“Excellent hospitality, clean and near everything!!”

The Upper Pass Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Londonderry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights for a relaxing getaway, the room was clean and comfortable. This lodge is perfectly located near everything!! Close to the lovely Lowell Lake where you can take a nice 3.5 miles hike, beautiful scenery. Best breakfast muffins home made every morning!! The bar area serves all Vermont drinks which is a nice touch.
The owner, "Vince" was very friendly and talkative it made us feel like home, he is so friendly, great hospitality...and offered up his personal cell # if anything was needed, he was great at giving advice for where to eat as well as things to do in the area, also you has plenty of brochures and maps of the area with all the places of interest around. The Country Stores are amazing!! It brings you back in the good old times, we drove around the area and bought fresh cage free duck eggs for $3 a dozen!! We are definitely coming back in the summer time!! Can't wait!

Rossy and Nino.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 March 2014

A few friends and I decided to make a last minute trip to Magic mountain and luckily found this place to stay. We couldn't have asked for a better time there. It was one of the greatest 24 hours I've had in a while! Vin who runs the place, is phenomenal. He is extremely friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. The whole place is clean and cozy, and the food was surprisingly very good! I highly recommend this place to anyone, and we all look forward to coming back during any season!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is an awesome place to stay. It is a hotel that feels like a bed and breakfast! Our family of 4 have stayed here 10 nights this year so far between both summer and winter. First off Management (Vince) and his staff are incredible!!! Vince runs this place top notch and is very passionate about creating a excellent experience for all. He joins in on conversations and makes introductions between guests. There is a nice central area with a fireplace and small bar that all the families gather. Kids that don't even know each other are friends in no time, as well as the parents sharing in the passion of Magic Mountain and ski conversations.
Some of the the best points are:
-Vince and his staff
-The atmosphere and clientele this attracts
-The food (Try the Bacon Cheeder soup and the steak..)
-Clean
-The bar and Vermont Beer, and Spirits
-Proximity to all the major mountains
-Proximity in the summer to summer fun
-Family friendly
-Pet friendly (The kids love the variety of dogs) Don't forget to tell Vince's dog he is just a Pug:)

Enjoy your stay at the Upper Pass-

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The Upper Pass Lodge was amazing. We had never heard of the place nor did we know about Magic Mountain. We usually do the big mountains like Sunday River, but an amazing deal on Living Social helped us make that decision. First off, the place is quaint, relaxed, and perfect for both family getaways and romantic escapes. We did the entire family thing and it was a special weekend for all of us. Half of us skied while the other half lounged and relaxed. The family dog came with us because the entire place is pet friendly. That's a bonus in itself. We stayed in the Dostals room which had three bedrooms and three full baths. Tons of space for our family. When u look at the picture of the lodge it's the giant balcony on the second floor. There is a small bar in the hotel lobby. It looked nice but we honestly didn't make it there because we ended up trekking up the mountain to go to that bar. We did however eat dinner both nights in the lodge restaurant. The food was absolutely amazing and exceptionally priced. It should be in the magazines and is definitely a hidden gem. The waiter was new so he didn't really have the knowledge or experience of serving but the food made you forget about it all and it ended up making for funny conversation later. The manager was Vince and he treated you like a guest in his house. He was awesome and I'm happy to see other reviews complementing him as well because he definitely deserves it. Our family will definitely be coming back. Well worth the drive and more than worth the value. Thanks again Vince and the staff at the Lodge. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Profitreap
Reviewed 21 February 2014

