All reviews ski check coleman brook tavern jackson gore full kitchen studio room murphy bed lobby bar slope side mountain coaster whole family spring house gas fireplace underground parking adventure zone ice skating rink ski resort off season
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We joined some friends at the Jackson Gore Inn for a week in August. It’s a great location and we found plenty to do in the area. The Property is nice with a restaurant and pool . The rooms are nice with good air conditioning which came in handy on a warm week in August. The town of Ludlow is close with a grocery store and several nice restaurants. I’m sure this place is great in the winter but it’s nice in the summer too.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

The grounds are stunning. The rooms are not and the entire place is in need of a deep cleaning. I booked a one bedroom suite which is really just two adjoining rooms, one which has beds and the other with a narrow kitchen and poorly designed living room with a Murphy bed. I can hear every step the neighbors above me take. The staff here is disinterested and unhelpful. I got a discounted rate and I still feel like I overpaid.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2018

So this is our 2nd time here, my husband and I, but before we visited at the start of autumn where the leaves were breathtaking and the hot tubs while it snowed in the evening was a memory that will last a lifetime.

This time, we visited in summer (August 25th 2018) and besides the lovely room with full kitchen (and full pot regular ol' coffeemaker/bring coffee and creamer), the mountain coaster caught my attention right away. Now i'm 35 and not a skinny minnie so at first I felt like maybe it was just for kids/smaller people. So instead we enjoyed the day immensely with the pools, hot tubs, sauna and steam room. We capped the night off with a delicious dinner at Coleman Tavern then enjoyed the company by the firepit and a wedding party that was there as well. This time we only stayed one night and when we woke up the next day I found myself again looking at the coaster. (It was visible from our balcony)

I decided I was going to try it and went for it. $15 later I found I fit just fine and was quite comfortable (the website says weight limit 350 which also made me feel at ease)

Let me cut to the chose when I say the coaster was the best part! It was just an absolute blast! You control the speed and climbing to the top with the stunning scenery then whizzing and whirling down the hill was just invigorating and I felt like a kid again.

Next time I will get the wristband and ride about 4 or 5 more times.. it really was THAT fun.

Room Tip: Rooms facing down the mountain are much quieter than the one facing the ski mountain and lifts.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Very nice property. Beds very comfortable.The outdoor pool has awesome views of the mountains surrounding the resort. Grocery store close by to prepare your own meals in the unit. Would have liked chairs to sit on the balcony in the morning or evening. Not much seating for a family in the living room to watch tv. Entire staff was nice, and the surrounding area has much to offer. Buttermilk falls across the road. Vermont country store fun venture close by

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank joekimber85
Reviewed 14 August 2018

My son and I stayed at Jackson Gore during 2017-2018 (January) skiing season.

The Good:

The hotel is positioned slopeside, so it is a short walk from the hotel to both: breakfast location and the lifts.

Rooms are clean and comfortable, no complaints

Access to two outside hot tubs and heated pool is very good. Pool can be entered from the outside, but also from the inside (read: no chilling wind as you are egressing/ingressing)

Free, underground parking garage is great

Cellular connectivity very good for the resort. Cell towner on the top of the mountain is a very good thing. A bit spotty while on the lifts, but we did have Sprint phones working with no issues.

Minor "Ughs"

Breakfast menu is a bit short and requires wait time in line. It isn't bad, but some time should be allotted.

Our room was on the 3d floor, facing the slopes, 6am snow plow could really use some rubber blades installed.. noisy, and woke us up. Assume 40 minutes to grab food and eat before hitting the slopes

Hot tubs outside require someone to hit start button every ~20 minute or so. Getting out in your swim-ware to push the button in chilling winds is... not pleasant :)

Wifi connectivity is spotty, wireless noise levels are high. I ended up linking my phone up and sharing the connecting for my 8yr old

Something to look out for:
Proximity to the lift is great, this also comes with consequences: lifts stop operating at 3:45pm, there are multiple locations on the mountain one can ski down to, and not all of them lead to Jackson Gore. In fact, most do not. Make sure you have a clear understanding which runs you will take to get back to the hotel, and practice one to make sure you get it right. Depending where you start your last run, "switchback" trail may be needed, it is easy to miss at speed. When it happens, you arrive to another base location, and, if lifts are closed, you get to wait for a shuttle to drive you back. It is not the fastest thing around... 30 min wasted time if you take it.

Overall, the hotel is very good. I would recommend it.

A bit about slopes (has nothing to do with the hotel rating)
1. Good all around, from beginners to advanced. There is something for everyone
2. Long runs, there is a good green slope you could relax on, it is a few miles long
3. It does get crowded at the lift on weekends, I'd stay away from Sun Burst if possible, 15-25 min wait
4. For crowd free head over to south side in the morning, few people and great runs, all are rated black diamond, there is one blue/green, but, the first time I took it, I ended up on blue / black. Not a big deal if you can ski, but if you have small kids, make sure you run through it yourself first.
5. Going to south side, you will take "Cat Nap" run that connects two main skiing trail branches. "Cat Nap" is ... slow, but the turn onto it is not. As you come off blue trail at fairly high speed and execute 90 degrees turn, pay attention! With 2017/18 season it rained/refroze a few weeks before and there was a solid ice patch under 0.25" of powder. My 8 year old flew right off and got stuck under a log. When med helpers came up to help to dig him out, one did a graceful split right in front of me on the same ice patch. This sport isn't chess, falls are expected, just heads up on that turn.
6. Med helpers do circle around slopes in numbers, skiing is inherently dangerous sport, it is a good thing if someone is available to help

Room Tip: If you don't like 6AM plow service waking you up, stay in rooms facing away from the mountain.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family