“Coffee place and then some” 4 of 5 bubbles

Java Baba
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Deer Isle, Maine
“Coffee place and then some”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a great place for coffee in the morning, or a soup and sandwich for lunch. They never disappoint.

Visited January 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“It could be so good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is really the only sandwich place in Ludlow (other than Subway. Ew). The menu is quite extensive, but most sandwiches I have eaten do not taste fresh. The last time I got a turkey sandwich, they turkey seemed stale. My favorite sandwich was the saga bleu (turkey, honey mustard, blue cheese), but I don't get it anymore because of the turkey. They recently started serving pizza, which is actually decent. The coffee and coffee-based drinks are just allright. I feel like the decor needs an update and the restaurant could be better maintained. Often the floor is trashed, the trash bins are full, the carpet is dirty and stained. There aren't many places to choose from in Ludlow, so I end up going here a lot, but I am often disappointed in my experience.

• Visited March 2014
White Plains, New York
“Sandwiches to Go!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Upon Suggestion of Michael from the Andrei Rose Inn in Ludlow, Vt we picked up sandwiches for our drive home. Delicious Vermont Turkey sandwich with stuffing and cranberry sauce and what could be wrong with a salami, provolone sandwich? Nothing. We'll be back next visit long before it's time to drive home.

Visited January 2014
Boston
“Breakfast Blues”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We went out for breakfast with high hopes - after all Ludlow is in Vermont and there should be plenty of good wholesome breakfast food.The name Java Baba sounded as if it might be the place for something good like freshly made oatmeal. It was well rated on Trip Advisor!!! What did they offer us - a prepackaged container to which milk could be added. I asked for a breakfast menu. The counter server, a surly unfriendly guy, who might be the owner, or should be fired if he isn't, pretended he was shocked. He never gave me one. I asked if they could do cooked breakfasts. Again, seeming to think the question ridiculous, he asked what I wanted. I said; " eggs," to which he replied: " fried or scrambled." I asked if he had vegetables and he replied: "what do you want? We settled on tomatoes.The coffee selections were on a board on the wall and could not be read because they did not have the lights on. When I finally got my double expresso, it was no bigger than a single - We won't be going there again. Poor food and expensive.

• Visited December 2013
New Jersey
“Where winter locals head for good, quick coffee and sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

My sister owns a condo at Okemo and is a coffee fiend - this is where she goes. I love the sandwich selection and the fact that you can eat there or get it to go. Easy parking doesn't hurt either. I love the quaint feel of downtown (vs this little vt-style strip mall) but if your goal is "good, fast, go" then head here instead.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Java Baba? Share your experiences!