To start this off... My fiancée and I are used to staying in Marriott's and other 5 star resorts several times a month. We got a deal for Upper Pass because we wanted to do a different kind of get away. It honestly does not take much to impress me unlike my fiancée. The minute we checked in I instantly fell in love! It was warm and friendly and everything you could ever expect out of a small lodge. We checked into our room (jacuzzi suite) and could not believe how clean it was (more so than some Marriott's we had stayed at,) it is a little outdated with decorating but the bathroom has definitely been redone! We decided to just gets apps and drinks at the bar that night. The fact that they only serve Vermomt made wine, liquor, and beer is amazing!! We ended up eating at the restaurant there for mostly every meal over the 3 days there. The menu is amazing and so is the food, every dish made was high quality and you can tell there was a lot of time spent on perfecting it!.. The prices are also very reasonable which you don't see often staying at a lodge or hotel! The area that the lodge is located is so convenient as well, less then a 5 minute walk to magic mountain.. We did not have to get in the car once! The 2 things that really stole my heart about this place is that you could bring pets, which we did and Vince. Vince, the general manager was accommodating, helpful, nice, and so much more. It was nice to be able to chat with him at our time there, it really made us feel as if we were making a life long connection. I could ramble on so much more about the charm of this place but you really do have to experience it yourself. We're already planning a weekend in the summer to experience the summer activities there and I truly can't wait!

Room Tip: Room 17- jacuzzi suite
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole G
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have been coming to Magic Mt for over 10 years. That little inn at the bottom always intrigued me so my best friend and I gave it a shot. I'm a former Hotel GM and he is a world class chef we both have been skiing for over 40 years. All I can say is, what a gem! I honestly think the food was the best I ever had in VT and the bed was extremely comfy. The bar was a pleasure with most if not all liquors and wines from VT. The majority of the food is local. The chef is superb! The living room fire was a wonderful way to relax after skiing and dinner. This place is 100% ski in ski out. It's right at the bottom of magic MT, which if you have never been, it's one of the most challenging mountains on the east coast. many call it the "Maf River of Southern VT". You won't find a nicer little place for the money. I can't wait to go back and back.

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms with a parking lot entrance, it makes skiing home more fun.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SkiDuva
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Yes the hotel is dated but the lobby and lounge area is not so much. I thought this place just said cozy. Huge roaring fireplace with leather couches in a warm ambiance. The manager Vince was perfect. He was warm, professional and courteous. We stayed in a family suite in room 7. Nice room on lower level, on the end with a balcony. Family suite it was not but the extra bunk room with extra sink in it allowed for good space for two. It would be tight with 4 Adults but for for a family with 2-3 young kids on a budget it would serve its purpose. There are additional bathrooms in the lobby too. Sure the paint was peeling above my shower. Sure the light switch covers, paint and decor is an older style but man was it CLEAN! I mean clean. I left housekeeping $20 I was so impressed. I have stayed at top hotels and didn't see that kind of clean...baseboards and all. We stayed for two nights and our place was cleaned up while we were gone and restocked with fresh towels and soaps. The towels and sheets were higher quality then the hotel and the beds were really comfortable. Some people had heat issues on their reviews but we did not. Comfortable as selected. I gave it a 5 on my experience for what I paid. Not for what a 5 star standard rating which would be a Ritz-Carlton. The free breakfast is just some small tea cake bites and coffee/tea. No big thing but for the price it was good. They did offer breakfast burritos to grab and go for a couple of bucks but we ate somewhere else. Locally the first night we ate at Jake's in Londonderry at the bar. Great experience and great weekly specials. We had the burger for five bucks and it was amazingly good. The second night we found the restaurant open at the hotel called the Red Slate. Can't believe how good it was. I had the Steak and my co-worker had the chicken with starter salads. All presented like fine dining and house wines were awesome. The two choices of house wines were spectacular. I would stay again in a heartbeat. More expensive hotels in the area would of been a lesser experience and we would of paid double if not triple. Check them out. Its a Magic Mt. cult of sort and it reeks good ole' Vermont charm at its finest.

Room Tip: Room 7 family suite. Two double/queen size beds with door to balcony then a very small room with two...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank skiwindjunkie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Londonderry
Jackson Gore Inn
Blue Gentian Lodge
Blue Gentian Lodge
#2 of 4 in Londonderry
Rose Arbour Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Upper Pass Lodge? Share your experiences!