“Great inn for the price”
Review of Swiss Inn

Swiss Inn
Swiss Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Londonderry
granby, ct
“Great inn for the price”
Reviewed 14 October 2008

We enjoyed our stay here very much. The full breakfasts, eggs and bacon, or french toast, or pancakes, were excellent. The waitstaff was very friendly. They always seated us at a window where the birds were feeding. Nice piano music playing in the background. We stayed here for dinner one night and the Swiss food was superb, especially the dessert fondue. The room was a little small. Also, there was no clock radio, and no rack to hang your towel except in the shower. However, it was centrally located to where we wanted to visit: Bromley Mountain, Weston Priory, Stratton Mountain, Hapgood Pond, and Hildene, Robert Todd Lincoln's Home in Manchester. There was a nice pond behind the inn, and also a tennis court next to the inn. Overall a good price for the money, $85 a night including the breakfasts.

• Liked — Great breakfasts and dinners, breakfast was included, and friendly waitstaff.
  • Disliked — Small room, no clock radio, and only one towel rack in the shower in the bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed 31 March 2008

We have stayed at the Swiss Inn for the past two years to celebrate New Years.
The rooms are clean, staff is courteous and friendly and the innkeepers are great.
Cocktails in the bar before dinner are always and experience, great drinks at a fair price and no charge for the entertainment! The dinner menu has something for everyone; the portions are large and fairly priced.
It's not the Four Seasons but neither are the rates.
Close to the slopes, short drive to area attractions and attentive innkeepers and staff makes for a happy stay.
Swiss Inn is a great value.

• Liked — Innkeepers, Locatio, Staff, Food and lounge
  • Disliked — Rooms contain an eclectic mix of furniture, not the Four Seasons but not Four Seasons rates either! It’s fine.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends
syracuse, N>Y>
Reviewed 26 February 2008

We stayed @ Swiss Inn 2/21-2/23 for a (3) ski weekend. Great time skiing @ Okemo and Stratton(2). Got a very bad vibe at check in when we waited about ten minutes for someone to come to front desk and when one of the owners did finally did come out they acted like they were inconvienenced because they had to leave the restaurant/kitchen to check us in. Very short and unfriendly. The rooms were poorly furnished but clean. Very soft/lousy mattresses made for tough night sleep. Had problem with breakfast not starting
until 7:30am since we wanted to be on slopes for first run. They should have some type of breakfast for skiers who want to get to the slopes early. Bottom line, my main problem was that when I booked this hotel, it came with $89. (2) day discount passes for Stratton. When I went to purchase them from the owner, he sais they had to be reserved 48 hors prior. Now I booked my reservation thru the same owner, verified the cost of the discount passes, he said they were available. Never a mention of any 48 hour requirement or I would have reserved them right then. Again, he acted like he could care less about the problem and basically said it was my fault for not knowing. He refused to make any attempt to rectify the problem. I ended up spending approx. $220. extra because of this. I guess my main problem was with his lack of caring and lack of any attempt to help his paying customer out. I own a business and I would never treat my customers in such a way...especially if it was my fault. Anyways, great weekend of skiing but would NEVER give this place another dime of my money.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — owners
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank mikebuffett
Hopkinton, MA
Reviewed 14 July 2007

My husband and I make at least 3 trips each year to VT to attend musical programs at the Weston Playhouse. We discovered the Swiss Inn when the place we usually stayed was unavailable, and it has become our motel of choice. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and it is very quiet. But what we like best of all is the friendly atmosphere. Each afternoon there are snacks in the lounge, and many guests congregate there and have a drink at the bar, snack on cheese and crackers, and enjoy visiting with each other. The Inn's owner, Joe, serves as bartender, and his quick wit and conversation makes for a fun time. In cold weather, the gas fireplaces make for cozy places to sit, relax and enjoy a book or get together with your fellow travelers.
A stay at the Inn includes a free, full breakfast, which offers many selections, chosen from the menu. Dinner at the Inn's restaurant is superb! Though the prices are a bit on the high side, it is definitely worth a try!

• Liked — Friendly atmosphere and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MACarrie
brick,nj
Reviewed 26 January 2007

I reserved a room on line for 2 nights. On the web site, you were shown which rooms were available and at what rate. I never got a confirmation number and after 3 days, I e-mailed the owners. I received an E-mail stating that their policy for this particular weekend was a 3-night minimum and they would rent us a room for Fri and Sat since they had guests coming in on Sunday for the week. I had originally reserved for Sat and Sun so this was unacceptable and I told them so. They responded by sending me a list of other hotels in the area that I could call. I was very angry. This is not the way to treat your customers.

Stayed January 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Londonderry
Manchester View
#2 of 3 in Londonderry
The Upper Pass Lodge
The Upper Pass Lodge
#1 of 4 in Londonderry

Been to Swiss Inn? Share your experiences!