“It's easy to see why the locals like this place”

The New American Grill
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Londonderry
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: THE NEW AMERICAN GRILL "vermont soul, world flavor" Enjoy a varied menu thoughtfully prepared from the freshest ingredients, accompanied by a great selection of draft beers, wines & cocktails. Conveniently located in the heart of southern Vermont's beautiful ski & ride country, The New American Grill offers a casual and inviting atmosphere to relax and live the good life with family and friends. Lunch & dinner served daily.
Columbia, South Carolina
“It's easy to see why the locals like this place”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Night was coming on fast by the time my wife and I checked into the Inn at Weston and belatedly learned that we would have to drive to Londonderry for our evening meal. The friendly innkeeper recommended the New American Grill as just about the only place to get a burger-and-fries sort of meal at an affordable price, adding that the restaurant was nothing much to look at and would likely be very busy. We were tired, hungry and not in the mood to go foraging elsewhere, so we chose the New American more or less by default. Fortunately, it proved to be very satisfactory.

The New American is situated in a strip shopping center. Neither the outside nor the inside of this restaurant is very much to look at, but it’s easy to see why the locals like it so much. We got pretty good burgers, super-friendly service, and a dinner check that was easy on my wallet. Because we had been forewarned, and especially because the New American is a great place for people-watching, the 35 minute wait for our food was not annoying.

The New American Grill would not have been our first choice if we could have dined at a place with a more distinctively New England personality. However, it was definitely the right choice for the circumstances.

• Visited October 2013

Englewood, Florida
“New American Grill a 5 star”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Excellent food at reasonable prices. Service was good. Best bar-b-que chicken I had. Close to ski slopes.

Visited February 2014
Connecticut
“Quite pleased with food and service”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The Inn we stay at had a menu and recommended this place. It was a very good recommendation. We dropped in with a family of six and were pleasantly surprised. The challenge is the very diverse menu and wondering what their specialty really is. It truly is a diverse Americana menu and each of us tried something different and everyone was quite pleased with their meals.

• Visited February 2014
“Great burger, beer and service. ”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Disclaimer: I was starving!

I happened upon this place during a long drive, a couple hours after I decided I should stop for food. I had a draft beer and the Mexicali Burger. Both were excellent. The burger was a perfect medium rare with a hint of the Mexican flavors and was not drowned with sauce/mayo/cheese. It was just right. And the fries were done crisp like I like them. Tasty on their own without lots if seasoning.

The service was outstanding. I sat at the counter, where I got a good look into the kitchen and saw most of the staff. They really seemed to like what they were doing and liked each other. So that positive energy made its way to the customer - me. I was greeted very nicely. It was near closing time, but no sign of that in staff behavior or attitude. Just the right amount of friendly chatter. A waitress asked me if my order had been taken (it had). A cook asked another waitress to deliver my burger when my waitress was away. Easy settle-up. Etc.

A great find that I'll return to when I'm back in the neighborhood.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Yummy food and great service”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We come to VT once a year for our annual ski trip, and this year we found the New American Grill. Good thing we did - both the food and the service were great! The restaurant has a modern bistro feel with a diverse menu and a simple decor. We were seated quickly, intrigued by the specials and satisfied by the drinks. I had a burger and my husband tried their steak - both were juicy and delicious; great portion size as well! We'll definitely come back here again to try other menu items.

• Visited January 2014