“Ok place If the Price is Low...otherwise Stay at the Inn of Six Mountains”
Review of Snowed Inn

Snowed Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Killington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Stayed in Jan 2011.
Were first turned away at 1:30pm and told that check in was at 3pm (we were the only ones there, didn't ask our name to determine we were in (in case just maybe it had been cleaned).
Room was clean, but bed was not comfortable. could hear absolutely every conversation ongoing in the lobby from our room.
Breakfast was ok, not great
Manager kinda creeped us out. He swore (which we really don't care about) within 5 minutes of meeting him...just wondered how many people that would offend. He also was just overall not a B&B type manager.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 October 2010

Made a last minute fall break trip to VT this year over Columbus Day Weekend-found Snowed Inn online 3 nights before our trip. Contact made online, followed up immediately and courteously by hotel. The gentleman who greeted us was very personable and welcoming, and also seemed to be in charge of a lot of things at the property (including the breakfast buffet). The vibe was very relaxed overall. We had a room with a single queen which was on the small side. It was a little pricey, but it was a holiday weekend, after all. Not much happening in Killington in the fall (leaves aside), I suspect it would be very nice during ski season.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Snowed Inn for the weekend of the 9th annual Killington Wine Festival. This was our 4th year attending the event, but the first year we stayed at the Snowed Inn, we were just looking for a change from where we had stayed the previous three years. We arrived just after check-in time and were checked in quickly and shown to our room. There is no a/c in the rooms (probably not usually an issue in Killington!), but this summer on the east coast has been a record hot one. We were told that if the room was too warm, to ask for a fan. The room was nice, we had the fireplace & jucuzzi room (which turned out not to be worth it, since it was 90 degrees!), and it was nicely decorated in nuetral colors. But, the room was warm, so my husband asked for a fan and we were given a small desk-top one that I was leary about, but it did the trick enough so we could sleep, we weren't in the room during the day so it wasn't an issue.

The room was large enough and had a small sitting area and 4-posted bed. The bathroom however was pretty small. Because we chose the jacuzzi room, the bathtub took up a lot more space that it needed to, leaving the rest of the bathroom cramped. Also, and this is my only complain regarding cleanliness, the built-in hair dryer in the bathroom was sticky with the hair care products of the previous occupant(s), and had fingerprints and some stray hairs stuck to it. Some people may not mind this, but I'm super-disgusted by stray hairs so this completely gave me the chills and my husband had to clean it off before I would use it.

We didn't parktake in the breakfast, but plenty of others did while we were there, and I will say that it smelled wonderful.

All in all, I don't think we'll be staying here again, but it certainly wasn't a horrible experience. For the price (especially in the summer off-season) it was a great value.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2010

We stayed at the Snowed Inn while attending the Killington Film Festival. The breakfast waffles were awesome, topped with wild blueberries and maple syrup. We enjoyed the hot tub in the afternoon. Our room was kept fresh and clean. Having wireless internet in our room was a big plus too. It's a perfect base for fascinating day trips too. Close to a wide range of tourist attractions. The staff is attentive and helpful. There is a fridge and microwave, which came in handy when we brought home left over BBQ and some of Vermont's fabulous cheeses. I'd love to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2010

Had a blast at the Snowed Inn! Jim, the manager, is friendly, accommodating, and he also puts out a fantastic breakfast! The place is clean, well managed, and full of friendly visitors. A great location for skiing Killington Mountain.

I also need to mention the hot tub on the deck outside - because it's something I would normally avoid (don't trust that they are ever maintained as well as they should be). But after Jim (the Inn's manager), told me of the new, very expensive filtration system and weekly maintenence, I checked it out and I have to say that it was fabulous!

Had a blast at the Snowed Inn!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I went back and forth many times reading reviews trying to find out where to stay in Killington. Finally we all decided on Snowed Inn and I couldn't have been happier. It is located right offf the main road, where you can walk to many different restraunts and bars. When we first arrived it was just as charming on the outside as it is in brochure photos. Once inside we were warmly greeted by the owner and were quickly checked in. Our room was simple, and it looked like my grandmother decorated it, but that was part of the charm. It wasn't cold and sterile like other hotels. The only flaw to the hotel was that the walls were very thin. I would suggest to try and get a room on the top floor. After a day of skiing we came back to take a soak in the hot tub which was well maintained and very nice. There was a wait, but the owner had hot apple cider, and a variety of cookies out for us. Killington is only 5 min away, and there is free parking. There are also ski renal shops along the way where you can rent ski's and snowboards for half the price as you can on the mountain. They provide free internet, and free breakfast which included hard boiled eggs, waffles, yogert, blueberries, bagels, muffins, coffee cake, fresh fruit, cereal, oj, tea, and coffee. Overall I had a great time here and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2010

We just got back from a short, one day, trip to Killington to ski. We stayed at the Snowed Inn saturday night after skiing all day. Very happy we did!
Now this is not our first time there, it used to be our main go to place staying in Killingtin for years.We have been going to another Lodge on the access road that I was geting nice discounts from but the quality of the lodge and the service has not been consistant.
The Snowed Inn still has that true ski lodge feell that drew us there years ago! Now are main go to inn again!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple