“Green Mountain is a Great Blessing!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ludlow
Green Mountain at Fox Run
Bogota
“Green Mountain is a Great Blessing!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I am very grateful for the privilege that I had to go to Green Mountain twice this year. It is the one of the best life decisions I have made.

Ever since I had bariatric surgery, I struggled with regaining weight. At Green Mountain I found a professional team that advised and helped me to design a comprehensive program to sustain a healthy life. I learned that being healthy is not just about losing weight and that it can be a fun experience. I am going one step at a time and learning good habits.

The location is beautiful and relaxing. The professional team is very knowledgeable, friendly and encouraging. The lodge is very comfortable and spotless. The food is delicious, satisfying and innovative. The program includes even cooking classes!

I also had the opportunity to meet other wonderful participants who were struggling with similar issues. It was encouraging to learn together and make new friends.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank Lil liana M
ahwayler, Owner at Green Mountain at Fox Run, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy that our program was able to help with the lifestyle changes that must accompany bariatric surgery. - Alan

Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
cmh
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have had the blessing of a 2nd stay at Green Mountain at Fox Run. At Green Mountain you will find a healthy living program backed up with expert staff guiding you the distance to a better feeling you both inside and out. It's an immersion program that offers delicious and satisfying meals based on sound nutritional principles taught by registered dietitians. The expert fitness ladies will provide you with physical modifications to accommodate your obstacles to safe exercise. I had several issues, bad feet, bad left knee and an abdominal hernia. I was taught the modifications so that I could exercise safely and learned to become more active despite these issues I formerly viewed as barriers to exercise. Within the first week, I found myself feeling better both physically and mentally. The facility offers a cozy environment that is super clean! I travel a lot staying in high end hotel chains. Green Mountain is spotless and cleaner than any hotel I have ever stayed in. Treat yourself to a Green Mountain getaway. Immerse yourself into a healthy program for you away from life's distractions in beautiful Vermont. Just do it for your well being! Just do it for your body, for your soul, for your loved ones. They will thank you for the rejuvenation. My body did, my mind did, my husband did!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ilovermont2013
North Carolina
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have been to GM twice, and each time I feel better within a week of being there. There is nothing like waking up happy to get out of bed each morning. It must be the combination of food, movement and emotional health. The women that go to GM are really supportive of each other, and talking about hard issues during the classes is easier because of the other women. The food is very good, organic and is different from week to week. GM exposes you to food that you might not normally eat, plus has a healthy amount of familiar food. I found the portion sizes to be good, and some women found that it was too much food. The staff is really great, especially the psychologist(Darla) who has such a way of relating to the women. There are several different types of fitness classes to expose you to something you might not be familiar with. I especially like the walks or hikes, as they call them. The hikes are in beautiful areas with other participants and staff, which makes exercise seem so much better. I remember the thrill I had the first time I could complete the hike at Buttermilk Falls.

This is not a spa retreat, but it definitely should be a considered a retreat. One that recharges your mind, body and spirit.

Room Tip: As a solo traveler, choose a double or triple. You will save on the cost, plus probably make a wonde...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ryansfaolan
Pittsburg, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My recent 4 week stay at Green Mountain (GM) at Fox Run literally saved my life. I had been on so many different DIEts, that my food choices and quantities were totally distorted.
I had spent 8 months researching places to go for some much needed down time, as well as learning about why I was struggling with my weight loss and body image. After a very difficult loss in my life (death of my Mom) I had gained 30 pounds on top of the 70 that I was already struggling with. I knew I couldn't continue on the downward spiral I was on. I needed help, mind, spirit and body.

On Christmas night 2012, my incredibly supportive husband sat with me at the foot of our Christmas Tree, laptop in hand, on the GM website and we submitted the deposit for my stay.
It was the most incredible gift I could have ever received!
If you want a life changing, sensible, applicable, holistic approach to mind, spirit and body, then GM is for you. Don't let your size, shape, age or fitness level stop you from going to GM. The staff will accommodate, modify and adapt so that you can participate in EVERY activity. (I did yoga in a chair!) If you have any heath issues or physical limitations don't let it stop you from coming to this wonderful place. The knowledge, passion and compassion of EVERY staff member at GM is impeccable.

You will learn about nutrition, hormones (how they affect your cravings), stress management and the mind/body connection. The difference between physical and emotional hunger, mindful eating.(FYI: Food is Amazing) You will be exposed to many different types of exercise,(Tia Chi, low impact aerobics, cardio on the fitball, water aerobics, Pilates, Yoga) you'll find what you like and take that knowledge home with you.

Most of all you will realize that the NUMBER on the SCALE DOES NOT DEFINE YOU and that DIETS DON'T WORK!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Joanne C
So glad that you chose to come here and it provided you with what you needed to make important changes to your health. All the best. - Alan
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Excellent process for body and mind!

Spending a couple of weeks in Green Mountain at Fox Run was an excellent choice! I needed some time for myself in a cozy environment. And I really needed to take care of myself (including my body). I got all I wanted and much more. I learned about healthy eating, and the food was great! I learned the power and effect of normal (not crazy) exercise. And I also learned some important tips on nutrition, on how to control stress and on the benefits of meditation. After two weeks I left the place knowing more about very important topics for living a healthy life. And I left leaner and stronger. I am planning to go back (even considering that I live very, very far away). It is worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank maria_angeles_perez
West Hartford
Reviewed 3 June 2013

For the past 4 summers, I have spent 3 weeks at Green Mountain at Fox Run. I wait all year for those 3 weeks. I feel like a kid waiting to go to camp and reunite with my camp buddies and camp staff. My first visit to Green Mountain was incredible. I never realized how "out of touch" I had become with my body, both physically and emotionally. The Green Mountain staff helped to begin to get me grounded and put me on a better path. I learned so much that first stay. I promised myself that I would return the next summer to learn more and see my new friends again. I have returned every summer since and each stay, I leave feeling better than when I arrived.

The best part of Green Mountain are the people. Imagine being with people that you have never met but who do not judge you by your size- whether large or small. Everyone is there to deal with food/weight/body issues and being able to talk freely with people and be comfortable in your own skin is a gift!

The staff is amazing- great food, great exercise, great emotional support, great nutritional information----just an overall perfect experience.

Give yourself a gift and experience Green Mountain. It's a gift of a lifetime!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Lisa A
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My four week stay at Green Mountain at Fox Run was a transforming, valuable experience. I feel energized and renewed, and the ideas I learned are staying with me back in my home environment. At Green Mountain, you have the opportunity to work with outstanding experts who address weight management from several different perspectives. You learn how to eat well balanced delicious and satisfying meals and snacks each day. You relearn how to move your body and gain physical strength regardless of any limitations. You have a chance to reframe your thinking, and develop better, more positive attitudes about yourself. These aspects combine to result in better health that you can palpably feel, after the first week or two. The meals are prepared by experienced, creative chefs. One week provides a quick intensive overview of all the ideas. In two weeks you start to feel the difference. After four weeks you really understand what healthy feels like, and how to carry that forward once you leave. The rooms are attractive, very clean, and comfortable. The setting, in Ludlow Vermont, is peaceful and beautiful all year round. The program attracts women who are seeking a healthier life, and the friendships that develop are a valuable part of the experience. This program is more of a retreat than a spa, and the ideas taught here are rational, scientifically based, and common sense, once you learn them. I so appreciate the time I got to spend here, and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountain.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank wendy n
ahwayler, Owner at Green Mountain at Fox Run, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
We're so glad you now know what healthy feels like. We appreciate your review and sharing your experience.
-Alan