“a surprise”

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Londonderry
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: THE NEW AMERICAN GRILL "vermont soul, world flavor" Enjoy a varied menu thoughtfully prepared from the freshest ingredients, accompanied by a great selection of draft beers, wines & cocktails. Conveniently located in the heart of southern Vermont's beautiful ski & ride country, The New American Grill offers a casual and inviting atmosphere to relax and live the good life with family and friends. Lunch & dinner served daily.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

as a new york city foodie i never expected to find a restaurant serving delicious food in a shopping center....but that is exactly what happened.
was visiting friends in andover and they recommended this place.... between the three of us we had the carrot ginger soup, mussels, scallops and ribs...my order was the rib order ...really delicious.....even the cole slaw that came with it was good.....since i am more of a wine drinker with dinner i had to rely on the waitresses recommendation for a beer....once i described in general what i wanted i tasted two and chose the one i liked the best and it was a good ale.....dessert was a chocolate mousse made with ghirandelli chocolate
somebody really knows their food and their way around the kitchen...i would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone especially you new york city types heading up to vermont for a week end ......
the only minor reason i did not give it five stars was that i had asked the waitress twice for a separate check and that was not done ..although she was very sweet and obliging i would have preferred she did what i had asked originally.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This restaurant has a very wide range of food choices. Our group had Thai stir-fry, Tex-Mex and American food. All were good and the portions were substantial. The prices were high, though. The service was also rather slow, especially considering the place was not at all crowded. We were told that it typically takes 20 minutes to prepare an order, longer if something takes longer to cook. I'm not sure what in our order took longer, since stir fry, burritos and hamburgers are all pretty fast to cook. Even our appetizer (bread with toasted cheese) took a while to be served. I can only imagine how long it might take to get served when this place is busy.

1  Thank Douglas F
Chefmax72, Owner at The New American Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Douglas,

I am bummed to hear that your experience at my restaurant was not satisfactory. As I am sure you can read from other reviewers, we typically receive positive feedback from diners. While I am glad that you enjoyed the food, I apologize for the length of time you felt was inexcusably long. There are a myriad of reasons why a ticket can get held up, and I can assure you I will investigate what occurred. As Chef/Owner, I take a great deal of pride in providing an enjoyable experience to all who dine with us.

As far as pricing goes, I have to respectfully disagree with you. I go to great lengths to ensure that our prices are congruent with similar style restaurants selling similar style food (often with lower quality ingredients and smaller portions, btw). You can definitely find cheaper burgers, burritos and stirfries out there in the world, but you get what you pay for, in terms of the locale, facilities and overall product.

If Quality + Price = Value, I make no apologies for our pricing. Nonetheless, thank you for the constructive criticism and I will use it to better our speed of service.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were recommended by our hotel, got there and the woman who greeted us was the most rude waitress I have ever encountered. When there was a wait we asked if we could wait and have a drink, her response being "if the other waitress has time.." Oh i'm sorry, didn't want to inconvenience you at all! It turned out the other waitress wasn't busy at all and was happy to help! No communication, it made our family feel like we shouldn't of bothered coming. So my family joke about it and try to see the positive, the same waitress overhears how annoyed we were so moves our ticket to the back to punish us. We were told by our waitress, who was exceptional, that they've had a lot of problems with her. Nice place, shame about the service that overshadows the other waitresses' good work!

1  Thank Averi92

As Chef/Owner, I am disturbed by your review in more ways then one. Obviously, it is imperative to the continued success of our business that we provide an enjoyable experience for as many guests as we possibly can.

There are evenings in the summer when, even after 10 years of business, customer counts eclipse the forecasted business estimates and tax the effectiveness of the staffing for that particular evening. Unfortunately, those types of situations can prove extremely stressful and can get the worst of even a seasoned and otherwise pleasant server/hostess.

In terms of being told by one server that we have "had a lot of problems" with another server, I am aghast. While all of my staff certainly have their strengths and weaknesses, I have yet to be made aware of an employee with on-going difficulties with rudeness and bad attitude towards customers. I can assure you, I will be investigating this incident thoroughly and will deal with that employee accordingly.

I am also troubled by the fact that despite good food, and good service by the server that you ended up with (your words, not mine), you saw fit to give us crappy marks in every category for a total of 1 of 5 stars...and that I frankly find lame.

As I am sure you were informed by your hotel, we have never failed to live up to the recommendations of the properties in our vicinity that recommend us with confidence to their lodging customers, hence their enthusiasm in recommending us.

Nonetheless, I sincerely apologize for your less than satisfactory experience, and your input will help me in improving the experience for future customers.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This place is a Great Hidden gem. We camp a lot and sometime like to have a break from cooking in the camper. Being in Londonderry, Vermont we had low expectations on choice and what we would find. My wife picked this place and it was a very pleasantly surprised. Food & service was great! The place is well run and clean. You can tell when a place is kept up by the busyness of the help. The food came out quick; even with the place was full of people. “Thank you” New American Grill!!!

1  Thank camper46
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Some really good special every night and an expansive menu. Good for families. Nice rest salads. They have a very friendly wait staff.