All reviewswaffleshot tubhard boiled eggsafternoon snackhomemade banana breadcozy lobbydouble queen roomplaying cardsvisiting killingtonliquid artwalking distancerestaurants and barshome away from homeenglish muffinkillington access roadthe location is perfectgas fireplace
Reviewed 29 January 2008

The Breen Family, N Ireland. We stayed in the Inn over New Year in the 2 bedroomed suite . There were 8 of us altogether- 4 adults and 4 teenagers and we had ample room in the very spacious suite. Jim was most hospitable and his home made cookies and spiced cider after a hard day on the slopes went down a treat. The outdoor tub also went down well and Jim was always on hand to advise. We ate out at Caseys Caboose which is just a short walk at the bottom of our road and had very good food. If you have to wait for a table, the bar is also great. and they give you popcorn while waiting We also ate at the Woobly barn , which is walkable and it was also great but you need to go hungry as the portions are big and the price includes soup & salads . We had excellent chinese and pizza takeaways which was delivered right up to our suite. There is also a very well organised launderette Scrub a dub pub- and yes it does have a pub upstairs so you can have a drink while waiting on your washing/ tumble drying. Jim organised our ski package and got this at a reduced rate. All in all- an exceptional holiday and excellent accomodation. We will be back

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2008

My wife and I were looking for a week long getaway somewhere other than a typical cruise or tropical vacation. I had not been on ski's for seven years and my wife had not ever been on ski's. We booked our lodging at the Snowed Inn through the Killington website. The Snowed Inn exceeded our expectations!

We were warmly greeted by thier staff and resident guard dog upon arrival. I have read some complainats about the breakfasts's. Expect continental, (waffles, danish, cereal, muffins, coffee cake, juice, coffee, etc.) and if you want more, go elsewhere. It was very satisfying for the both of us for our stay.

Our room was cozy and decorated tastefully. The cleanliness was second to none. The wi-fi was tempermental on the first day but was resolved by the second. I would eat at Casey's Caboose, a short walk from the Inn, I had simply the best steak ever!

Simply put, the resort and the Inn, exceeded our expectations. We are both looking forward to planning our next trip to Killington.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mdmoore76
Reviewed 12 November 2007

The outside of the Inn is beautiful, but as for the inside, what you see on the web is much better than what we saw in person. It felt more like a hotel than a B&B. When we arrived, we were not shown to our room and had a hard time finding it. We thought the hallway to our room was an exit, and it could have been. The room was freezing and had No character. We felt like we were staying in a bad apartment. As for breakfast, there were some muffins and dole fruit. Again, not what I would expect from a B&B. The only good part about the experience was the dog that greeted us at breakfast. Thankfully we did not pay a lot for the stay but in the future I would rather pay more and get a better experince.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HLCChicago
Reviewed 30 September 2007

The Snowed Inn was very beautiful. The room we stayed in had a fireplace and a jaquzzi bathtub. It was very clean and looked newly refurbished. Jim was our host and he was very accomadating,he let us know of a few places to go.The breakfast side of the B&B was like something they would serve in a hospital cafeteria vending machine. If all you are serving is basic continental breakfast try fresh, not dole brand canned fruit . Maybe have some fresh pastry, english muffins, bagels etc. There is a amazing bakery just up the road that could supply you. Trust me for all the money a customer is paying to stay there cutting cost on the food you offer will not help you in the long road against your competition. Let's also mention that a much needed
improvement in the quality of coffee would be appriciated,might
I suggest Green Mountain since you are in Vermont . If these
improvements are made my wife and I will return . Chef Bill from Boston.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank breil
Reviewed 15 August 2007

My wife and I decided to take our summer break in Vermont to get away from the usual beach crowds. We had been recommended to try the Snowed Inn by friends who had stayed here in the winter. We were very glad that we found out about this place because our experience was excellent. Even with the lack of snow, the inn is in a beautiful location completely surrounded by trees. Our room was perfect, very comfortable and clean, plus the jacuzzi was an added bonus. We met both owners who were very welcoming and really made us feel very appreciated, they even gave us some great tips about things to do nearby (hiking at Pico, kayaking on Kent Pond etc.). Overall I'd definitely recommend a visit here during any season, my wife and I are even planning on returning here in fall. This is the ideal place for people looking for a relaxing and comfortable stay away from the crowded hotels typical of mountain resotrs AND at a great price!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple