“Another great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Londonderry
Winter Park, Florida
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We spent a few days at the Inn over New Years. A great experience from the Eagles Lounge to the main dining room and the bar; great job Joe and Pat. The food was great, excellent drinks and a very happy innkeeper for sure. We will continue to frequent the Swiss Inn; our go to place in Southern Vermont!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JPM0713

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wallington, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Close to Stratton and Bromley. The Ritz Carlton it's not. For the price you get a solid, quiet room, great breakfast served to you at the table, not from a buffet. The restaurant has very good food, I liked it and so do a lot of the locals. Beside it's right there. You don't have to drag those tired legs to the car and go looking. Owner is a personality and enjoys company. Stayed there Jan/2012.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Edward M
Woburn, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Decided to get away in early October. Was afraid with leaf season we wouldn't get a room anywhere. I went on line and tried to find hotels in the area were we going hike Stratton. Well, I called a number I thought was for resorts in Stratton Mt. But, I was wrong. It turned out to be Hotels.com - DO NOT BOOK WITH HOTELS.com unless you know exactly where you are going stay and have been there before. The person on the phone must have been on a timer. So, after trying to find me a hotel - we all of a sudden in mid-conversation were cut off. I then called the number back and got someone else. They proceeded to tell me there were NO rooms anywhere in that area. But, found the Swiss Inn - said they had availability. Being nervous now I booked two nights stay. When we arrived at the place and saw how run down it was along with trash around the back and side areas of the building. We did not get a good feeling. We went in and asked to see the room. Let me tell you it was less than "exceptable", old, outdated, run down, musty, mold in the shower, nothing good at all. The beds looked like they were about 50 years old, too.....we turned around and told the clerk we did not like the room and were not going to take it. He said fine. So, now begins the battle of getting a refund. Nope they said I agreed to the contract and had to forgo my payment. I don't understand, why when you arrive at a location and it is NOT as advertised and clearly not kept up/run down - do I have to pay for a service that I did NOT get? I called Hotels.com - they were no help. I called my debit card bank - they couldn't do anything either. So I am taking my situation to the internet to hopefully help some unassuming person to not book at this location and hopefully NEVER use Hotels.com. Terrible, terrible, terrible......Oh, and by the way - we then drove to Stratton Mt. Resorts and got a hotel room for two nights - and those 2 nights were Cheaper than what the Swiss Inn charged me! Don't stay here. Don't use Hotels.com.......Thank You for reading my review. I am sure it was Helpful to all of you!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DoreenMt

Travellers are raving about these Londonderry hotels

Blowing Rock, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

The reviews I've read for this motel have been all over the place--terrible and great. My wife and I stayed there for two nights--October 13, 14, 2013--in leaf season, and found the motel to be a bit run down, but the rooms were clean, the beds good, and the water leaves the bathtub as it should. So the room was average. The breakfast is very good--omlets cooked to order, etc. The host of the inn is a lively personality. We would stay here again if we are looking for a relatively inexpensive room for the night ($99).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Earl D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I spent one night with my friends there. The insides surprised me, pleasant wallpaper of flowers and the decoration is countryside style.The breakfast is good and I like the muffin so much. Cozy and good value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Banana L
New Lenox, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I had read reviews, knew it was a gamble at the low price, but our room was still a disappointment. Had a very worn appearance and the bathroom could have been cleaner. The restaurant helped up my rating, because we did enjoy dinner and the breakfast the next morning. The place had such a forgotten feeling that we will not return if we visit the area again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann R
Sterling, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

At the last minute, we decided to go away for a mini-vacation in So. Vermont. The Swiss Inn was reasonably priced, in a good location, and got good reviews -- so we book it, and were happy we did. The rooms are basic, but very clean. Even though the inn was fully booked, it was quiet. The a/c worked well and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was very good, the restaurant staff are very friendly and accomodating. Although we did not eat dinner at the inn's restaurant, the menu looked good and it was very busy, so we assumed it must be good. We ate at the New American Grille in the center of town -- it was excellent and had fantastic service. Overall, the Swiss Inn was really good ... not fancy, modern, or luxurious ... but really good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SDrogo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Londonderry
Manchester View
#2 of 3 in Londonderry
The Upper Pass Lodge
The Upper Pass Lodge
#1 of 4 in Londonderry

Been to Swiss Inn? Share your experiences!