“Best Ski Trip Ever! Stayed in C-106 at Okemo Mountain Lodge”

Mountain Lodge at Okemo
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Ludlow
New York City, New York
“Best Ski Trip Ever! Stayed in C-106 at Okemo Mountain Lodge”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed at Okemo Mountain Lodge in the C-106 condo and it was amazing! You r not just Slopeside here, u are RIGHT ON the beginner bunny slope! We literally skied in and out our back door right to the lifts! The place was immaculate, extra towels and tp was appreciated :-) and My hubby was pleasantly surprised with the HDTV and wifi enabled DVD player! We watched Netflix from our own account! Free high speed wifi too! The kitchen had everything u could imagine along with spices, olive oil, and even Pam cooking spray! The king sized bed was real comfy and there was plenty of extra pillows too. Best part? We could walk to the bar and have a drink, eat great food and listen to live music! There's another bar The Loft with really great food just a short walk too. All in all, we highly recommend this place and we couldn't have had a better time. Slopeside Rental company received us and was easy and hassle free. Can't wait to come back next year!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ArmoraD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Eatontown, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 March 2013

First of all, this is not just slopeside, it is at the base next to rentals, shop, ski school, everything. That's what makes it great to my thinking. No moving the car. Just a short stroll to a real lift. Many so called slopeside lodgings are on some back trail that takes forever to get back to your unit. We ate lunch every day in ours because it took no more time to get to it than the cafeteria. However, if you don't want to be right there with your sliding glass door facing the arrival area for everyone at this base (Okemo has two others), then look at some of the other condo units. Second, the other reviews had me worried. So, before we unloaded the car, I checked the bed and the cleanliness. NO PROBLEM. The bed was a comfortable king in a large bedroom. The kitchen and bathroom were immaculate. The only thing I noticed was the mirror over the fireplace was a bit smeary. Whatever. Later, I found that the fireplace was very sooty and reported it to management. The unit was roomier than condos I have stayed in other areas except the bathroom was small. We had two flatscreen televisions with extensive cable plus the owners had left some books and movies. The appliances were cheap units but functional. As one other reviewer said, why pay for top of the line for a rental unit? The microwave was a tiny, very slow one. The staff was delightful from front desk to cleaning staff. It snowed a little every day. The mountain is extremely well groomed and we had a great time. We did use the Spring House once (pool and fitness center). Unfortunately, that does entail driving to the other major base but once there, it is a very nice facility with all the amenities. We only used the hot tub but the kiddie pool, regular pool, handball court, exercise class, etc. looked very nice. Yes, Shaw's (full supermarket) is just minutes away by car. A couple of important notes, the first floor is more expensive because you can exit the unit from either the inside hall where your ski locker is or through the sliding glass doors directly to the outside. Buildings A&B's parking is across the road and down a little. You have an assigned parking place there but can load and unload next to the building without problem. Building C is on the other side of the base and has parking next to the building. One last point, these are individually owned units run by a management company. The owners of our unit had a guest book which we left comments in. When reading any reviews, keep that in mind.

Room Tip: Bring kindling! The fireplace works just fine but the wood you get is barely split. I also prefer wo...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NJworldwidetraveler
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Just stayed at Mountain Lodge. My husband and son love being close to the lift but the space itself that we stayed in was so gross. How hard is it to replace a switch plate in a bathroom? I had to look at the yellow urine stains on it every time I sat on the toilet. It was unavoidable. And the kitchen is eternally sticky. Every where you touch has the residue of years to remind you that once a place reaches a certain age, it's just never going to be clean. It's time to go down to the studs and update, for crying out loud. And the maid service that came in while I was enjoying a little me time brought with them the most horrifying towel or sheet that was embedded with my clean towels. I asked what's that? They were a little embarrassed and quickly removed it from the clean towels and said something to the effect Oh that's nothing for you. That's from someone else's room. I didn't say anything in complaint bc I was literally in shock. It was covered in blood. Or something red. Maybe spaghetti sauce? God, please let it be spaghetti sauce. The pull out sofa bed is the most punishing experience you can imagine. However, the mountain itself gets big kudos from my family and it is great to close. Btw, we stayed in the same place last year and I somehow blocked it out and re-upped for this past weekend. So shame on me. But NEVER again. Maybe writing this review will make me check out Kettlebrook for next time.

I wouldn't be leaving such a negative review if it weren't for the fact that the mountain is great, the folks who run it are kind and attentive (I bet they never set foot in Mountain Lodge) and I consider the sport of skiing to be so important. I'm hoping they see it and make some improvements bc people are going to stop skiing. Plain and simple. It's not snowing anymore folks and you need to give people more of a reason to come out to see you. This gave me a reason to not come all there way there anymore. I want Okemo and its resort to survive and thrive.

