“Convenient Location, Cute Inn!”
Review of Timber Inn Motel

Timber Inn Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ludlow
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My boyfriend and I drove up to Ludlow for a weekend of skiing/snowboarding at Okemo and booked two nights at the Timber Inn Motel. It was very comfortable and clean--looked like it was updated recently--and was about five minutes from the mountain (we had a car, but you could take a shuttle). The couple that owns it gave us great recommendations for dinner and were generally very accommodating and friendly. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely return next time we're in Ludlow for the weekend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I went with a bunch of friends to Timber Inn Motel for a ski getaway weekend and had a fantastic time. The location was perfect as it was right near Okemo and had a shuttle pick us up to get to the mountain. Skiing and snowmobiling are close to the motel along with a great sledding recommendation from the staff.

Additionally, the staff was great whenever we needed anything and truly felt like we were in a cozy, friendly motel.

Both myself and all of my friends who came definitely want to come back, even in the summer when we were told there are a bunch of other outdoor activities right nearby like hiking.

If you're looking for a nice, cozy place with great staff for a fun weekend, this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Ask for the apartment if you have a bunch of people going!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Have stayed here once before, several years ago, and gave it good ratings. It's still as good as I remembered it. Here's what's good about it:
1. Nice rooms with knotty pine ceilings and 'timber' headboards
2. Excellent WiFi/Internet connectivity
3. You can walk across the street to have dinner at Sam's Steakhouse, one of the better restaurants in town
4. Great enclosed hot tub/sauna room on 2nd floor of motel - I'm sorry I didn't bring my bathing suit, would have been a great way to recover fro,m a hard day of Okemo skiing
5. Only a few minutes from downtown, and less than 15 minutes from Okemo

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NH_Joe
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend flew to Vermont from Florida to go snowboarding and we just winged it on the hotel. Glad we choose this hotel. Very comfortable. Great service. Room was extremely clean and updated. Less than 5 minutes away from okemo for skiing. When we come back we will be staying here from now on!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We get to the hotel and check in after a 5 hour drive. The room is a frigid 56 degrees Fahrenheit. I guess to save energy if no one is in the room the owners turn it down but it took HOURS to get the room at a comfortable temperature. They advertised a room with a kitchenette including a fridge and microwave so we brought food to cook. However, they consider a "kitchenette" JUST a fridge and microwave. Nothing to cook on. When I questioned the owner, Glenn, he said it wasn't written in the description and when he went to check, he noticed his error and apologized but too late for us! You can definitely hear the people on the second floor and depending on their schedule, they can disturb you. The Jr. Queen Suite is small and the TV remote doesn't work unless you are just inches from the TV. The toiletries are just soap (and aspirin that expired a year ago) so bring shampoo etc if you need.
The pluses...housekeeping is decent, motel is extremely close to Okemo and not far from Killington. When we got to the room and noticed there wasn't enough plates, glasses, utensils for our entire party, we did request them and it all came quickly. Master bedroom bed very comfortable. Pull out sofabed was decent. The hot tub was enjoyed by the kids and it was very clean but no towels when you go so bring them from your room. There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance and a large supermarket (Shaw's) 1.5 miles up the road.
Not sure if I'd return but overall it was a relatively comfortable stay but just go knowing what you are truly going to get! For $200/night, I expected and understood there to be more for my money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sojourn3
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed on the first floor in the renovated rooms. The room was very nice and the micro and fridge really helped out for packing lunches to bring to Okemo. The Village Pizza Shop is very close and reasonable if you want a quick bite. The town is close to hotel with a Dunkin Donuts and a Shaws food store nearby. We will definitely stay here again. The owner is very helpful and rooms were spotless. The hot tub and sauna were great features!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Our room, unit 1 was immaculate and very cozy. The rooms are newly renovated and really nice. There is a mini fridge and microwave for your convenience. The motel is located literally just two minutes driving from the downtown Ludlow bars and Okemo. Our room was very clean, and the sheet on the bed were actually the softest sheets I have ever slept in, really warm, perfect for Vermont's freezing cold weather. Spacious with a separate bedroom and then a living room with a couch and a cot already made and ready to go if you needed it.

We paid for two nights, but unfortunately my friend got hurt skiing around 10:00 in the morning. At 10:30 (checkout is 11) I called the owners, explained that we were going to go home and I was wondering if I could cancel the room for the second night as we would now not be needing it. They were very accomadating and understanding and even though I wasn't able to clear the room out until a little after 11, (making them have to pay their hourly cleaning staff more hours to stay and clean our unit for the next guest) they still refunded me for the night.

The other great thing was that it was only 119 a night, and it really was a nice place to stay. I know that prices vary during the season for holidays and busy weekends....but it was still a better rate than the rest, and again, really a high quality place to stay. Unfortunately, I did not get to experience the hot tub. I will surely choose to stay here throughout the season, and beyond.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelly U
timberinn, Owner at Timber Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Sorry your stay got cut short. We're saving you an even warmer seat in the Jacuzzi when you get the chance to come back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludlow
Jackson Gore Inn
506 On The River Inn
506 On The River Inn
#3 of 6 in Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express Springfield

Been to Timber Inn Motel? Share your experiences!