“fun at the mountains”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Londonderry
New York City, New York
“fun at the mountains”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed with my family for a week in Aug at Magic View Motel. This place is very nice and quiet, overview Magic Mtn. Room was big,clean with fire place ,cable tv and fridge.Place is located 15 min from Manchaster ,Stratton Mtn, Bromley Mtn, and Okemo Mtn.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank marta t

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
McDonough GA
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Huge, clean room for $65? Unbelievable in VT. Definitely a great discovery we made.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank burns41
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed at The Magic View Motel every fall and spring when I visit Vermont. It's a peaceful and relaxing experience. The owner was truly kind and friendly, the rooms are clean and cozy. I found that this motel is the most reasonably priced in the area. Magic View Motel Is very close to ski areas like Okemo, Stratton, Bromley and Magic Mountain. Also close to hikeing trails, horse back riding, shopping in Manchester and great restaurants. My family and friends enjoy our stay every time we visit.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bob B
Enid, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We just completed a 16 night vacation to New England. We had reservations at a different place every night, all of them in the 'budget' category. We were pleased with all but the Magic View Motel in Londonderry, VT. While the lady running the motel was pleasant and made an effort to correct things, she failed. We had no heat in the room, so she brought an electric heater for us to use. We were up and down all night turning it off when the temp was 85 and turning it back on when it got to 55. The water was luke warm for the shower, the wi-fi worked for only about 15 min and never did come back on, and the room was dingy, dark and in desperate need of an update. The only positive thing I can say is that the bathroom had been updated fairly recently. I asked for a partial refund and was refused. I would definitely look elsewhere!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RetiredTravelsEnid
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I have stayed at this place few times over this past winter when i went skiing in VT. It is only 4.5 hrs away from NYC. Good location right off the road. Easy access, great owner. Nice clean rooms. Great prices especially if you are looking to for weekend skiing. Its is not a 5 star hotel, so please don't be misleaded. Yet, it is definately a 5 star motel.

Owner Barbara is nice and charming and will work with you to accomodate your needs. I will definately go back there again. Can't wait till next skiing season!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank mymako
Albany, NY
Reviewed 11 January 2010

I spent one night at the magic view motel with 3 friends (all mid-20s) on January 9th. We were looking for a cheap place to stay, and were very happy. This motel is less expensive than others in the area, which means that the room was a bit small, there was a shower but no bath, and the tv was small and only had 13 channels. However, it was clean, warm, and comfortable. There is a game room in the basement with a bench to tune skis on, a pool table, ping pong table (net was damaged), board games and a couch where we spent an enjoyable hour. During ski season, a simple yet delicious breakfast is included. It is cooked to order, as the motel is too small to have a buffet. We paid $107 for a room with a double bed and a bunk bed (two twins) for a cost of $28 per person. Stratton mountain is 20 minutes away. There are a few restaurants 2 miles away in Londonderry. We were able to connect to high speed internet, but I'm not sure where the signal came from.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank Jessica Y
philadelphia
Reviewed 21 January 2008

I took my boyfriend and his little brother skiing for the New Year. I did my shopping around and since I do not like to rely on pictures I call every location that seemed to be reasonable. I picked Magic motel based not only on price but the attitude of the people who answer the phone. When we arrived my man’s little brother realized he forgot his ski pants. We asked the landlord about where we can get any ski pants. Without a hesitation she offered us her sons own pants since there was no sense to buy new ones for 2 days. She also insisted that she will wash them first. The motel rooms were very cozy and clean with only 2 miles distance to the local Magic resort. They also advised us to go to the Magic Mountain since my man never skied. Since this is the resort mostly for the locals it has reasonable price, it’s less crowded, and is safer regarding teaching someone how to ski. Overall we were tremendously pleased with all the genuine welcoming approach we got from the Magic-family owned business. We will never forget these warm, good hearted, and hardworking people and can’t wait to come back again. Thank you!

• Liked — Wood scent, cleanliness, privacy, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Bathrooms need shelves
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank martinalecki60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Londonderry
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort
#3 of 3 in Londonderry
The Upper Pass Lodge
The Upper Pass Lodge
#1 of 4 in Londonderry

Been to Magic View Motel? Share your experiences!