Room Tip: NO elevator so choose your floor carefully. I've never stayed on first floor bc it's more e...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank skimomwestportct
okemomountain, Director of lodging at Mountain Lodge at Okemo, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. The units at the Mountain Lodge at Okemo are all privately owned and we work with the owners in trying to maintain a high standard. Okemo Mountain Resort is the rental agent for many of these residences, but we do not manage all of them. If you would be so kind as to confirm which unit you stayed in, we will certainly take a closer look. If this is one of our units we will look much further into this. We very much appreciate your positive comments on the staff and overall resort experience.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Just returned from a stay in the Mountain Lodge Condos at Okemo. Four of us stayed in Condo B205 which was quite spacious. There was a fully loaded kitchen with ample counter space, living room with pull-out sofa, decent sized bathroom, and king bed in the bedroom. Being less than a 1 minute walk from the lifts was fantastic. That being said, given the price and condo quality I do not feel it was as good of a value as I had been expecting.

The fireplace had a wood-buring fireplace which, although conceptually nicer than a gas powered one, ends up being more of a hassle given you need to get the wood, start it, and work harder to maintain it since you are starting without a buildup of ash and only have little fire-started bricks, not a cape-cod lighter. At around 4:30 pm (when most people get off the slopes), there seemed to be no hot water for quite a bit of time, which was definitely a downer given all you want to do after a long day of skiing is freshen up in a warm shower. Also, the pullout sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable. I highly recommend they update the mattresses, or invest in plush mattress covers. After two nights on it both our backs started to hurt. Unlike some of the other reviewers, both TVs in our unit were very modern flat screens (with blue-ray players), and the condo even came with a nice selection of DVDs to watch. In the kitchen, the sink was equipped with a dispose-all which was a great additional feature especially following meal preparation. There is a Shaw's Supermarket about a 3 minute drive away, were we were able to get all of our groceries for meals in the condo.

Regardless of our slight misgivings with certain features of the condo, everyone had a great time and enjoyed the skiing and overall slope-side experience at Okemo. The Mountain Lodge Condos really did have a great location and while I believe some of our concerns could easily be addressed (especially the sofa bed) none of them were great enough to keep us from going back.

Room Tip: The ground floor units allow one to walk right off their patio onto the slopes. The second floor uni...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
okemomountain, Director of Lodging at Mountain Lodge at Okemo, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts (good and bad). We will certainly share them with the owner of this unit. Many of our guests appreciate the ambiance of the real fireplaces, and our goal is to keep each unit fully stocked with wood and fire starters. We apologize if your unit was not fully-stocked and in the future, please do contact our front desk if you need more assistance starting your fire. We will also work with the owners to upgrade their sofa bed.

We are unable guarantee specific units, yet we do our best to honor specific requests. I am sure the owner of this unit will appreciate your positive comments.

Thank you again.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 February 2013

beds like rock, pillows worse...ski school literally outside the window = no nap after racing...somebody else's hair on my 'fresh' towel and nobody is sweeping the corners of the bathroom floor...not worth being close to the slope to stay in squalor

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MelOnWheels
okemomountain, Director of Lodging at Mountain Lodge at Okemo, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Thank you for staying with us again this past weekend, and while we are disappointed to hear your concerns, we very much appreciate that you took the time to share them with us.

There is no excuse for the cleanliness issues and we have issued you a refund on your credit card for $145. Regarding the bedding, I have also just spoken with the owners, who have agreed to install a new bed. We will also look into replacing the pillows as well.

There is not much we can do with respect to the location of ski school, as it is a very popular option for our guests in that location. We do, however, have other slopeside lodging options to consider, which are farther up the mountain, and tend to be quieter than the base lodge area.

Thank you again for your raising your concerns. We hope the race went well for you and we see you again at Okemo.

Director of Lodging, Okemo Mountain Resort

Travellers are raving about these Ludlow hotels

Newburgh, New York
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We stayed in the Okemo Mountain lodge and it was a clean but dated condo....all you really need and priced well. Beds were horrible...!!!!!!! Like sleeping on plywood....
I addresssed the issue with the lodge when leaving.
All together a nice week of skiing...cant beat the hill and the groooming was fantastic.
Will return but will try another condo....putting us on the 2nd floor with all the vacancy was
a little odd as well.....
will try a private condo next time.....other that a great time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Furniture is old - prices are way too high - looks tired - would Never recommend it to any one . The service is slow and not well organized in the restaurants and breakfast is in a cafeteria . The TV 's in the rooms are from 1980 and the thin walls in the rooms are from the old 1970's condo's .

• Stayed January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludlow
Jackson Gore Inn
The Pettigrew Inn
The Pettigrew Inn
#3 of 7 in Ludlow
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort

Been to Mountain Lodge at Okemo? Share your experiences!