“What I think you can expect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ludlow
Green Mountain at Fox Run
Reviewed 15 November 2012

What did Green Mountain at Fox Run do for me? What did I expect for the $10,000 I paid to attend their retreat? Honestly, I can't even begin to list all that I gained from my four week visit. My number one goal was to drop my blood sugar numbers.....by the middle of the second week my numbers were below 100 and I am still maintaining my numbers at home. Number two, trying to drop the numbers on the old scale...they try to teach you that those are not the numbers you need to be looking at but that was number two on my list so it was important to me. I left ten pounds lighter and have added to that number. Number three, feel better in my clothes. I am very happy with the 11" I lost over all before I left. Number four, relearn about what I should be eating and how to prepare meals for when I got home. Totally achieved that! The nutrition, food behavior and motivation, and the weekly cooking class met my needs. If I get lost I refer to my notebook or look through my cookbook. A meal plan is my best friend. Finally the number five on my list, get off the sofa and do something, anything. Done. I hear 'something is better than nothing' and 'the pace is my pace' in my head all the time. I will admit I am not up to par on arranging my daily exercise but it is not because they did not give me the tools or opportunity to try out several types and levels of exercise. I mean it was the last thing on my list after all.
What did I expect when I got there? I wasn't sure. I visited September 29 to October 27, 2012. There were anywhere from 16 to 22 women during the four weeks I attended. I was surprised that at 64 I was sort of the middle high in the age group. At 5'3" around 200 pounds I was still around the middle in physical size. The attending ladies were students, housewives, retirees, and doctors and lawyers. This might not be information you are interested in but I was curious about where I would fit in. I was totally surprised by the number of women who were returning for a week or two 'tune up'. Later I realized that the some of the returnees were finishing up previous visits that they were not able to complete. But the other ladies just loved their experience so much they just had to come back and recharge. I loved the pool!!! It is off campus but not far at all.
THE STAFF!!! I can't imagine anyone not getting what they need here. You get what you put into any experience. BUT these very qualified women were able to get me to reach and give more to my self than I thought I could do. I even learned to hula hoop--who knew. I am not a walker or hiker. I was still able to workout 2 to 3 hours per day during the week in the other workout classes they offer. This is from a total couch potato!
I thought the facilities met every need I was looking for. I was in a very comfortable private room that faced Mount Okemo. I did not have a car. I might consider trying to rent one if I go back. But the ladies with cars are always inviting others to join them on any outings they might be planning.
The EXTRAS?! FRIENDS--from EVERYWHERE!! Self confidence building out the wazoo.
Let's see. So I made my five goals that I had set. I was comfortable, felt very secure, had YUMMY meals, had beautiful scenery , and my room was cleaned every day. There was a very knowledgeable office staff on call and answered my every question. The teaching staff helped me help myself more than I ever imagined. AND I made oodles of friends! What more are you asking for a weight loss, get me exercising and educate me retreat?!
Do I recommend Green Mountain at Fox Run---YES!!!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor facing Mt. Okemo. Great location. Noise above my room was not an issu...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank MC64_12
ahwayler, Owner at Green Mountain at Fox Run, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

I'm so glad to hear our staff provided you with a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Best,

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I attended Green Mountain in Sept 2012. WOW! What an amazing experience. I did not know what to expect, but I wanted a "change" in my life. What I got was lots of wonderful information, an opportunity to meet wonderful women who like myself were looking to change for the better, and 1 week of getting to know and love the woman I am. I learned to "Live in the moment", eat mindfully and spend "me" time without the guilt. I loved every minute of it. The staff was amazing, the program was a great fit, and the facility was beautiful. I wish I could have stayed another week. I am planning my next trip as we speak. To all of you who needs some time away for yourself with no distractions......Visit Green Mountain, it will be a life changing trip.

Room Tip: Housekeeping services daily.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Sonia,

So happy to hear you got the "change" in your life you were looking for. Thanks for your words.

Best,

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I attended Green Mountain from 9/15 to 9/22/12. I wanted a place where I could grow/learn/and replenish myself. I found much more. I also found new friends, respect, laughter and a feeling that I am not alone in a journey that so many share. The staff was understanding and fun. The participants worked hard and played hard and I left filled with knowledge and a new respect of myself. This program and facility is awesome and I am planning my next visit. I will travel from the West Coast to the East Coast with no hesitation...it is that good. We all owe it to ourselves & those we love to be the best we can be. Green Mountain helps us attain this goal. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shannon C
ahwayler, Owner at Green Mountain at Fox Run, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback and sharing your experiences at Green Mountain. We're so pleased that the cross-country trip was worth it!
Alan Wayler

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Green Mountain at Fox Run delivered everything it promised, a non-diet approach to heathy eating plus fabulous exercise opportunities both on and off site. Transportation was provided for off site activities which included fun local activities with the townspeople. We attended a free local concert and the fourth of July fireworks. Staff was professiosnal, insightful, and attentive. My single room had a beautuful view of Okemo Mountain and was spacious, clean and comfortable. Ambassoders (3 month volunteers ) were available to answer questions and solve problems on weekends and off hours and were as professional as the paid staff. The same could be said for the student interns. It's been two months since my 2 week stay and I'm still following the new behaviors I learned and Green Mountain keeps me updated with e-mails. I'd return if I needed to, but I think I got what I needed in my two weeks there.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Irene C
ahwayler, Owner at Green Mountain at Fox Run, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Irene, I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and are finding continued success at home. Thanks for the feedback on our ambassadors and interns - we think they're pretty great, too.

