“Maybe a gamble” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Maybe a gamble”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was not going to write a review because our experience was so unique, going from so satisfied at one part of the evening to down right scared only a few hours later! We were looking for something to eat in the Ludlow area as we are vacationing here for the week & it seems that so far, most places are extremely over priced. We reluctantly took the plunge (after reading some of the negative reviews that were previously posted, especially about the Board of Health low scores in their past) & went here just before they closed to take some food back to our Hotel. Hostess was very friendly, restaurant looked like many other Chinese restaurants we've eaten at before & food came out in avg time. My chicken teryaki combination platter (comes w/pork fried rice & egg roll) was a huge portion & my Wife's sweet & sour chicken combination was plentiful as well. My Wife was disappointed that her's didn't come with white rice because she doesn't eat pork fried rice (this was not the restaurant's fault as they only give you white rice w/combo platters if you ask for it instead of pork fried). We were both very satisfied with the flavor & portions received. The price was high for what we are used to but affordable for the area. Here is the VERY BAD news. We had nothing else that evening and later went to bed. Sound asleep, I'm woken by the sounds of my Wife getting sick out of both ends (sorry, trying to keep this as clean but clear as possible) for several minutes. I was flat out scared as she's complaining of severe stomach pain, and nothing she's ever felt before. The getting sick from her mouth finally stopped after about 15 minutes off and on but the other end getting sick lasted for about 6 hours off and on. I was extremely concerned for my Son & monitored him closely in those wee hours of the morning. Thankfully my Son nor myself never got sick (we shared my Teryaki & ate the Pork fried rice so we didn't eat anything that my Wife ate and vice versa) and my Wife was o.k. later the next day. Despite enjoying the taste of the food that we ate, we will NOT be repeat customers to that establishment again, for obvious reasons. Buyer beware.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Babylon, New York
“Good quality take out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Found this place driving thru town and didn't have expectations high, but I was surprised.

Everything you want from a take out/quick bite place. It was clean, nicer sit down areas than we have in NY, crispy noodled and dip when you sit down. What more can you ask for?

Food: I had the chicken noodle soup and my husband had the General Tso's chicken. Both were of good quality with real ingredients.

Would i go back? I'd go back because at the end of the day, nothing beats good quality take out. :)

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Oakland, New Jersey
“Underwhelming”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

A better choice for takeout that sit in. The service is ok but nothing special. The food is only average (due to the quality of ingredients) but priced fairly.

Visited February 2014
Ludlow, Vermont
“What you'd expect- in a good way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We frequent Chef Mei typically at lunch, when not too many places in town are open yet. We usually eat there instead of getting take-out. They play Chinese pop music, which we like, and the service is usually good. I recommend the Garlic Chicken if you like something with a little kick.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mary C
Boston, Massachusetts
“A nice find in Ludlow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is comparable to the restaurants in Boston. The ingredients were fresh--the garlic shrimp had PLENTY of garlic, so be forewarned. Good service and a good value.

Visited October 2013