US$108
Timber Inn Motel(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$182
Travelocity
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
US$148
Castle Hill Resort And Spa(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
US$253
Motel in the Meadow(Chester)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$146
Magic View Motel(Londonderry)(Great Value!)
US$86
No availability for your dates from our partners
Swiss Inn(Londonderry)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsski checkcoleman brook tavernjackson gorefull kitchenstudio roomski schoolmurphy bedindoor poollobby barslope sidefire pitwhole familyunderground parkingadventure zoneroller coasterice skating rinkski resort
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I have heard great reviews of this place and the ski-in ski-out convenience factor is certainly high. Unfortunately this is not enough to justify the rates because frankly a good many of the staff does little to create a "resort" atmosphere. Management really needs to do a better job instilling a Disney-type "at your service" ethic at this place or risk serious loss of repeat business. Specifics: 1) At dinner one night at Siena we asked if a certain sauce could be substituted for another in a meal (both sauces were on the menu for separate entrees). The waitress said she would ask the cook. I saw and heard her do so (as the kitchen is visible). I kid you not, w/in MY EARSHOT she said to the guy "just say no" immediately at the end of the question. It was comical. 2) Later on during the trip we had the unfortunate incident of having our youngest child fall ill and neither restaurant manager would consider our request to allow us to take out food to our room (too busy of a night), until the front desk manager was brought in by me to intervene. Remarkably, the Siena manager did offer me (with a straight face) "breadsticks and salad is the best we can do"-- you get better food and service in prison. 3) For the same reason (allow our sick child to finish his nap) a one hour late checkout request on Sunday (from 12-1pm) was denied on the grounds that "we dont allow late checkout when a guest is arriving at your room later that day". I had to laugh at that since a) CHECK IN is at the absurd hour of FIVE PM and b) I requested an early check-in and was denied on the grounds that "the prior occupant to my room was a late check out". Again the front desk manager had to intervene. What's the motto here-- put the guests through a sufficient level of aggravation first before giving an inch. 4) I also had an Okemo ski instructor chastise me for stopping at a fork in a trail (where Sidewinder meets Moonshadow). I had a map in my hand, my two young daughters at my side, and was trying to find the way back to the JG base. He didnt EVEN ask me if I needed help but was apparently annoyed that he couldn't ski through at a fast enough rate of speed. 5) Saturday the lift line at the JG Express was AT LEAST 20 minutes by 10am. The crowds were enormous. They arrived by the busloads. On that day I found there was LITTLE effort to make sure that "Inn only" amenities are solely used by inn guests so the pools and the hot tubs were overrun (the "attendant" was a powerless 18 year old kid that I saw let several people in muttering something like youre technically not allowed to do so. Also there was not enough staff to keep the place clean: the gameroom was filthy (there was no attendant) and the lobby had empty glasses and garbage strewn about. The roundhouse (cafeteria) was LOADED with gear from daytrippers that made access to the tables a chore and nobody was there wiping down the table tops. There are some caring staff people to be found, and the front desk manager that got us our food could not have been nicer, but they should not be the exception. Honestly I would not return to this place.

1  Thank jtcunningham3
okemomountain, General Manager at Jackson Gore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences. Granted this is one of the busiest weeks the resort experiences (the week before Presidents’ Day) and we served thousands of family members on the slopes, in our lodging operations, in our dining and cafeteria outlets and more… but we didn’t serve you and your family well. It is clearly evident that in setting up for the large numbers we lost sight of some of the individual service levels for which Okemo is known. For that we are very sorry .

We can’t blame it on the staff…they were operating as we asked them to…i.e. Siena’s kitchen has limited extra capacity on fully seated Saturday nights and we ask them not to accept to go orders. Good for the seated diners but not good for you and we’re supposed to be at everyone’s service. I’m pleased that our night manager was able to resolve this but it shouldn’t have been so difficult for you.

That is true of each of the resolutions…late check out’s interrupt “the dominos’ we so carefully set up to ensure room availability for the next guests. But you had valid need for extra time and it took a managerial decision to make that happen; it should have been easier for you.

While we love the influx of business the vacation weeks bring to Okemo and we do our best to rise to the challenge of extra skier visits, the thoughts you expressed in your comments will help us keep our eye on the individual skier better than we did for you.

Again, thanks for your thoughts. We will use them constructively with all our managers in planning for our next busy weekend.