All my best,

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Wow, where to start. From all the reviews I expected an older facility, some what run down but with good programs. What I found was a clean, updated, well kept facility which exceeded my expectations in every way. Instruction was top notch, professional and experienced. I am 56 years old and have spent my adult life with personal trainers. The trainers here were equal if not better than any I have had. Their modifications for my shoulder and knee limitations were perfect.
Food was great and they made substitutions or additions when I asked. It was the best "Me" vacation I have ever had. It was a break from my normal routine and heaven having someone else prepare my meals that were healthy and delicious. All I had to do each day was decide how to spend my day. What I did was exercise, eat, hike, go to classes on interesting topics and meet other intelligent, thoughtful caring women. It doesn't get better than that. I hope to go back in 2013.

Room Tip: I did the triple so I could afford to stay two weeks. Worked for me and I met two wonderful women I...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank BarbaraDillonBeach

Barbara,

Thanks so much for your feedback. We strive to make sure every woman receives a very personal experience at Green Mountain, and I'm so pleased to hear you received the modifications and options you needed to make your stay here a success.

All my best,

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I attended Green Mountain in the June of 2011 as a 22-year-old female battling with binge eating disorder. As I searched high and low for the perfect place to help me turn my life around, I fortunately stumbled across Green Mountain and in four weeks the program helped me change my outlook on food, exercise, and life in general. Even though a lot of women who attend the program are originally looking for a quick fix to shedding some pounds, Green Mountain is about so much more than weight loss. I know that was my intention as I surfed the internet late last May but as I read the information on the website and then sat through the classes, I realized weight loss was going to be a healthy benefit of changing my current patterns.

For four weeks I had nothing and no one else to worry about except for myself which allowed me the space and time to re-learn who I was, what I liked, and why I was using food as a coping mechanism. Along with therapeutic alone time, insightful classes, and tiring yet powerful body movements and workouts, you are given the opportunity to add more to your daily schedule (i.e. behavioral sessions, personal training sessions, health sessions with a dietician). I personally took full advantage of the behavior sessions with Darla Breckenridge. The bond I was able to form with her was unlike any other client-therapist relationship I had attempted to be a part of prior to my visit at Green Mountain. We still keep in touch through our phone sessions and I am one of her biggest advocates in terms of her style, demeanor, tactics, and love.

Green Mountain's focus is on how we, as busy, stressed, confused, or even self-loathing women can turn our focus from self-sabotaging with food to nurturing ourselves with other forms of healthy comfort. The program is not about weight loss, but about self-respect gain. I do think it's relevant to mention for those of you wondering, that I have lost a substantial amount of weight since attending the program as a healthy "side effect" of starting the journey by unraveling the pain in my heart, the dilemmas in my head, and the demons I had surrounding food. Since I left Green Mountain, there have been times of indulgence, times of over eating, and times of food confusion but there have been no binges, no secret eating, and very limited emotional eating. Although I'm not completely freed from food, as it was my best friend for so long, I'm in the transitional stages of eating to live and not living to eat.

Room Tip: You have choices of single rooms, doubles, or triples. I personally stayed in a single and loved my...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
15  Thank Jacki M

We are so pleased that Green Mountain had such an impact on you. We wish you continued health and happiness in your journey. Alan

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Originally I was just interested in taking a retreat to get back into a healthier lifestyle and jumpstart my plan to maintain a much lower weight. I did a lot of research and I chose GM because it seemed to be somewhat less expensive than some of the other programs and it seemed more centered around the program rather than the resort it was located in. The mountain has breathtaking views of beautiful Vermont and I was lucky enough to have a room looking out at Okemo Mountain. The food was wonderful, really a pleasure to sit in the dining room and enjoy gourmet meals. They were able to make allowances for my food allergies and I was surprised at the variety of foods we had to eat while I was there. The staff is amazing. They were enthusiastic and very receptive to questions. The exercise classes were terrific and there were more than just one or two choices for activities. I enjoyed being outside and walking trails with my new friends. I was surprised how many different types of women were here and how many different age groups there were. It made the classes very lively and interesting. I learned so much more than I expected to and made some friends for life. This is an amazing program and if you are ready to make a change in your life, this is the place that can help you do that. It's not a resort type place, but it is very comfortable and the rooms are very clean and functional. The location can't be beat and there are a lot of places to visit in the area. I just had a wonderful time and I'm so grateful to be back on track and taking care of myself the way I always wanted to. I will be coming here again.

Room Tip: You want to be on the Okemo Mountain side.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo