Overall, this is a good place to stay if you want to ski Okemo for a few days. This mountain has a good variety of slopes and is very good for beginner skiiers. Several nice long green runs.
We went a little late in the year (Mar 23-28), and the snow was slushy. Some runs were also closed - but there was never a wait on a lift line. I think a little earlier in March would be a nice time to go -- not as cold as Jan/Feb, but plenty of snow.
Let me share a few specifics of what we liked/didn't like.
- Room was nice, clean, and had a full kitchen.
- Couch was comfy, as were the beds.
- Facilities at Okemo are nice - were able to quickly rent equipment and get to the slopes.
- Lunch at the lodge was very good and fresh.
- Use of the facilities at the Spring House. Nice hot tub, pool, and racketball courts.
Not so good things:
- No elevator. We were on the third floor.
- Staff at check-in time (in the morning) were mostly curt and unfriendly. (The guy in the afternoon shift was very polite.)
- Not a lot do at night. Maybe during peak season the lodge provides some additional entertainment. There were no activities when we were there.
- Internet did not work in our room. Had to go down the hall or out onto the balcony to get a decent signal.
- Could not reasonably book a room for Saturday night - Wednesday night, because they want you to stay at the weekend rate for Fri & Sat nights. The rate I was given for Sun - Wed night was nearly half of the quote they gave me for Sat - Wed night. (Poor policy for off-season when you have lots of vacant rooms.)
One really crummy thing:
- Parking. It is not at the lodge -- it is in the general skiier parking lot. On the weekend, I could not even get into my "reserved" parking spot because they parked other skiiers cars so close that you couldn't even turn into it. Also, the parking lot was a mud bath. A good 2 inches of mud everywhere, and lots of holes filled with muddy water. Yuck! I'm sure this is an icy mess when it is colder. It would be nice if they would pave their parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great home base, this lodge is located right in the middle of Okemo's on-mountain community. Each one-bedroom residence has a deck and four-person breakfast bar. Just a few steps away you'll find the lifts, Snow Sports Shop, Sitting Bull Restaurant & Bar, Penguin Playground Day Care, and the Snow Stars Center. Accessible to everything, including complimentary access to the new Spring House fitness and aquatic center at Jackson Gore.Free Wireless Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mountain Lodge at Okemo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Okemo Mountain Hotel Ludlow
- Mountain Lodge At Okemo Ludlow, Vermont