mission.

• Visited January 2014
Sasha P, Manager at Ovations at Killington, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hello and thank you for reviewing Ovations on TripAdvisor. Our staff here at Killington is working diligently to provide an enjoyable and memorable dining experience at Killington Resort, and we are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us at Ovations. Rachel has been recognized for her efforts, and compliments passed to the Chef. Again, we thank you for taking the time to review our business, and we look forward to seeing you again!
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Great birthday dinner!”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I've eaten here before and i always know that the food is delicious so thinking this would be an excellent place to eat for my birthday! the menu is always diverse and made with great care and I wasn't expecting anything less, and they certainly came through for us. The waitress, Joann was very pleasant, friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. they really made us feel welcome and special. If you eat one thing there, try the catfish tacos!

• Visited December 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“OUTSTANDING FOOD AND SERVICE!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I just spent the 4 day Thanksgiving holiday weekend at the Grand Resort Hotel with my wife and 13 year old son. We arrived Thanksgiving evening and were met by Erin, a very friendly and knowledgeable hostess. I travel often, and I must say that she is one of the best representatives of any restaurant I've visited. We were served a fantastic 5 course dinner of Turducen (Turkey, Duck, Chicken combination) along with a variety of mouthwatering side dishes and desserts. Laura was our server, and was very friendly and attentive. The experience was so great that we decided to come back the next day for dinner. I should note that it is very rare for me to dine back-to-back--even at the best restaurants. But our initial experience, combined with the convenience of being in the hotel, helped make the decision an easy one. This time we ordered the beef tenderloin, catfish tacos, and New York strip. All were outstanding, as was the service. Now, I can't think of a time when I've ever dined at a restaurant for three consecutive nights, but the decision was unanimous! Again, the food was awesome, surpassed only by the wonderful personalities of the wait staff and hosts/hostesses. They really made us feel at home and were a great resource for area attractions. Incidentally, we also enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The made-to-order omelets were delicious, as were the breakfast potatoes, which contained both white and sweet potatoes and onions. Mmmm! Thanks Ovations - we appreciate you making our experience special.

• Visited November 2013