“Food absolutely fine, one rude waitress!”

The New American Grill
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Londonderry
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: THE NEW AMERICAN GRILL "vermont soul, world flavor" Enjoy a varied menu thoughtfully prepared from the freshest ingredients, accompanied by a great selection of draft beers, wines & cocktails. Conveniently located in the heart of southern Vermont's beautiful ski & ride country, The New American Grill offers a casual and inviting atmosphere to relax and live the good life with family and friends. Lunch & dinner served daily.
Manchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food absolutely fine, one rude waitress!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were recommended by our hotel, got there and the woman who greeted us was the most rude waitress I have ever encountered. When there was a wait we asked if we could wait and have a drink, her response being "if the other waitress has time.." Oh i'm sorry, didn't want to inconvenience you at all! It turned out the other waitress wasn't busy at all and was happy to help! No communication, it made our family feel like we shouldn't of bothered coming. So my family joke about it and try to see the positive, the same waitress overhears how annoyed we were so moves our ticket to the back to punish us. We were told by our waitress, who was exceptional, that they've had a lot of problems with her. Nice place, shame about the service that overshadows the other waitresses' good work!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Averi92
Chefmax72, Owner at The New American Grill, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
As Chef/Owner, I am disturbed by your review in more ways then one. Obviously, it is imperative to the continued success of our business that we provide an enjoyable experience for as many guests as we possibly can.

There are evenings in the summer when, even after 10 years of business, customer counts eclipse the forecasted business estimates and tax the effectiveness of the staffing for that particular evening. Unfortunately, those types of situations can prove extremely stressful and can get the worst of even a seasoned and otherwise pleasant server/hostess.

In terms of being told by one server that we have "had a lot of problems" with another server, I am aghast. While all of my staff certainly have their strengths and weaknesses, I have yet to be made aware of an employee with on-going difficulties with rudeness and bad attitude towards customers. I can assure you, I will be investigating this incident thoroughly and will deal with that employee accordingly.

I am also troubled by the fact that despite good food, and good service by the server that you ended up with (your words, not mine), you saw fit to give us crappy marks in every category for a total of 1 of 5 stars...and that I frankly find lame.

As I am sure you were informed by your hotel, we have never failed to live up to the recommendations of the properties in our vicinity that recommend us with confidence to their lodging customers, hence their enthusiasm in recommending us.

Nonetheless, I sincerely apologize for your less than satisfactory experience, and your input will help me in improving the experience for future customers.

camper46
“Great Hidden gem”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This place is a Great Hidden gem. We camp a lot and sometime like to have a break from cooking in the camper. Being in Londonderry, Vermont we had low expectations on choice and what we would find. My wife picked this place and it was a very pleasantly surprised. Food & service was great! The place is well run and clean. You can tell when a place is kept up by the busyness of the help. The food came out quick; even with the place was full of people. “Thank you” New American Grill!!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank camper46
North Landgrove, Vermont, United States
“Great menu!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Some really good special every night and an expansive menu. Good for families. Nice rest salads. They have a very friendly wait staff.

• Visited May 2014
Columbia, South Carolina
“It's easy to see why the locals like this place”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Night was coming on fast by the time my wife and I checked into the Inn at Weston and belatedly learned that we would have to drive to Londonderry for our evening meal. The friendly innkeeper recommended the New American Grill as just about the only place to get a burger-and-fries sort of meal at an affordable price, adding that the restaurant was nothing much to look at and would likely be very busy. We were tired, hungry and not in the mood to go foraging elsewhere, so we chose the New American more or less by default. Fortunately, it proved to be very satisfactory.

The New American is situated in a strip shopping center. Neither the outside nor the inside of this restaurant is very much to look at, but it’s easy to see why the locals like it so much. We got pretty good burgers, super-friendly service, and a dinner check that was easy on my wallet. Because we had been forewarned, and especially because the New American is a great place for people-watching, the 35 minute wait for our food was not annoying.

The New American Grill would not have been our first choice if we could have dined at a place with a more distinctively New England personality. However, it was definitely the right choice for the circumstances.

• Visited October 2013
Englewood, Florida
“New American Grill a 5 star”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Excellent food at reasonable prices. Service was good. Best bar-b-que chicken I had. Close to ski slopes.

Visited February 2014