“Poor customer service”
Review of Preston's

Preston's
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in Killington
Price range: US$8 - US$50
Description: A Good Place to Eat and Drink Located at the Killington Grand Hotel. Named for and inspired by Killington founder Pres Smith, Preston’s Restaurant is the embodiment of mountain lifestyle and culinary creativity. The menu is infused with Vermont ingredients and perfect pairings, from comfort food favorites to elevated entrees.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Food was really good, however they under cooked my wife's steak. By the time she got her steak back I was done my meal. All we got was a sorry. At the minimum, a free dessert would of been nice. The manager came by and asked how the meal was. We told him what happened and his response was that at least it was under cooked as that was easily corrected. He said if it was over cooked he would have to start over. Glad his cook screwed up to their benefit. They must teach that in hospitality and culinary school. Not impressed.

GEMead, General Manager at Preston's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi quicks2k,

I am the manager you spoke with that evening, and would like to apologize for any confusion on my part. I spoke with you before I spoke with your server. I mistook our pleasant conversation about the food and service as a positive. Although your wife expressed her steak was underdone, she did say we corrected it, and that the food overall was described as delicious. I asked if it was under or over done. When I discovered that it was underdone, I tried to explain that would make it easier for us to correct it faster. My intention was not to be to our "benefit", but to get your corrected meal to you faster. I apologize for not being clearer. I then left you to finish your dessert you were sharing, and went to check with your server, and the chef. Tre, your server, informed me that it did take a few minutes to correct the steak, and that he felt you had expressed only positives on your meal. As always, I asked him if he felt I needed to correct anything with the service, or discuss things further with you. He assured me it would be okay. Unfortunately, it was not.

Once again, I apologize for any confusion on my part with my words or actions. I would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to correct any slight you may have felt. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Garrett Mead
802-422-6109
gmead@killington.com

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

After eight hours of driving we just wanted to eat so we went to the hotel restaurant. We knew it would be more expensive because it was at the resort but thought the food would be good. Our server had a 12 top at the same time we sat so I'm not blaming her but we waited forever for our appetizer and when it came it was cold we told her it was cold and they did nothing about it my French onion soup came which I get French onion soup at every restaurant I go to I would give this one a five out of 10 usually the cheeses The best part is ooey and goey well this cheese it's all cooked to death and super crispy and all dried out flavor was just OK entrées were overpriced literally a chicken breast for $26 food cost was probably three dollars if that and I paid 26 and it was overcooked but the flavor was decent I ordered the mushroom risotto and it was flavor less hey Chef have you ever heard of chicken stock maybe some salt give your dishes some flavor service was just OK I get our waitress was busy with a 12 top but my water was empty and the bus girl walked around the circle at least seven times just looking around for something to do but would not fill my water glass someone with a pitcher of water actually walked by five times but my water was not filled piss poor service for high-end wages my wife and I thought we would splurge on this trip and stay at the resort and spend the extra money so far not so good
Management at the restaurant stop walking around clueless and actually help your people out you guys also walked around and no one even came and apologized for the cold appetizer I paid for cold stuff but I was so freaking hungry I just ate it. I didn't want to complain but you guys should recognize the situation when these things happen and at least apologize and do something about it I shouldn't have to raise hell and cause a scene in the restaurant

GEMead, General Manager at Preston's, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Jamzu,

Let me first apologize for your experience. Not exactly sure what happened, as it doesn't even sound like the restaurant and staff I am so proud to be a part of. I appreciate you letting us know of your disappointment, I just wished we knew that evening. It sounds as if you made a comment to your server about the soup, but nothing more. I am sure we would have taken care of any issues you may have had without the need to make a scene. Our targets for service are to have appetizers on tables within 15 minutes, and entrees with 30 minutes. If we cannot hit that window, my service staff are trained to inform the guests of any delays, and make sure they are as comfortable as possible. Our support staff are also advised to keep tables watered, and address any guest concerns as they arrive. We strive to have any issues with food addressed immediately, whether it is a cold soup, or a flavorless risotto. I also have never had a guest pay for any entrée they were not happy with. I will share that our Honey Glazed Chicken Breast entrée like other items on our menus is made from locally raised chickens, our own honey from our own bees, and other locally sourced, farm-to-table items. These do cost us a little more, but we feel better supporting our local economy.

I will be sharing your comments with our team, as we obviously failed to meet our targets in exceeding your expectations. We will never be perfect, and are always looking for ways to improve. If you wish to reach me directly to discuss further, my email is gmead@killington.com, and my extension is 802-422-6109.

Garrett Mead
Food and Beverage Manager
Killington Grand Hotel.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Easy when you are at the hotel to just go down.... food impressed us - taco shrimp, chicken lemon something, and so on. Price was proportional to a hotel, base of ski hill restaurant

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

The food was decent, not great... however the beers on tap were amazing! The staff was attentive but they often seemed in the weeds....the ambiance of the restaurant is really cool but I would not recommend taking children under 5-the high top tables would be an accident waiting to happen! The prices were a tad steep, but that’s to be expected at a high end resort. On a Friday or Saturday night I would recommend eating early or putting your name in AT LEAST an hr before you really want to sit down for dinner.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Grand and admittedly it’s easy to overlook your hotel’s restaurant when looking for a great meal in Killington.

I have to say the food here is outstanding and well priced. We tried it for lunch and dinner and both times were impressed. They’re great with kids too.

I recommend the salmon with lentil ragout , fried olives, steak and burger ! Kids meals - the usual but well done. Also convenient if you’re a guest and plan on having a few drinks.

Well done Preston’s! Highly recommend!

Been to Preston's? Share your experiences!