“Great Location, Average Accommodations”
Review of Jackson Gore Inn

Jackson Gore Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ludlow
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband & I stayed in an executive king over MLK weekend. Room was of good size, but there was no way to turn on the gas fireplace and the HDTV was very small, making it touch difficult to see at all times from the bed. Mattress was saggy and lumpy. Paid primarily for the location and convenience because I hate putting on ski boots in parking lots at 20 degrees! Friendly house keeping staff, though!

Enjoyed dinner at the Coleman Brook Tavern. Thanks be to a merciful God, they had a child free dining room, which was very important because this is a place overrun with children (they even congregate at the bar). At one point, two small tots wandered in (uber permissive parenting the norm among this set) and a waitress, bless her heart, immediately swooped down upon them before they could wreak noisy havoc and saw them to their desired destination.

Skiing was, as usual outstanding, for Southern Vermont. They truly do an outstanding job on the snowmaking and grooming.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank bsherdiver
There are newer reviews for Jackson Gore Inn

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We decided upon a ski trip for our 9 (almost 10) year old girls this year for Christmas. We did a ton of research and decided that Jackson Gore Inn looked right up our alley. From our first encounter with the front desk, it was clear that they were there to make our stay a pleasant one. We arrived early and despite being painfully aware of the 5 p.m. check-in, they worked hard to accommodate us and were able to get us in our room hours before the stated check-in time. The room was tastefully decorated, immaculate and gorgeous views from every angle. We could not have been happier with our choice of the loft room. Our experiences with everyone there from housekeeping, front desk, ski rental, etc. was completely professional, friendly and positive. The outdoor pool and Jacuzzi were a ton a fun, and the girls' fingers looked like raisons before they were willing to come in despite it being January! If there was any negative at all, it would simply be with the poorly equipped kitchen. We had very little silverware (had to use measuring spoons to eat yogurt), one wine glass and just simply was ill-equipped. That said, I am sure that we could have any missing items delivered to us if we requested...we just didn't. In short, I would not hesitate to visit Jackson Gore Inn again and do this trip all over again. A++ experience for all of us!

2  Thank Mark K
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We loved staying at the Jackson Gore Inn. Staff was friendly and accommodating and our studio was well equipped and very clean.The Inn bar and atmosphere were great! Only complaints were that the outdoor hot tubs were not fully functional and closed at 9pm (to early) and they need to offer casual family dining after 5 pm. We like to be able to relax with our kids in a casual, cozy atmosphere, enjoy a few cocktails and watch sports on TV after a full day of skiing. We had to drive in to town to do that (though it is a short drive)! All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have to say I agree with several other posts here. I've never stayed at a resort of this caliber where the staff does nothing to make your stay more comfortable. Yes, the rooms are very nice and great ski in/ out location but that does not make up for the lack of service. Every request we made with the front desk was met with a "no". The staff is unfriendly and do nothing to make the guest feel welcome. We were staying in a large suite for the weekend and switching to a studio on Monday and asked if we could check into the studio earlier in the day. The manager told us the room was in use and we would have to vacate our suite at noon and not have access to the studio until check in at 5pm. It was so ridiculous we decided to call again in the morning and found out there was no one in the studio- the manager just straight up lied to a customer staying in the resort and skiing for 7 days!!!
If you are planning a mid-week stay you should know that there are no amenities open in the resort after 5pm weekdays with the exception of the bar and one formal restaurant. I would not stay here again, you expect more from a resort at this price.

6  Thank family562
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I do not normally write reviews but had to share the horrible and traumatic experience I had at the Jackson Gore Inn. We have been skiing at Okemo for years and have never stayed at the Jackson Gore inn, but decided to try it because of the convenient location and thought it would be relatively quiet after the holidays. We arrived on my son's birthday to share his favorite thing to do on his birthday and the staff ruined his day. We arrived early and was told that our room would not be ready until 5 pm, and we were happy to go ski and hang out with our three young kids until 5.

