“Best Snow Grooming in the NE”

Mountain Lodge at Okemo
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Ludlow
East Quogue, New York
“Best Snow Grooming in the NE”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have never had a bad ski trip to Okemo and I have been coming here since I was a child. The snow grooming is always top notch. The staff is friendly and willing to help. Ski Instructor Chris Carter was excellent and spent much time with the family teaching them to ski.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Da84bennett1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This was the second time my husband and I stayed at the Okemo Mountain Lodge. The location can't be beat. You're right in the heart of Okemo and for 2 people it is a perfect amount of space. Our room had everything we needed, clean kitchen with all the utensils, dish washer, fridge and clean bathroom. We even had a modernized flat screen TV which was a step up from our stay 2 years ago. Although the TV in the bedroom was not working. The fireplace was a nice touch. Everything was clean, but the overall feel of the room just felt tired right down to the bedding. The quilt looked like it has been there since the 90's and the blanket underneath was very warn and had snags in the fabric which just made me feel I was sleeping in a dirty bed. We learned last time to bring our own pillows and blankets. I know the point of the ski trip is to ski and we did exactly that and Okemo is a fantastic place to do so. I just wish that at the end of the day I was more psyched to return to the room and not feel like I overpaid.

Overall: Clean room that was perfect for a ski getaway, just needs to be updated. Fabulous location.

Room Tip: Bring your own bedding! If you don't mind walking up a flight of stairs the 2nd and 3rd floors a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hearttropical
Haddon Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 January 2014

great place for long ski runs and beautiful scenary. We arrived on a snowy Friday morning and had a great day skiing Saturday, despite a temperature of 0. Friendly families, nice lodge, and great stores in town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank leslie k
washington
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Participated in a wedding here in fall 2013. The location is lovely and the place has a range of activities, aside from skiing. Rooms are pretty standard, nothing remarkable. That brings us to the wedding dinner. Without question, the worst food I have ever eaten. The appetizers included raw veggies, perfectly fine. The main meals - choices of meat, fish, pasta - were all simply awful, really beyond my capacity to describe. If you are thinking about a wedding here (very expensive), and you care about the food, look elsewhere. For a place to stay in the Ludlow area, off season, it's perfectly decent and has activities like a zip line and other stuff kids will like. The hotel aspect gets 3.5 stars; the food gets zero stars.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bayarddc

Travellers are raving about these Ludlow hotels

Boston
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed one night in August 2013 with a bunch of girlfriends. We booked a room directly with the Okemo Mountain Lodge, but we were actually staying in a small condo owned by a family (apparently rented out by the lodge when not in use by the owner). There were a couple of family pictures in frames in the living room - just enough to remind you to be respectful because you're in someone's space but not so much that you feel uncomfortable being there. Our unit in the C-building was perfect for us - a large bedroom with 2 queen beds, pull-out couch in the living room, large bathroom, and a stocked kitchen. Very clean, comfortable, and homey. Plenty of extra towels, shampoos, etc. in the bathroom. Even a real fireplace! The location is literally right on the slope - we walked out the patio doors from our living room and were right on the grass at the top of the chair lift. Each room/condo appeared to have a separate ski storage room out in the hallway, so you don't have to bring your wet stuff inside.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carrie B
Boston
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband surprised me with a getaway weekend at Okemo for our anniversary. We've both skiied Okemo but I wouldn't normally think of it as a summer getaway. I was wrong - it was great! The area, of course, is beautiful in the summer, but there's also a lot to do. We took an 19 mile bike ride (Salt Ash Loop, starts about 15 minute drive from the resort) through gorgeous scenery, took a refreshing dip in a crystal clean lake at the base of Killington, and then came back to the resort and zip-lined - $20 discount when you stay there. So fun! Food was great - lots of local treats like berries and cheese. We booked the "romance weekend" which included massage, gift basket in the room and dinner one night. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Don't worry if you don't get "mountain view." We technically had a parking lot vie...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuzanneH443
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 29 May 2013

For us was the first time in the snow, and in a skii.
We love every minute of it!
the lodge was very good and on the slopes!
so for us beginners, it was all perfect!

the only thing is that I found massage to be expensive, for the time and quality of it.

kids club was great, my kid loved it... hope it was longer hours and bit cheaper, so I cound have use it for more days!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludlow
Jackson Gore Inn
#4 of 7 in Ludlow
Timber Inn Motel
Timber Inn Motel
#1 of 6 in Ludlow

Been to Mountain Lodge at Okemo? Share your experiences!