Timber Inn Motel
US$108
Jackson Gore Inn(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$175
Orbitz.com
US$187
US$182
Hotels.com
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$135
Priceline
Castle Hill Resort And Spa(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
US$253
Motel in the Meadow(Chester)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$146
Magic View Motel(Londonderry)(Great Value!)
US$86
No availability for your dates from our partners
Swiss Inn(Londonderry)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tub and saunaokemo mountainfridge and microwavegreat place to stayrooms are clean and comfortablewalls are thinspring skiingking bedliving roomski weekendglennshuttleapartmentfurnituredryerskierswinter
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I were meeting up with family friends to ski at Okemo this February. Our family was paying a lot of money to stay right on the mountain base in Jackson Gore at Okemo, but I had no interest in paying so much for a weekend trip and searched for a cheaper alternative. There were many, but we chose Timber Inn Motel and it looks like we made a smart decision.

Glenn, the owner, was very warm and welcoming. He warned us right off the bat that a group of college students were celebrating spring break at the hotel, and told us to come and speak with him if they got too loud/disturbed us.

The room itself was very cozy--it really felt like you were staying in a mountain cabin. The rooms were old but recently renovated, and they didn’t offer much in the ways of a kitchenette but that didn’t affect us. The beds were pretty comfortable, even after a sore day of skiing, and the thermostat worked very well, keeping the room nice and toasty despite the bitter February weather.

The bathroom area was very well-lit. My husband had a problem with the shower water pressure, which was pretty low and came out in a single, fat jet of water, but that never bothered me too much. We did notice however that we only had hot water when we took showers before dinner--in the mornings I guess there was too much demand for hot water, so the shower quickly turned frigid. Also be aware that they only offer basic soap and all purpose body wash/shampoo dispenser...so bring your own shampoo, conditioner, and body wash if you, like me, prefer to use separate products to clean your hair and body.

We didn’t use the hot tub, but that was mostly because we assumed it would be crowded with college students and we weren’t staying for that long anyway.

I will say that I think the hotel should invest in do-not-disturb signs, because it’s a little annoying to hear the cleaning staff pounding on every door in the hotel shouting “housekeeping!” so that by the time she gets to yours you’re already most definitely awake but have to tell her to come back later while you get ready. That’s always a pet peeve of mine--because I feel rushed to leave the room afterwards.

There’s no food on premises, but it’s on a whole street of restaurants and cafes. I wish we had tried some of those instead of joining my parents to eat at their Okemo lodge (the food there was all horrible). The best dinner we had BY FAR was at Sam’s Steakhouse across the street from the Timber Inn. It’s a little pricey but if you’re staying near Okemo, you don’t want to miss it!

That being said, the location of the Timber Inn is great. It was in the middle of town and only a 5 minute drive for us to Okemo mountain. Because our parents were staying there we got to explore those expensive lodging options and were thoroughly unimpressed. For the amount they were paying, I’d expected a 4 or 5 star resort. But instead the rooms were nice, but no more functional than the rooms at Timber, the on premises restaurants were all terrible and over-priced, and the open lobby areas were always crowded and just okay.

So I say if you’re going to ski at Okemo--skip the waste of money that is staying right at the mountain and instead stay at a place like Timber Inn, which will satisfy all your needs just as well and only requires a 5 minute drive to ski (or take the shuttle that goes between Timber Inn and Okemo regularly)!

Just watch out for the parking lot in colder months. Nearly the whole thing was one thick sheet of ice, and my husband and I slipped and stumbled on several occasions. Every time we went to and from the car we had to brace ourselves, even in snow boots.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are older, rooms on the bottom floor are most recently renovated.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danielle M
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I booked a room short notice for a little ski trip with friends. They gave us their ski'n'stay package even though we only stayed one night (every other place in town required a two night minimum stay). Since we were driving up early, Glen (the proprietor) did us the courtesy of leaving our lift passes outside the office for us to collect, and arranged to square up the bill that evening.

This place is incredible value for money. Upon arriving and getting to our room, I thought for a second that I'd paid double what I had paid. If I ever make another trip to Ludlow, there's no other place I'd stay!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My boyfriend and I drove up to Ludlow for a weekend of skiing/snowboarding at Okemo and booked two nights at the Timber Inn Motel. It was very comfortable and clean--looked like it was updated recently--and was about five minutes from the mountain (we had a car, but you could take a shuttle). The couple that owns it gave us great recommendations for dinner and were generally very accommodating and friendly. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely return next time we're in Ludlow for the weekend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I went with a bunch of friends to Timber Inn Motel for a ski getaway weekend and had a fantastic time. The location was perfect as it was right near Okemo and had a shuttle pick us up to get to the mountain. Skiing and snowmobiling are close to the motel along with a great sledding recommendation from the staff.

Additionally, the staff was great whenever we needed anything and truly felt like we were in a cozy, friendly motel.

Both myself and all of my friends who came definitely want to come back, even in the summer when we were told there are a bunch of other outdoor activities right nearby like hiking.

If you're looking for a nice, cozy place with great staff for a fun weekend, this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Ask for the apartment if you have a bunch of people going!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Have stayed here once before, several years ago, and gave it good ratings. It's still as good as I remembered it. Here's what's good about it:
1. Nice rooms with knotty pine ceilings and 'timber' headboards
2. Excellent WiFi/Internet connectivity
3. You can walk across the street to have dinner at Sam's Steakhouse, one of the better restaurants in town
4. Great enclosed hot tub/sauna room on 2nd floor of motel - I'm sorry I didn't bring my bathing suit, would have been a great way to recover fro,m a hard day of Okemo skiing
5. Only a few minutes from downtown, and less than 15 minutes from Okemo