“Best steak I've ever had”
Review of Sam's Steakhouse

Sam's Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Sam's Steakhouse is closed for the season We will re-open for the 2017-2018 winter season. Steaks, seafood and salad bar are our specialties. Dry aged steaks - porterhouse, bone-in ribeye, bone-in sirloin, filet mignon, hanger steak, and prime rib. Seafood selections include oysters, king crab, hi tuna, scallops, lobster tails, salmon and shrimp.Prefer comfort foods? How about pot roast, meatloaf, mac & cheese, chicken teriyaki and baby back ribs. Always a crowd pleaser is the Surf & Turf Combo. We'll help pair the perfect bottle of wine to complement your dinner. Visit us to enjoy Ludlow's finest steakhouse!
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I've had some great steak at some top places over the years, but the rib eye steak at Sam's Steak House was the very best ever.

The atmosphere is very nice and the staff couldn't be nicer.

We will definitely return here the next time we are in Ludlow.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Very good this time....I have avoided Sam's for a while since I had such a poor experience previously. A new owner is now in place and I have been hearing positive reviews. So, I gave Sam's another try. Party of 8 for dinner in the bar area. We enjoyed excellent shaved prime rib sandwiches, salmon sandwich, stuffed mushrooms, salad bar and burger. With the exception that burger was ordered rare, and came out well. All of us were pleased, satisfied and agreed we would be back soon.

1  Thank julene1
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Spent a few days in the Kingdom of Vermont, enjoying the wonderful foliage and crisp clean air. Decided after a long day of exploring, that steaks would meet our dinner desires. My wife had the hanger steak with caramelized red onion and I had the bone-in ribeye. If I recall correctly the ribeye was dry aged. Our server, Rhonda was very friendly, patient and helpful as she also discussed with us various choices for breakfast in the area. However, back to the dinner.... My wife loved her steak, it was cooked exactly to her order of medium, it was very tender, and delicious were the terms she used to describe her choice. My steak...well what can I say but it was cooked to perfection, ordered medium rare, it was served with the perfectly charred crust and was unbelievably tender and juicy. The meals came with salad bar and either potatoes or rice. The salad bar was very diversified with everything crisp and fresh .... Home baked bread as well. Sam's has a very diversified wine list as well, Wine Spectator awarded, and we chose to have an Estancia Meritage which we felt was a very nice compliment for our steaks. We skipped the dessert as we simply didn't have room for it. Bottom line, this was the best tasting steak I have had in years. You won't be sorry if you stop in at Sam's .... we certainly will when we visit the area again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Even on a holiday weekend, with people literally climbing the walls waiting to be seated, the service (by Amanda and others!) was wonderful, and the food was really good. Excellent salad bar!!!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The food was great. Super salad bar with fresh bread. The food was super tasty and generous. Entrees are priced higher than typical.