Charlie Dickerman

Reviewed 11 February 2011

Had a great view of the slopes, fire pit, and igloo! There were 3 of us: myself, husband and our 6 yr old son. The room was very very clean and appeared to be very new, which we were very pleased with. The room had just enough room for the 3 of us (two double beds); however, the floor space was tight w/ all of the luggage. We were surprised that there wasn't a deck off of the room; however, we did have a sliding glass door with a wooden safety gate over the slider.
We didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling from the staff in the hotel. They didn't seem happy to be working in the hotel for some reason. I saw very few staff smiling and/or greeting guests. It was really odd. We've been to resorts where the staff has been friendlier. At times we felt as though we were in Mexico with the amount of tipping that was expected, which was rather annoying.
I wish I knew they had washers & dryers on our floor so I would not have packed as much ski clothing and just did laundry so we'd have more room in our room.
The location was convenient to the slopes. We had use of 2 pools and 3 hot tubs, saunas, gym and a steam room. The amenities were great. The outdoor pool was really nice. Our son loved the pools.
Also, just an fyi...there is a coffee pot in the room and a hair dryer. No fridge in the small rooms.
For some reason at 5am, the staff was chipping the ice around the fire pit which woke my husband up every morning. Did not hear the grooming machines though which was good.
Liked best: slope side accommodations
Liked least: size of the room was nice but very very small

1  Thank Jen_Garry
Reviewed 9 February 2011

We stayed in an "Inn" room at the Jackson Gore Inn. We were looking for a family ski getaway where we could park the car on Friday and not move it until Sunday when we left. We have skied at Okemo before and always wanted to stay "on the mountain" to avoid the "lugging", "dragging" and driving to other hotels in the area. Okemo is an excellent family mountain with well groomed and scenic trails as well as competant and friendly staff. Even the other guests/visitors are cordial.

Overall, the rooms are basic "no frills here" but clean. Most of the hotels in the area are also of the same or lessor quality, so we did not have high expectations. The Jackson Gore hotel is central to all amenities. Nothing beats skiing all day, walking to you room for a quick nap and shower and then strolling to dinner at one of the on-site restaurants. The atmosphere is friendly and all staff encounters were positive, professional and friendly. Our son enjoyed the smores in the lobby and the spaghetti tacos at Siena. We were not partically fond of the food at Siena but enjoyed the atmosphere, good service and watching my son eat "spaghetti tacos"; priceless. We also ate at the Coleman Brook Tavern. The food was good; the staff and service was excellent.

Overall, we paid a little more to stay "on the mountain" but it was worth it for the convenience and a relaxing, fun stay.

If you ski and are looking for a family getaway, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your recent experience at Okemo. I am so glad that you enjoyed your trip. And the spaghetti tacos have been a huge hit with the kids... no doubt!

It has been a phenomenal season of snow, I do hope you are able to come back and enjoy it this Spring!

Charlie Dickerman

Reviewed 7 February 2011

A true ski in/out resort walking distance to the lift. Clean and comfortable. The outdoor pool and in / outdoor hot tubs were very nice. I really couldnt ask for anything more. I had called to book a room recently and their prices were OUTRAGOUS compared to last year.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank dml129
Reviewed 2 February 2011

My wife and I brought our 13 month old boy to Jackson Gore for six nights. It was our first time at Okemo and we were very impressed with the hotel and the mountain. If the room was $100 cheaper per night I would give it five stars all the way. But for the price I felt that the hotel could improve a few things.

Positive things that really stood out:

-Heated parking. What a great idea. Especially when we were leaving and it was 9F outside. We had a very happy baby.
-Slope-side convenience. You couldn't ask for better access to a chair lift, rentals, lessons, etc.
-Excellent daycare. It was our first time using daycare and we were very nervous (to say the least), but the staff and facilities were excellent.

Negative things that might make us think twice about going back:
-Cost. Maybe I'm just too cheap, but for these prices I could ski Canazei (Italian Dolomites) and have money left over for airfare.
-Humidity (or lack thereof). The room was very cold, which forced us to crank up the forced-air heat. Incredibly uncomfortable. Next time we will bring a humidifier. Strangely, a room on the opposite side of the building was too warm, forcing the guests (my Brother and his family) to turn on the AC.
-Crowd control: On Friday and Saturday night groups of children were running up and down the halls playing hide and seek and other games until midnight, with their parents occasionally emerging from their rooms to yell at them. I guess I should just expect this with any family friendly hotel (we are new to this), but when your baby is trying to go to sleep at 8pm it can be very frustrating.
-Difficult slopes: Not necessarily the fault of Jackson Gore Inn, but the slopes served by the Jackson Gore lifts were reasonably difficult. It would have been nice if they could have carved out at least one green (easy) slope from the top to the bottom. I don't mind the difficulty, but it forced a lot of very inexperienced skiers and snowboarders on to intermediate slopes that were clearly over there heads.

The bottom line is that we really had a great time and the Jackson Gore Inn made our first ski trip with our baby seem easy. We may be back, or we may go to Italy. :)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family