After waiting on line for 30 minutes, it was after 5 and the rude front desk staff told us, very unapologetically that our room was not ready yet and that we had to wait until 5:30. My husband left me with our 2 year old to go and unload our bags at the Adams house, thinking he was being time efficient so we could get dinner ready for our birthday boy when the room was ready. At 5:30, Dianne at the front desk told me that she never said 5:30 and that it may be 6 or even later. Meanwhile, many others were being told the same thing and there were many irate guests who were yelling at them. I told her that my phone battery ran out and that my daughter soiled her diaper and she would not even let me use the phone to call my husband and I was trapped there with my daughter and no diaper change. My husband spoke to the housekeeping staff and after I borrowed another guest's phone and managed to contact him, he told me that if I could get our room number the housekeepers would do our room next so we can get in ASAP. Dianne would not tell me the room number and did not even communicate with the housekeeping staff. Had she talked to them she would have known there were 7 more rooms to clean, and each room would take 30 minutes to clean meaning that we would not get into our room until after 7! Had she just communicated and told me that we should go eat dinner elsewhere, it would not have been ideal but we would have been able to salvage our son's birthday. Since I was trapped at the front desk with my daughter and no diaper change I was able to observe many guests upset and yelling at the staff. Children were running around the lobby, and people were eating off the floors, and the place was filthy, and the staff were rude and unhelpful.

We finally had to leave and find another place late in the evening with our three young children in tow. When I called the general manager the next day Charlie Dickerman, he was completely unhelpful and unsympathetic and completely unapologetic. No wonder the hotel is so poorly managed. It starts at the top. It would have cost them nothing to prioritize the room cleaning for the guests who had been waiting all day and it is unacceptable to not have rooms ready after 6 pm on check in day! The staff needs to be re-trained to properly run a hotel and needs training in customer service! This is completely unacceptable. We have stayed at many ski resorts and I have never seen such a poorly run, family-unfriendly, dirty place with the rudest staff and management. Stay away!

14  Thank Familyof52014
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had the worst experience at the Jackson Gore Inn by the horrible staff. Our room was not ready by check in time (5 pm). We were traveling with three young children and instead on being apologetic and trying to accommodate us, they were rude and surly. Many of the guests who had arrived by the check in time were being told that their rooms were not ready and there was a line out the door. There were kids running around like crazy and people eating off the floors. It was a total nightmare and looked like a squatter hotel. The place was a mess. This place is so horribly managed. When we complained to the manager Charlie Dickerman, instead of being sympathetic he was also as incompetent as his staff. The entire staff needs to be trained on how to handle customer service as well as to properly run a hotel. We have been to many resorts and I have never seen such incompetence. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place. It is a total nightmare. We finally had to find another place to stay, which was not easy late at night with three young tired kids. Really dirty, poorly run and horrible staff! Jaimie and Diane at the front desk are surly and should not be customer facing because they are rude and incompetent.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
14  Thank Skifamily2014
okemomountain, Manager at Jackson Gore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

We certainly regret when circumstances prevent us from delivering our rooms on time. In this case…it was Christmas vacation week, with previous occupants very slow to vacate, so we could clean. Equally regrettable are those circumstances when tensions get so high that courtesy suffers…on both sides of the desk. We are sorry for your difficult experience and hope that the rest of your ski trip was enjoyable. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We travelled with a 4 and an 8 year old. Excellent choice with a1 bedroom. There are 2 bath and two large rooms. One is a masterbedroom and the othe one with a queen size bed and bathroom. Super space with many closets. Very clean. We stayed at the 4 th floor with a view toward the mountain. Super nice.
The Inn is nicely position in an U Shape at the bottom of the slope. there is actually only one lift that takes you half way and than you have to take another lift to get it the top. They are high speed so it take about 10 min. The bunny slope is long enough and there is another carpet slightly higher. enough for someone like my son who is learning first moves.
Staff I'd very friendly. Everybody seemed to care to make you feel good.
There are 2 restaurants inside the Inn.
There are 2 pools and a gym.
A roller coaster.
Small arcade room.
Basically enough to make you stay there and not have to leave the Inn for anything.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Me74126500
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludlow
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort
Mountain Lodge at Okemo
Ludlow Colonial Motel
506 On The River Inn
506 On The River Inn
#3 of 6 in Woodstock
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Castle Hill Resort And Spa

Been to Jackson Gore Inn? Share your experiences!