My boyfriend and I were looking to get away for a few days, and the Upper Pass Lodge proved to be the best possible place to do that!
We found out about the Upper Pass Lodge from Living Social, where we scored a really great deal. It was a low price for a two night stay, and it came with a bottle of wine and a picnic a gratis, so we figured we'd give it a try! We got there at 9 pm, and were greeted by Sharee, who I believe was the manager. She was quick, helpful and polite, and even offered to open the kitchen for us to grab dinner.
The room was very clean and spacious. The decorations are a bit outdated, if you care about that sort of thing, which we do not, but everything was very well taken care of. We upgraded to get a room with a King sized bed and a Jacuzzi tub, which was AWESOME, and super reasonably priced, so do that if you can. The next day we went to breakfast, and Sharee was serving. It was delicious and enormous. I inquired about our picnic, and she informed me that they could have it ready in ten minutes. Wow. (Also, if you're looking for a good hiking spot, Lowell Lake is five minutes down the road and it has a beautiful 3 mile hike and picnic tables to eat at!)
In total, we had three meals from the restaurant, all of which were creative, large, and delicious. My boyfriend is insisting that I especially sing the praises of the spicy maple chicken wings, which were unreal. They have a new dessert on the menu as well--fried noodles with maple syrup and powered sugar, topped with ice cream. Believe me, the diabetic shock is well-worth it.
Overall, we had a fantastic stay. I've worked in the hotel business for six years, and I know what can go wrong, and-nothing-did. The customer service was perfect; Vince was friendly, the chef was great, Sharee was accommodating. They made us feel like VIP the whole time we were there, which was so kind of them given the low price we paid from the start.
I'd give 6 stars if I could! We'll be back soon! :]
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AFFORDABLE & PET-FRIENDLY! Year Round Lodging with onsite Restaurant and Bar at the base of Magic Mountain in Southern Vermont. The Upper Pass Lodge returns slope side affordable lodging and outstanding customer service to one of Southern Vermont's founding ski areas. Whether business, pleasure, or family get-aways bring you here, we know your stay will be perfect. Budget-conscious travelers love our darn comfortable places to hang your hat after the day's big adventures. For those traveling with a crew in tow, we're also a great place for you; where kids can be kids, pets can be well-behaved pets, and everyone is welcome. The Lodge is conveniently located at the base of the Magic Mountain Ski Area. There is nothing like the convenience of staying with us and walking to the lifts (and all year-round things Magic has to offer) at Magic Mountain Ski Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your The Upper Pass Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge Vermont Hotel Londonderry
- The Upper Pass Lodge Londonderry, Vermont