Stayed February 10th, 2012 for 2 nights with some girlfriends for a ski weekend. We had two rooms right next to each other. I could hear every word my friends in the next room were saying. One of my girlfriends found pubic hair on her pillow. They did bring her a new one, but it was a disgusting experience.
There was some StudentCity group there taking up like 20 rooms. These students kept us up until 6am one of the nights! They were outside on the porch/deck area talking, drinking, in and out of rooms, playing beer pong, fighting, etc. It was absolutely ridiculous. We complained, we heard that others complained as well, but nothing was done. I was close to calling the police but decided against it because I was hopeful it would die down at some point. And it did...at 6AM. None of us got sleep, even with the ear-plugs I gave out to my friends and the sound machine apps we were using on our phones. This made getting out on the slopes bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning quite difficult.
I talked to the manager's wife the next day and told her I would be calling the police if it happened again that night. I asked her how many from this group were staying, and she said about 50 or students. Hmm...50 students, 20 rooms. This led me to wonder if they charged 10 of the rooms the 3rd person charge that they made my group pay. You know, the quiet group who was repectful and did not keep the entire hotel up all night. Clearly, the management was catering to this large group and were making no effort to ensure a quality stay for their other "valued" guests. The manager's wife was also EXTREMELY rude during check-in. Like, eye roll rude when you ask about the shuttle to the mountain. Also, rude in the way that she gives you that up and down once-over looks and asks; am I SURE I don't have anyone else that I am going to be sneaking into the room? Listen lady, I'm 30 years old and I can afford the $15 extra person fee, don't offend me by using the word sneak eiter. Ugh. She definitely has some major trust issues, and a MAJOR sense of entitlement.
The students were also smoking marijuana in their rooms because the smell wafted up into our rooms. We complained but nothing happened.
This place is a complete joke. A waiter at a nearby restaurant laughed when we told him where we were staying. NEVER AGAIN. Seriously don't waste your money. It is not within walking distance to anything and the cabs are hard to get during the busy season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Magnuson Hotels affiliate is located near Killington Ski Area, Killington Golf Course, Kent Pond, Coolidge State Park, Vermont State Fairgrounds, Spartan Arena, Dartmouth College, Bromley Mountain Ski Resort and the Norman Rockwell Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hillside Inn at Killington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillside Inn At Killington Hotel Killington
- Red Roof Inn Killington
- Killington Red Roof Inn
- Hillside Inn At Killington Vermont