“This mini Vermont Country Store is worth the stop.”

Green Mountain Sugar House
Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Ludlow
Chilmark, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“This mini Vermont Country Store is worth the stop.”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Real local Vermont maple syrup , made on the premises. Try a Maple Creamie ice cream. These are rated the best in Vermont by Vermonters. So many great finds. Store is spotless, products are all high quality and the woman owner makes you feel like family.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Paul I

Newton, Mass
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Soft Serve Maple Ice Cream -- betcha can't eat just one”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Plenty of places in Vermont have regular maple ice cream--but soft serve? I usually don't like soft-serve but the maple flavor complements the soft-serve texture quite well. I ended up having it 3 times in 2 days. (Don't worry--you can work off the calories by swimming in the lake right in back of the store). I'm not sure what "Peter_Gill" is referring to, but the maple syrup prices are quite competitive. I bought a gallon for literally what 3 pints would have cost at Whole Foods...and it's the dark amber, which is what aficionados prefer

Visited October 2013
1 Thank OOBonomist
Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tourist Trap”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Avoid at all costs. The Maple Syrup is twice the cost of syrup anywhere else in Vermont. Everything is overpriced. There is nothing there that will make me go back.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Peter_Gill
Rockville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Marge & Friends”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were treated very nice and the tour was educational. My group loved the shop. and the free ce cream.

Visited August 2013
Rutland, Vermont
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“One of my favorite soft serve ice cream stops”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

When ever I am bicycling Route 100, kayaking Lake Pauline or just passing by in the car I never fail to stop and get an maple ice cream cone (sometimes other maple stuff as well). I am impressed by their good taste in what they offer in local Vermont products.

Visited July 2013