“Nice breakfast spot”

Ranked #6 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This place is a nice stop in the Ludlow area for a breakfast. It has a diner feel but a good selection of breakfast eats. My husband had eggs benedict on a crab cake which he enjoyed. I had blueberry pancakes (they said were small but were as big as my plate!). They were fresh and very filling. The place only accepts cash (luckily there is an ATM on the same road, my husband had to run over to it). The service was friendly and attentive. Overall a nice quick breakfast next to some unique shops.

2  Thank Natalie P
There are newer reviews for The Hatchery

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Been coming for years and years. It's a pre-Okemo family tradition. Lovely breakfast, good service and food. A Ludlow landmark!

1  Thank fairbanks2
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stopped at the Hatchery for lunch and both had excellent meals. I had the turkey oui sandwich with melted brie and honey mustard and it was delicious. My husband had the split pea soup and a sandwich. The turkey sandwich was packed with roasted turkey sliced thin and topped with carmelized onions and the brie. Would definitely eat there again on our next trip through Ludlow.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Ate across the street for breakfast the previous day at Cafe at Delight, which was excellent, and decided to try this place for variety. Bigger breakfast menu than Cafe at Delight, but I prefer the corned beef hash at Cafe at Delight. The Hatchery's corned beef hash is big chunks of corned beef, with diced potatoes, whereas I prefer the more ground up variety. Just my preference, nothing against the Hatchery. Both have good service, both take cash only (or local checks), and pricing is comparable.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Very good omelets and waffles. Service is usually good (we came in late so past morning rush hour). Bring cash as they so not take credit cards.